Page 134 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #2661  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamlid View Post
    Yep, 3.0.2, using Preware 1.7.5 with the ALL testing feed and the armv7 testing feed added and all updated.
    So you didn't read the Testing Feeds Wiki page then ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    haha, I did.. Just foolishly not to the bottom! Apologies and thanks
    Does the kernel have set OCing speeds? Or are they percentage increases from default. I only ask since I'm using a 64GB TP running on two 1.5ghz (default speed) chips. 1.7Ghz should be stable, but I was wondering if maybe I would be able to hit 2ghz.
    Hi,

I have experienced a number of system-shutdowns (found Pre2 simply shut down in the morning) running the UberKernel/Pre2 2.1.0-76.

I'm willing to help troubleshoot this, by I'm not really happy to read all the 134 pages in this forum thread. Is there a documentation somewhere on what information I should gather from the system after such a shutdown to help understanding and fixing this issue?

Regards
    sthones
    I have also had about 3 random reboots since moving to this uberkernel / verizon 2.1 combo back when the official doctor file was released a few weeks ago. I havent really paid it much mind until now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Hi there from my new Pre 3!

Sorry for the interruption, but I've just installed Govnah, and would like someone to explain me the funky figures it shows for CPU speed. Aside from the oscene "1.416 Ghz", it alternates to "122.88 Mhz". I guess this kernel and CPU does some interesting speed throttling. I'm curious, cound anyone explain in detail?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am an old pre- user who switched to android after a while. Back with a touchpad and happy with it. Question is, besides overclocking is there a benefit to using the uberkernel on the touchpad.

I know it fixed the TMC error on my pre but is that still a concern with the touchpad

thanks
    adam
    thank you for thus awesome kernel. Back in the pre days j also overclocking, but uber-kernel has proven to be a very reliable release. I do have a question. I've read that the uber-kernel doesn't support both cores, will it? Gonna doesn't show the second core doing anhthing . Also curious if uber-kernel will support 1.7 (in the public feeds)

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Interesting, I had overlooked the bottom of the testing feed wiki also. I just installed Preware last night and added the "All" and "armv7" feeds this morning, installed version -22 first thing this morning, and later today was presented with and installed version -36.

The only 2 feeds I have set up are "all" and "armv7".
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  10.    #2670  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    thank you for thus awesome kernel. Back in the pre days j also overclocking, but uber-kernel has proven to be a very reliable release. I do have a question. I've read that the uber-kernel doesn't support both cores, will it? Gonna doesn't show the second core doing anhthing . Also curious if uber-kernel will support 1.7 (in the public feeds)
    UberKernel overclocks both cores, as needed.

-- Rod
    Are there plans for voltage control on the TouchPad? One of the things I enjoy most about OCing is controlling the voltage, I have my Pre- running at 1Ghz on stock voltage. :P
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Hello,
    I have run this kernel for a whole week and have seen around 5-6 random restart/reboot (not sure if more when I was away from it), even when sitting at idle. Is there any optimal setting for this kernel at all? Mine is ondemandctl, 192hz-1.5gHz, noop scheduler. Also, when I check dmesg log I have got a lot of :
    [ 4894.017138] decrease_vdd: vdd_sc (cpu1) decrease failed (-5)
    [ 4894.017146] cpufreq: cpu1 init at 1512000 switching to 1188000
    [ 4898.147180] saw_set_voltage: msm_spm_set_vdd failed -5
    [ 4898.147205] decrease_vdd: vdd_sc (cpu1) decrease failed (-5)
    [ 4898.158046] cpufreq: cpu1 init at 1512000 switching to 1188000
    [ 4981.047124] saw_set_voltage: msm_spm_set_vdd failed -5
    [ 4981.047134] decrease_vdd: vdd_sc (cpu1) decrease failed (-5)
    [ 4981.047142] cpufreq: cpu1 init at 1512000 switching to 1188000
    Is this also normal in general?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    My Touchpad seems to be draining battery at a quicker rate since the recent Uberkernal (3.0.2-36 and -52) and Govnah (1.0.5 and 1.0.6) updates.

Anyone else experiencing this?

On the PALM DEFAULT setting, when sitting idle with no network connection and only Govnah running with very low screen brightness it averages about -630mA's. Before the updates it seemed to average closer to -550 mA's. When running on the 1.5 setting its a little higher (avg -650mA's)

Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of UberKernal or Govnah to try and confirm this?

Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by khue19; 09/06/2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: more details added
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    Great news! I just found that the latest version 3.0.2-52 has incorporated NLS UTF-8 support. Uberkernel is the best!!!
    i just installed uber-kernel on my touchpad and i noticed when i did youtube stopped working.. when i removed uber kernel, it worked again.. this was before and after i used govnah to overclock it.. didnt work before the overclock or after.. once i uninstall uber, youtube is fine again.. any ideas why this is happening?
    Were CIFS and NFS left out of the 3.0.2-52 uberkernel? I'm not seeing them in /proc/filesystems. I was able to build and load the NFS module using Palm's sources, but cifs won't load due to missing slow_work_enqueue and slow_work_register_user symbols in the kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by eswanson View Post
    Were CIFS and NFS left out of the 3.0.2-52 uberkernel? I'm not seeing them in /proc/filesystems. I was able to build and load the NFS module using Palm's sources, but cifs won't load due to missing slow_work_enqueue and slow_work_register_user symbols in the kernel.
    Use F4 or F15 kernels for that.
    Live free or DIE!
  18.    #2678  
    Quote Originally Posted by eswanson View Post
    UberKernel public release is meant to have CIFS and NFS. If it is not working, it's a bug. We had positive confirmation from people using the testing version that it was working.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    anyway to revert back or download the previous one before the recent update?
  20.    #2680  
    All previous versions of all items that WebOS Internals release can be found at ipkg.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals