Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Hi everyone,

Ever since I installed uberkernel and govnah, my phone turns itself off, from time to time. I noticed that this happens when the phone stays in stand-by for a longer period of time, without any activity. Am I the only one who encountered this problem? Is there any solution?
    I'm running on a custom profile, screenstate 500/720, on the original Pre, European unlocked version (p100ueu).
    hello there,

verizon - palm pre plus
    webOS 1.4.5.1
    preware 1.7.5

i get the "verification failed" error list and device kernel is not in factory condition.
    the only error is in the postinst section.

i had a similar experience to a previous post a couple pages back. i tried installing AV8B Harrier II. i believe i got an error at that point and was not able to install. now i can't install anything other than palm kernel, wifi does not work and camera app does not function properly (dark screen, though it seems to take pictures). i may have neglected to install palm recovery before attempting switch from UK to Harrier.

current kernel versions are Harrier 1.4.5-186 and UK 1.4.5-178. i have updated feeds since the issue, so it may have started with a previous version.

i did read and see the suggestions of switching to palm kernel and then to UK. i did try this, both with a restart between and hitting later instead. it still will fail for anything other than palm kernel, and with palm kernel i still have those issues.

interestingly (maybe), even though i have it set not to show installed as available, it does show the palm kernel when i restart preware.

anything i missed? i am eligible for an upgrade, so i can get a new phone now or put up with this for a month or so. doesn't seem worth doctoring for. sorry if i did miss anything; i tried to be diligent reading through this thread and googling.

thank you for your help and all you guys do to improve webOS life!
  3.    #2683  
    Quote Originally Posted by username123 View Post
    hello there,

verizon - palm pre plus
    webOS 1.4.5.1
    preware 1.7.5

i get the "verification failed" error list and device kernel is not in factory condition.
    the only error is in the postinst section.

i had a similar experience to a previous post a couple pages back. i tried installing AV8B Harrier II. i believe i got an error at that point and was not able to install. now i can't install anything other than palm kernel, wifi does not work and camera app does not function properly (dark screen, though it seems to take pictures). i may have neglected to install palm recovery before attempting switch from UK to Harrier.

current kernel versions are Harrier 1.4.5-186 and UK 1.4.5-178. i have updated feeds since the issue, so it may have started with a previous version.

i did read and see the suggestions of switching to palm kernel and then to UK. i did try this, both with a restart between and hitting later instead. it still will fail for anything other than palm kernel, and with palm kernel i still have those issues.

interestingly (maybe), even though i have it set not to show installed as available, it does show the palm kernel when i restart preware.

anything i missed? i am eligible for an upgrade, so i can get a new phone now or put up with this for a month or so. doesn't seem worth doctoring for. sorry if i did miss anything; i tried to be diligent reading through this thread and googling.

thank you for your help and all you guys do to improve webOS life!
    Please email the IPKG Log to yourself and then post it here.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please email the IPKG Log to yourself and then post it here.

-- Rod
    had it before, sorry I did not include

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    98 3481k 98 3445k 0 0 40844 0 0:01:27 0:01:26 0:00:01 48082
    100 3481k 100 3481k 0 0 41027 0 0:01:26 0:01:26 --:--:-- 61567
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    Install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    Installing org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre (1.4.5-178) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst)
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  5.    #2685  
    Now show the log after you have installed the Palm Recovery Kernel first.

-- Rod
    I tried to do a search and looked through many threads to find this answer but I was wondering at what temperature should I be concerned about when using uberkernel on the touchpad?
    Thank you for this awesome work!
    I dont know why, but this kernel has got a much better performance than thie F15 and warthogs !?

Thanks again
    Now show the log after you have installed the Palm Recovery Kernel first.

-- Rod
    webOS 1.4.5.1
    preware 1.7.5
    palm kernel 1.4.5-10
    UK 1.4.5-178

one other thing i should mention is that it is possible i deleted something relevant when trying to get rid of some theme remnants.

thank you again.

After installing palm kernel first, no reboot

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 3481k 100 3481k 0 0 78091 0 0:00:45 0:00:45 --:--:-- 99k
    100 3481k 100 3481k 0 0 78090 0 0:00:45 0:00:45 --:--:-- 59035
    identify
    install
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    remove
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

After installing palm kernel and rebooting before uberkernel

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    99 3481k 99 3471k 0 0 119k 0 0:00:29 0:00:29 --:--:-- 90626
    100 3481k 100 3481k 0 0 119k 0 0:00:29 0:00:29 --:--:-- 100k
    identify
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mateevici View Post
    Hi everyone,

Ever since I installed uberkernel and govnah, my phone turns itself off, from time to time. I noticed that this happens when the phone stays in stand-by for a longer period of time, without any activity. Am I the only one who encountered this problem? Is there any solution?
    I'm running on a custom profile, screenstate 500/720, on the original Pre, European unlocked version (p100ueu).
    Dose anyone have any ideas for this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by mateevici View Post
    Dose anyone have any ideas for this problem?
    You should post kernel version and full Govnah profile, and maybe you'll get an answer.
    Live free or DIE!
  11.    #2691  
    Quote Originally Posted by username123 View Post
    webOS 1.4.5.1
    preware 1.7.5
    palm kernel 1.4.5-10
    UK 1.4.5-178

one other thing i should mention is that it is possible i deleted something relevant when trying to get rid of some theme remnants.

thank you again.

