Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #2741  
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    Dear UberKernel team,

I got a incident with Uberkernel today. I hope my description can help you to investigate:

I was running 5 cards at the time. I also switching between cards and launchers - Fast- since i want to feel the smooth of 1.5 speed. After that I lauch Audiophile HD. this is the first time I launch it so that i come to the setup screen.
    - The screen it totally unresponsive. Firstly, I wasn't panic because I had this problem before with Bug Village. with the Bug village, the launching screen was unresponsive for nearly 2 mins will I can click play (this is with Uberkernel profile)
    - This time, The screen was completely freeze. I cant not toss it up, choose anything. I push the home button: nothing happen too. I let it stay for 15 mins and hoping it will come back but It does not come back. Note: in case of Bug Village, I still can go back to the home screen. and play with other cards
    - In the end, I have to hard reset wit home + power button

Can you help to explain what happen?? I am not a developer but I am curious

p/s My personal experince with 3.0.4 uberkernel is it's not smooth all the time, there is the up and down, fast and slow :-) thankyou
    Btw, I did add new the system fonts to my TP so that I can read Vietnamese.THank
    Do these problems occur immediately after reboot with only that single app being started after reboot?

Do these problems occur every time you start these apps?

If you remove UberKernel, do these problems still occur?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The incident with the Audiophile is the first time I meet.

The bug village's Freeze happen every time I launch the app, whether after reboot/ stand alone app/ or anything else

When I uninstall Uberkernel, everything goes smoothly

p/s sorry for the late reply, I did not know you reply supper fast
    Last edited by locbuondoi; 10/23/2011 at 02:13 AM.
    can you give me some link so that I can learn how to do some basic investigate so that I can be more helpful?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    In the Pre 2 UberKernel, can you please replace the HP logo with the webOS Internals one?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I'm using Govnah 1.2.3 and uberkernel 3.0.4 -68 on my 32gb touchpad (3.0.4) and I still don't have the use of the camera. Am I just not holding my tongue right or is there something else? I searched to see if this topic was covered earlier, but I didn't see anything. Thanks for your help and great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbo View Post
    I'm using Govnah 1.2.3 and uberkernel 3.0.4 -68 on my 32gb touchpad (3.0.4) and I still don't have the use of the camera. Am I just not holding my tongue right or is there something else? I searched to see if this topic was covered earlier, but I didn't see anything. Thanks for your help and great work!
    Just mailed mine back for warranty repair because of this. Never got camera to work no matter which kernel/webOS version I used.
    EDIT: Just to clarify... Replacing/repairing because of the CAMERA not functioning, NOT because of Uberkernel!
    Last edited by matteebee13; 10/31/2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Rod, would it be possible to add cifs support to the Pre 3 uberkernel as well? Would be great to use the Enyo Drive mapper app on the Pre 3 as well!
  8.    #2748  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Rod, would it be possible to add cifs support to the Pre 3 uberkernel as well? Would be great to use the Enyo Drive mapper app on the Pre 3 as well!
    Should be in the beta-kernels feed within the hour.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    spud101 likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Wow, you are fast!!!
    Just installed UberKernel, and now need some advice: Which settings can I use? I chose the "UberKernel default" profile in Govnah, that immediately showed as "Unknown" (?), and not it seems stuck at 768 Mhz, as if the frequency throttling didn't work. Can anyone point me to some information about kernel settings?

I'm not so crazy to overclock an already blazing CPU, just wanted to learn.
    Are there any profiles that people would recommend for the Pre 3 (or places to look with what people have recommended) to balance performance and battery-life? I see that there aren't any defaults in Govnah, and from searching the forums, I'm only finding information in a rather piecemeal fashion as opposed to grouped settings for a complete profile. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    When I install UberKernel on my pre 3 with webOS 2.2.0 build 3171 and open Govnah it says Battery Temperature instead of showing the cpu temperature. It also shows only the palm default profile and nothing else. What can that be? Preware says UberKernel is installed.
  13.    #2753  
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    When I install UberKernel on my pre 3 with webOS 2.2.0 build 3171 and open Govnah it says Battery Temperature instead of showing the cpu temperature. It also shows only the palm default profile and nothing else. What can that be? Preware says UberKernel is installed.
    That is normal for UberKernel on the Pre 3. After reading the detailed package description carefully in Preware, what else were you expecting?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is normal for UberKernel on the Pre 3. After reading the detailed package description carefully in Preware, what else were you expecting?

-- Rod
    Ah, my bad, sorry. Are there any features planned other than the current ones? I'm used to UberKernel from the pre-
  15.    #2755  
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    Ah, my bad, sorry. Are there any features planned other than the current ones? I'm used to UberKernel from the pre-
    How does the following sound?

* New 1.9 GHz overclocking support, including voltage selection, ported to the Pre 3 by uNiXpSyChO.
    * New BFQ, SIO and V(R) IO schedulers.
    * Support for EXT4 filesystems.
    * Support for NFS and CIFS (Samba) network filesystems.
    * Support for iSCSI and ATA over Ethernet storage network protocols.

Available in UberKernel 2.2.x-16 in the alpha-kernels feed now.

-- Rod
    That sounds awsome! If a screen state governor could be added to that list, it would be perfect!
    Running Pre3 Uber v2.2.0-16

Using OndemandTcl 1690 with SIO i/o and reno tcp.

So far so smooth. Nothing to report here.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    1900 Mhz? That's scary! Downloading right now, asbestos underwear on...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Running Pre3 Uber v2.2.0-16

Using OndemandTcl 1690 with SIO i/o and reno tcp.

So far so smooth. Nothing to report here.
    How is the battery drain?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  20.    #2760  
    UberKernel 2.2.x-19 for the Pre 3 is now in the beta-kernels feed.

* 1.9 GHz overclocking (boots at 1.4 GHz for safety, use a Govnah profile to overclock)
    * screenstate (version 1) governor which runs at a higher speed when the screen is on, and a lower speed when the screen is off. Later versions will have more functionality. Your specific usage patterns (including background tasks) will determine whether this is better or worse for your individual circumstances. (YMMV)
    * All standard Linux 2.6.32 cpufreq governors made available for selection. Not all of them are useful or work well on a phone.
    * New BFQ, SIO and V(R) IO schedulers. Google them
    * Modification of the lowmemnotify threshold calculation to take into account free swap space. This reduces the occurrence of the Too Many Cards error. Open too many apps, however, and your device will slow down. (TANSTAAFL)
    * compcache compressed RAM swap kernel module. This effectively increases your available swap space, at the expense of access speed. Not that it can also induce lag at times due to the access speed trade-off. (TANSTAAFL)
    * Support for kernel crypto modules required by TrueCrypt.
    * Support for EXT4 filesystems.
    * Support for NFS and CIFS (Samba) network filesystems.
    * Support for iSCSI and ATA over Ethernet storage network protocols.

Thanks to uNiXpSyChO for writing the overclocking and screenstate code. UberKernel for the Pre 3 uses the same overclocking code as the A1 kernel.

(YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary)
    (TANSTAAFL: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/08/2011 at 05:11 AM.
    dadueler and mrkalel like this.