Page 136 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Anybody know what voltages are best set for pre 2? 1.1 ghz max.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should read http://bit.ly/phd-ac first for information about homebrew.

If you want to develop kernels, read Building Apps and Kernels - WebOS Internals

As far as HP's position on UberKernel, you may like to read HP webOS Developer Blog where details of homebrew and overclocking were presented at the most recent official HP developer event.

-- Rod
    Thank you Rod. I'm no where near being an expert in programming.. so i don't think i would even know how to build apps and kernels. lol. unless if it's easy as fundemental C language.
    I wanted to post some feedback about the Pre2 UK.

Sprintified unlocked Pre2:

I have had this kernel installed for a couple weeks now but recently the battery life has really taken a dive. I noticed that the ondemand gov was not letting it downclock. It would not drop below 1.1 even on a fresh reboot with nothing running. I finally had to uninstall the kernel because it was starting to overheat. The Kernel did drop the clock speed to 1ghz over 45C but I was getting up to 51C.
    I also tried using the screenstate but many times the system seemed to lock up and become unresponsive. The screen would not turn back on and I would have to pull the battery to restart.

At first the Kernel worked great and I was getting better battery life with the UK at 1.1. Let me know if you need any more testing on this.

Thanks,
  4. Tib
    I tried to install ‹berkernel on a brand new German HP Pre3 this morning and got a Postinst Error:

Code:
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre3.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.32.9-palm-rib/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.32.9-palm-rib/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    ...but the HP Pre is in factory condition. I applied some patches and installed some Apps, but nothing special which would go deep into the system. In fact even fewer patches an Apps I intalled on a Palm Pre with webOS 2.1 an never had any problems with Uberkernel on my old device.

I thought of installing the recovery kernel but i am afraid of breaking my Pre3 with some recovery files which are not compatible with my German Pre3? What shoud i do? How can i help?

By the way: there seems do be an error with the installation process: The installation failed, but the Uberkernel Icon and some files of the Info-Screen got installed. See attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #2705  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    I tried to install ‹berkernel on a brand new German HP Pre3 this morning and got a Postinst Error:

Code:
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre3.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.32.9-palm-rib/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.32.9-palm-rib/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    ...but the HP Pre is in factory condition.
    Has it been OTA updated to build 3171 ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. Tib
    Sorry, i wasn't aware there is or could be a recent official OS update. My Pre3 is still on build 3165.

The System Update check tells me there is no update available...
  7.    #2707  
    Sorry, i wasn't aware there is or could be a recent official OS update. My Pre3 is still on build 3165.

The System Update check tells me there is no update available...
    There is no webOS Doctor available for build 3165, so you will not be able to install UberKernel against that build unless you install the Palm Recovery Kernel (which is built from the build 3171 webOS Doctor).

The webOS Doctor for build 3171 can be found on

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  8. Tib
    Thank you very much.

...never needed to doctor a Pre since my first Pre at the end of 2009. Thrilling...
  9.    #2709  
    Thank you very much.

...never needed to doctor a Pre since my first Pre at the end of 2009. Thrilling...
    I take the opposite approach - the first thing I do with a new webOS device is doctor it. Then I know I have a known starting point

-- Rod
    So far so good - no TMC errors with the Beta kernel for the Touchpad but I still have problem getting it in USB mode sometimes and have to reboot in order to do so.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  11.    #2711  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    So far so good - no TMC errors with the Beta kernel for the Touchpad but I still have problem getting it in USB mode sometimes and have to reboot in order to do so.
    Is that only when running UberKernel, or does it happen on stock kernel too?

-- Rod
    I apologize if it has been asked before, but could you please tell me if using the Uberkernel on a TouchPad at stock speeds (no overclocking) boasts any performance or other gains over the stock kernel?
  13.    #2713  
    Quote Originally Posted by diamantius View Post
    I apologize if it has been asked before, but could you please tell me if using the Uberkernel on a TouchPad at stock speeds (no overclocking) boasts any performance or other gains over the stock kernel?
    The package description in Preware details all the features of each kernel.

-- Rod
    I tried to uninstall the kernel but he give me error masage
    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT:
    please help
    Quote Originally Posted by ROTAHA View Post
    please help
    What phone, os version etc. are you running?
    Details matter in order to get assistance.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  16.    #2716  
    Quote Originally Posted by ROTAHA View Post
    please help
    Install the Palm Recovery kernel.

-- Rod
    Try the newest version of the webOS 1.4.5.1 recovery kernel.

-- Rod
    Thank you so much! That solved the problem. Back overclocking and using the wifis.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. But I appreciate all you and the other developers put into making webOS what it is. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    For some reason, Govnah is not showing Uberkernal under available profiles.

I originally had the placeholder for Uber, which I updated and it did not show up.

I then removed & reinstalled both Govnah & Uber, still no dice... Any thoughts?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  19.    #2719  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    For some reason, Govnah is not showing Uberkernal under available profiles.

I originally had the placeholder for Uber, which I updated and it did not show up.

I then removed & reinstalled both Govnah & Uber, still no dice... Any thoughts?
    My first thought is that stating which device and webOS version you are referring to would help, let alone the Govnah and UberKernel versions too ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    My first thought is that stating which device and webOS version you are referring to would help, let alone the Govnah and UberKernel versions too ...

-- Rod
    Hmmm...I guess I should know better... I don't normally come across as such a NOOB...

Pre 3.
    webOS 2.2.3 (ATT)
    Govnah 1.0.7
    Uber 2.2.3-5
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El