After installing palm kernel first, no reboot

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 3481k 100 3481k 0 0 78091 0 0:00:45 0:00:45 --:--:-- 99k
    100 3481k 100 3481k 0 0 78090 0 0:00:45 0:00:45 --:--:-- 59035
    identify
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

After installing palm kernel and rebooting before uberkernel

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    99 3481k 99 3471k 0 0 119k 0 0:00:29 0:00:29 --:--:-- 90626
    100 3481k 100 3481k 0 0 119k 0 0:00:29 0:00:29 --:--:-- 100k
    identify
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Try the newest version of the webOS 1.4.5.1 recovery kernel.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    newbie here.. i was reading on post # 1 from Rob and it mentioned about the For GPL compliance, the source level patches are at git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/tree

since the post was started in 2010, i was wondering if the links are still good? also, i don't know which one i should use, since i just got my 32 TP last week. any suggestions? i'm running uberkernal @ 1.5GHz and govnah. but i didn't install any of the compliance thingy...

meaning, i have no clue what kernal package i have in my TP.

also, i notice there is a backup in the setting that is set to ON. should i turn off as it say it will share some info to HP when it backs-up? then wouldn't they know there's uberkernal installed?
    Last edited by ek9cusco; 09/16/2011 at 02:05 AM.
  13.    #2693  
    Quote Originally Posted by ek9cusco View Post
    newbie here.. i was reading on post # 1 from Rob and it mentioned about the For GPL compliance, the source level patches are at git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/tree

since the post was started in 2010, i was wondering if the links are still good? also, i don't know which one i should use, since i just got my 32 TP last week. any suggestions? i'm running uberkernal @ 1.5GHz and govnah. but i didn't install any of the compliance thingy...

meaning, i have no clue what kernal package i have in my TP.

also, i notice there is a backup in the setting that is set to ON. should i turn off as it say it will share some info to HP when it backs-up? then wouldn't they know there's uberkernal installed?
    You should read http://bit.ly/phd-ac first for information about homebrew.

If you want to develop kernels, read Building Apps and Kernels - WebOS Internals

As far as HP's position on UberKernel, you may like to read HP webOS Developer Blog where details of homebrew and overclocking were presented at the most recent official HP developer event.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Hi there from my new Pre 3!

Sorry for the interruption, but I've just installed Govnah, and would like someone to explain me the funky figures it shows for CPU speed. Aside from the oscene "1.416 Ghz", it alternates to "122.88 Mhz". I guess this kernel and CPU does some interesting speed throttling. I'm curious, cound anyone explain in detail?
    The CPU-speed goes down if it isn't needed to run fast. If it would stay at the "obscene" 1.416 Ghz, it would be fast and your battery would die even faster

@UberKernal developers: I suppose there aren't any plans on a Pre3 UberKernal yet? Or did I just miss something?
  15.    #2695  
    The kernel source for the Pre 3 doesn't boot. We've reported the problem to HP.

-- Rod
    Out of curiosity does uber kernel for the touchpad have the same code fix for too many cards as the pre uber kernel? Or did HP/palm correct the mistake in webOS 3.x?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  17.    #2697  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Out of curiosity does uber kernel for the touchpad have the same code fix for too many cards as the pre uber kernel? Or did HP/palm correct the mistake in webOS 3.x?
    It does not. It will need to for the Pre 3 though.

-- Rod
    getting the same error as username123 tried to uninstall the reinstall uberkernel. where is and how do i install the recovery kernel. have the pre+ running 1.4.5.1.
  19.    #2699  
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    getting the same error as username123 tried to uninstall the reinstall uberkernel. where is and how do i install the recovery kernel. have the pre+ running 1.4.5.1.
    The recovery kernel is in Preware. Palm Kernel (Pre) in the Recovery category.

-- Rod
    It does not. It will need to for the Pre 3 though.

-- Rod
    Ah then being on stock kernel if I get TMC then I definitely ran out of RAM then. Only happened once which is why I was wondering. I haven't installed uber kernel yet but I'm thinking about it.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.