Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have been testing the UK at 1.9 for a couple of weeks and it has work pretty stable. Only reboots I have experienced were after I install and use the virtual keyboard. But maybe that has nothing to do with the OC'ing..

Anyway since I am not an expert I was wondering if I can just uninstall the UK and instal the Warthog kernel to try it out. Or do i need to do anything special for changing Kernels like this?

Sorry if it's a stupid Question but didn't know how to search for this answer specifically. THANKS
    Always un-install the old testing kernel; reboot; install new testing kernel; reboot.

If there are problems; that's what the recovery kernel is for.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Always un-install the old testing kernel; reboot; install new testing kernel; reboot.

If there are problems; that's what the recovery kernel is for.
    Might be a dumb question:
    I know above procedure for changing (testing) kernels.
    -> However, what is the procedure for installing an update of an installed testing kernel?
    Does one have to re-install the stable (recovery) kernel before upgrading, or is upgrading fine without it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rgloor; 11/22/2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Might be a thumb question.
    I know above procedure for changing (testing) kernels.
    However, what is the procedure for installing an update of a testing kernel?
    Does one have to re-install the stable (recovery) kernel before upgrading, or is upgrading fine without it?
    Thanks in advance.
    One can just 'update' the kernel if there is an available update for an installed kernel.
    Just read the changelog first to ensure your understanding of what is new / updated.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Ok, so I haven't been keeping up on all this HP TP stuff lately. Last thing I updated was the WebOS version and now my Govnah and all the overclocking tools I added don't seem to be workign right. I imaging I need to update all my preware programs, right? Or am I way off?
    I've been running UberKernel (Veer) 2.1.2-27 from the beta-kernels feed for the last week, with the OnDemandTcl 1402 profile.

It's rock solid. No stability issues. No flakiness or anything suggestive of such. It's great.

Camera works, phone calls work, everything seems all there.

Speed is definitely there in benchmarks, but I don't notice so much in day-to-day use (though I might, when I go back to 800MHz...). Battery life is a bit less, but that's to be expected.

That's my experience! Thanks to the kernel developers et al.
    Hi,

I have applied the kernels(almost all three ) on Palm Pre 3 (EURO).
    I seem to face a strange problem that after the installation of the kernel the preferences and accounts section of the App Catalog goes grey and all the purchases starts failing.

Other than that I haven't noticed anything unusual.

br,
    Jitendra
    for CIFS, does this support the options:

nounix
    sec=ntlmssp?

This seems to be necessary for using smbx shares on OSX Lion.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Really looking forward to Uber-Kernel being available for the Pre2 running 2.2.4
    My Pre2 is on a go-slow since the update last week....
    Uberkernel isn't in the preware feeds on my Pre 3. I had a problem after the OTA and was getting TMC errors particularly when I had the alarm set in clock. In any event I removed uberkernal and went to reinstall hoping to stop the tmc errors but its not showing up? Did I hose up my Pre3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    uberkernel developer please view this:
    [WARNING] WebOS throttles Samba !!! We need a Patch !!!
    Belay my last, its on preware this morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Really looking forward to Uber-Kernel being available for the Pre2 running 2.2.4
    My Pre2 is on a go-slow since the update last week....
    + 1 (although I haven't noticed too much of a slowdown, really, and there does seem to be cifs support natively)

But also for the Pre + running 2.2.4! While I was testing this, before the palm-build-info was updated, I could install it just fine because it was still reporting that I was running 2.1.0. It really stablized the update. Now it won't install no matter what I do (short of poking around the control.tar file in the *.ipk)
    thomaz,

You sure do make a lot of demands of people around here, without doing anything yourself.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I noticed today that there was a new UberKernel 3.0.4-88 in standard Preware ( no beta feeeds on mine)

I was wondering what the general concensus was on this version, and on if it is deemed stable and safe for me to upgrade from my previous 3.0.4-68 version, where i generally used the 1.5GHZ profile?
  16.    #2816  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.interested View Post
    I noticed today that there was a new UberKernel 3.0.4-88 in standard Preware ( no beta feeeds on mine)

I was wondering what the general concensus was on this version, and on if it is deemed stable and safe for me to upgrade from my previous 3.0.4-68 version, where i generally used the 1.5GHZ profile?
    You can continue to use a 1.5GHz profile on the latest version. If it wasn't stable, it would have remained in the beta feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jitendra View Post
    I seem to face a strange problem that after the installation of the kernel the preferences and accounts section of the App Catalog goes grey and all the purchases starts failing.
    Hi, I am having exactly the same problem, but have not traced this back to a kernel installation. I will now revert to the stock kernel and recheck, but for now I don't think this would be caused by a kernel.

Update: reverted to original kernel, issue still there.

Did you find any other solution for it?

Max
    Last edited by m-h-k; 01/04/2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Hi,
    I was wondering whether the new uberkernel for TP in the beta feeds (3.0.4-89) has 1.8gHz, and if so when, if ever, is it likely to make it into the stable feeds
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
  19.    #2819  
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2011 View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering whether the new uberkernel for TP in the beta feeds (3.0.4-89) has 1.8gHz, and if so when, if ever, is it likely to make it into the stable feeds
    When/if it is stable ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2011 View Post
    Hi,
    This is amusing...

Everyone asks for the next "stable" Uber Kernel and refuse to install beta kernels. But the features that these people want is the *most* unstable feature.
    Live free or DIE!
    HelloNNNewman and xandros9 like this.