Page 140 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4090130135136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #2781  
    Yeah, those are way-old profiles from before I put in the kernel selection support.

Uninstall and reinstall should get rid of them.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Uninstalled, reinstalled, all the extraneous profiles are gone on the Touchpad. Thanks again.
  3.    #2783  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice748 View Post
    I notice the govnah app in preware will th temp sensor work with any kernel or does the kernel in Preware have to be installed?
    CPPU Temperature sensing requires a kernel that has support for a CPU temperature sensor.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  4.    #2784  
    Available now in the beta-kernels feed:

UberKernel/TouchPad @ 1.7GHz (available for webos 3.0.2 and webOS 3.0.4)
    UberKernel/Pre3 @ 1.9GHz (available for webOS 2.2.0 build 3171 and webOS 2.2.3)
    UberKernel/Veer @ 1.4GHz (available for webOS 2.1.1 and webOS 2.1.2)

Use Govnah 1.3.3 from the beta-apps feed to match.

Look in Advanced Settings -> CPU Frequency -> bottom of the page for the new stuff.

Create a new profile with your desired settings if you choose.

Remember that you are beta testing, and therefore are gladly complying with all the obligations of a beta tester listed on Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals :
    Rules that you must agree to before using these feeds

Before you use our testing feeds, please read and agree to the following rules:

1. Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha or beta testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their device at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.
    2. They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.
    3. They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.
    4. They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.
    5. They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.
    6. They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.
    7. They will never post the raw testing feed URLs or instructions anywhere, but will always refer others directly to this page using only the URL "http://testing.preware.org/"
    8. When asking for help, they will include the phrase (which may change occasionally) "I've read the rules". Failure to include the phrase will result in the request for help being silently ignored.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha or beta testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.
    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/12/2011 at 05:42 AM.
    awesome. For my benchmark It seems to have outperformed the F4 at 1.7GHz.
  6.    #2786  
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    awesome. For my benchmark It seems to have outperformed the F4 at 1.7GHz.
    It's the same overclocking code, and has less optimisations than F4, so I suspect it's local variation between your two test environment conditions.

-- Rod
    possibly. With UberKernel set to 1.7GHz in Turbo mode and nothing else modified, I get a score of 80. In F4 at 1.7GHz in Turbo mode with nothing else also modified I used to get around 85-90. Both were set to the ondemandtcl governor.
    The CPU Voltage dialog only allows modifications of 2.5mV at a time, is this likely to change? As it stands, making any significant changes to the settings takes forever.
    Also, Govnah resets all voltage settings for all profiles upon a freeze and reboot. I like to save a new 'safe' profile every time I reach a stable milestone voltage, and thanks to this behaviour all of my safe profiles' voltage settings got nuked.
  9.    #2789  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    The CPU Voltage dialog only allows modifications of 2.5mV at a time, is this likely to change? As it stands, making any significant changes to the settings takes forever.
    Also, Govnah resets all voltage settings for all profiles upon a freeze and reboot. I like to save a new 'safe' profile every time I reach a stable milestone voltage, and thanks to this behaviour all of my safe profiles' voltage settings got nuked.
    Govnah does not change profiles on a freeze and reboot. Govnah refuses to *apply* a profile on a freeze and reboot (so you don't get into a reboot loop), but does not change any settings you have in your saved custom profiles.

However, any time you experiment at the edge of overclocking stability, you risk filesystem corruption due to unsaved changes to the filesystem when the kernel crashes. You may be experiencing that. I hope you have good backups.

-- Rod
    Aha, I see. My system on the whole seems fine- no issues except for the reverted voltage settings. If the worst comes to it the doctor is at hand.

Incidentally, during the course of my experimentation, i found that my Pre can run stable at 1.8Ghz whilst undervolted to 800mV. Quite a pleasant suprise, until i switched to 1.9Ghz at 1475mV and it crashed. This and previous attempts make me think that it crashes upon sudden, large changes in voltage. Just putting that out there in case it's helpful :P
  11.    #2791  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Marco has fixed some issues with voltage modifications on Veer and Pre 3.

The kernels are being updated, and Govnah 1.3.7 should be used with them (and for the TouchPad too). There is 12.5mV granularity on TouchPad and 25mV granularity on Veer & Pre 3.

-- Rod
    I'm using the non-overclocked, public release of Uberkernel right now on my Pre3 (my first webos device). I looked through the forums and couldn't find an answer to this, so do the OC'd versions of uberkernel ever come to the public release or will they always remain as beta versions due to the nature of OC'ing? I'm interested in trying out some of the new features in the current beta UK, but wondered whether they'd be coming out of the beta anytime soon or if I will need to use the beta instead.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    do the OC'd versions of uberkernel ever come to the public release or will they always remain as beta versions due to the nature of OC'ing?
    Click in "Profiles" in Govnah, and you'll see some scary 1900 Mhz speeds...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Click in "Profiles" in Govnah, and you'll see some scary 1900 Mhz speeds...
    Is that in the general public release of Govnah for the Pre 3? Or in the beta release? I'm running the public release (version 1.2.3), and the highest it goes is 1.4 Ghz...

If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
    Let's see... Preware says I have UberKernel 2.2.0-23, with Govnah 1.3.7. So it had to came from a beta feed, sorry if I confused you. You can add beta feeds to Preware, but webos-internals people had made it more complicated, to reduce audience. Ready for the challenge?
  16.    #2796  
    Let's see... Preware says I have UberKernel 2.2.0-23, with Govnah 1.3.7. So it had to came from a beta feed, sorry if I confused you. You can add beta feeds to Preware, but webos-internals people had made it more complicated, to reduce audience. Ready for the challenge?
    Seriously, people should not be goaded into using the beta feeds - they are for genuine beta testers who are prepared to help with determining the stable limits and are genuinely prepared for the very likely possibility that their data will be corrupted at the extreme limits and they may need to doctor their device. We do not attempt to reduce that pool of genuine beta testers in any way - we would love as many genuine beta testers as possible.

Once the stable limits are found, those stable limits are enabled in the public release.

For the Pre 3 UberKernel, it's clear that 1.9 GHz is not stable on all devices, so will not be part of the public release, but lower overclocked frequencies very likely will be part of the public release.

As an example, we have heard from engineers who know about these things that overclocking a Pre 3 above 2 GHz for any period of time, no matter how short, will permanently affect the lifetime of the device in dramatic ways ...

-- Rod
    Ready for the challenge?
    Haha, I installed the beta feeds yesterday (didn't find it too challenging =) ) and did some poking around in the new features for Uberkernel already. Just was wondering if these were features that would migrate to the public release or if they will only be available in the beta since they are for OC'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Once the stable limits are found, those stable limits are enabled in the public release.

For the Pre 3 UberKernel, it's clear that 1.9 GHz is not stable on all devices, so will not be part of the public release, but lower overclocked frequencies very likely will be part of the public release.
    Thanks Rod - that's exactly what I was wondering!

uberkernel beta working fine on my touchpads, will report back if any issues
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Available now in the beta-kernels feed:
    UberKernel/Veer @ 1.4GHz (available for webOS 2.1.1 and webOS 2.1.2)

-- Rod
    Great! Installed on two Veer with webOS 2.1.1, oc'ed with "OnDemandTcl 1248" and running fine so far.

Many thanks for the cifs support!