Page 137 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #2721  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Hmmm...I guess I should know better... I don't normally come across as such a NOOB...

Pre 3.
    webOS 2.2.3 (ATT)
    Govnah 1.0.7
    Uber 2.2.3-5
    There are no default profiles yet in Govnah for UberKernel on the Pre 3.

Create your own profiles and report what works best.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There are no default profiles yet in Govnah for UberKernel on the Pre 3.

Create your own profiles and report what works best.

-- Rod
    Thanks again Rod... Will Do...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I just updated Govnah to 1.0.9 and Uberkernel 3.0.2on my 16Gb touchpad. Before I do the update I switched my profile back to Palm default. After the update, Govnah no longer show the Uberkernal as an option. I already tried 2 different route:
    1. Removed both Govnah and Uberkernel and reinstalled them again
    2. Removed Uberkernel -> installed recovery kernel -> removed Govah -> removed Preware -> reinstalled Preware, Govnah and Uberkernel.

None of these solve the problem. I am now stuck at Palm default. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Latest stable Uberkernel on the TouchPad. (3.0.2-68)

After VLC plays a video for a few minutes, I keep getting pulseaudio crashes.
    Code:
    Assertion 'pthread_mutex_unlock(&m->mutex) == 0' failed at
    pulsecore/mutex-posix.c:108, function pa_mutex_unlock(). Aborting.
    sounds exactly like this bug, except that's for X86 not ARM...

Could this be the kernel, or is this in pulseaudio?

EDIT: In that bug, glibc was at fault. Where's that? In the parent or the chroot?
    Last edited by qole; 10/07/2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: kernel version added
    Come help me get my Chroot Scripts working!
    Installed latest updated Web Doctor today....installed Preware-Govnah-uberkernal....uberkernal states.."not compatable wtih operating system"...and help available??

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Installed latest updated Web Doctor today....installed Preware-Govnah-uberkernal....uberkernal states.."not compatable wtih operating system"...and help available??

IGo
    Latest Doctor is 3.0.4, right? UberKernel doesn't work with 3.0.4 yet.
    No its not

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
  8.    #2728  
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  9.    #2729  
    HP has released incorrect kernel source code for webOS 3.0.4, so kernels based on 3.0.4 source code will be delayed.

We released some kernels for 3.0.4 based on the 3.0.2 source code into the alpha and beta testing feeds. Note that the camera application breaks. Other things probably break too. Don't bother reporting things until we get the real 3.0.4 kernel source code.

We expect all alpha and beta testers (the only people who will see these 3.0.4 custom kernels built from 3.0.2 sources) to follow the threads in which I've posted this message. This is an obligation that people using the alpha and beta testing feeds accept when they add those feeds. See testing.preware.org for a list of your obligations.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Just crossing our fingers HP will up the right source fast! Did you have some reaction from HP already Rod?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I guess it's coming, I read HP has provided

Something completely different and thinking out loud, nothing else. Would it be possible to add missing BT profiles to the kernel (i.e. filetransfer over bluetooth), or does that require much more than some kernel tweaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Just crossing our fingers HP will up the right source fast! Did you have some reaction from HP already Rod?
    I see a new -80 update of the F15 kernel, so hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I guess it's coming, I read HP has provided

Something completely different and thinking out loud, nothing else. Would it be possible to add missing BT profiles to the kernel (i.e. filetransfer over bluetooth), or does that require much more than some kernel tweaking?
    Stock supports file transfers, you can send to the device via bluetooth, and the files will end up in the /tmp folder. Guessing that there's no way provided to be able to send from device, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Before updating to the 4.03 I removed UberKernel and all of the other Patches I previously installed so I havn't seen any problems. I was going to wait to update later but it was said by many that it improves system performance and speed. It does run a lot faster even without any patches. I am now waiting for UberKernal to become available as it just has a place holder at this time. I admit I re-installed it several times before I noticed it said unavailable. Just a bit impatient to see what increased processor speeds will do.
    All,

Just saw the UK 3.04 update in Preware (beta feed apparently) and updated to it and the latest Govnah today.

Govnah is also showing a 1.7Ghz profile, but somehow that cant be selected. (Bug in UK or Govnah?)

Is the UK that was released/showing in Preware today, based on the updated source code released by HP, or the older code they released in "error"?

Thanks.
    The newest Uberkernel report after 1 day observation:

- speed up the loading time of apps but make some games like Bug Village become unresponsive/ freeze for a while. I can tap on the play button immediately after the screen launch with the stock kernel. HOwever, the starting screen become unresponsive for a minutes with Uberkernel

- Uberkernel, reduce the smoothness of launcher compare to stock kernel
  16.    #2736  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    All,

Just saw the UK 3.04 update in Preware (beta feed apparently) and updated to it and the latest Govnah today.

Govnah is also showing a 1.7Ghz profile, but somehow that cant be selected. (Bug in UK or Govnah?)

Is the UK that was released/showing in Preware today, based on the updated source code released by HP, or the older code they released in "error"?

Thanks.
    Erroneous 1.7G profile for uberkernel is fixed in govnah 1.2.3

All kernels in the feeds have been rebuilt using the real 3.0.4 updated kernel source code.

-- Rod
    horseybob likes this.
    Sorry, after updating WebOS to 3.0.4, I haven't had much time to read/try/search for updated patches and kernels...

Just would like to know if it's OK to install UK Stable + Govnah.

Thx and sorry for my layzn33z and/or ignorance and/or busy work/life.
    what version of uber-kernel should I be using with latest hp 3.04- build77 OS?

in preware 1.8.3, all I see is uber-kernel v 3.0.4.-68 , is this the correct version that I should use?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.interested View Post
    what version of uber-kernel should I be using with latest hp 3.04- build77 OS?

in preware 1.8.3, all I see is uber-kernel v 3.0.4.-68 , is this the correct version that I should use?
    Yes that's the correct version for the 3.0.4 build.
    Dear UberKernel team,

I got a incident with Uberkernel today. I hope my description can help you to investigate:

I was running 5 cards at the time. I also switching between cards and launchers - Fast- since i want to feel the smooth of 1.5 speed. After that I lauch Audiophile HD. this is the first time I launch it so that i come to the setup screen.
    - The screen it totally unresponsive. Firstly, I wasn't panic because I had this problem before with Bug Village. with the Bug village, the launching screen was unresponsive for nearly 2 mins will I can click play (this is with Uberkernel profile)
    - This time, The screen was completely freeze. I cant not toss it up, choose anything. I push the home button: nothing happen too. I let it stay for 15 mins and hoping it will come back but It does not come back. Note: in case of Bug Village, I still can go back to the home screen. and play with other cards
    - In the end, I have to hard reset wit home + power button

Can you help to explain what happen?? I am not a developer but I am curious

p/s My personal experince with 3.0.4 uberkernel is it's not smooth all the time, there is the up and down, fast and slow :-) thankyou
    Btw, I did add new the system fonts to my TP so that I can read Vietnamese.THank