Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    verizon pre 2 webos 2.1 meta-doc. Had failure with update of the non overclock version of uber-kernel to 2.1.0-75 upon fixing issue I attempted to reinstall( in case the issue was updating kernel) however installing the uber-kernel onto stock kernel had same exact results. Phone was hung on hp logo after a few minutes of device restarting itself to tux boot. An hour later phone booted and homebrew apps had been removed from my quick launch bar(no data/app loss though) and it was unstable for me to do anything on phone for more then a few minutes. Once again installed recovery kernel
  2.    #2622  
    Are the UberKernel 2.1.0-75 failures only happening on Verizon Pre 2 and Sprint FrankenPre2 devices? I've tested it on GSM Pre 2 and it works fine - perhaps it is device-dependent.

If there is anyone who is getting a failure on a GSM Pre 2, please let me know.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Boot loop!
    I have a Frankenpre2 running on Sprint using an unlocked AT&T device. Resulted in a boot loop. Kept getting to the glowing "HP" then rebooting. Never got it to boot. Didn't really feel like tracking down the problem at 2:30am so I doctored. Sorry about not giving you more Rod. Not being a great Alpha tester here, I was tired. I just know it didn't work for me
  5.    #2625  
    Definitely looks like SmartReflex overclocking on the Pre 2 is not working on all devices, so I'll probably move UberKernel over to VSEL instead.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hi everybody, i've just bought a gsm palm pre and i'm thinking about installing uberkernel on it. What are the best governor settings for a better battery life and a reasonable performance?
  7.    #2627  
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    Dear Rod:

I installed Show Properties and found the following:

DMModel - P101EWW
    DMCARRIER - Verizon
    DMSETS - {"sets":"520","524"}

Paul
    Can you post the md5sum values for the files on your device for which it is complaining about verification?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Question for the experts

hopefully unix can get to it asap, is it just affecting people who are installing it fresh or those updating it too?
    I installed fresh and got the same issue. I wish I knew how to send a log to Rob. Just before the phone would reboot, it said that modem could not be started. I am now doctoring my phone as we speak.
    phone has booted for me both times I installed uber-k on my vzw pre 2. Although this has bootlooped my phone several times, If you are kinda patient it will boot long enough for you to open preware and install recovery kernel.
    I pulled battery and let it sit a while then put battery back in and it booted...then crashed...but round three it worked

If your not patient then a memboot is easy and from my past experience is faster then doctor! Matter of fact ya prolly shouldn't be alpha testing kernels if ya can't memboot
    Last edited by mannyfrehest; 08/10/2011 at 03:09 AM.
  10.    #2630  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    phone has booted for me both times I installed uber-k on my vzw pre 2. Although this has bootlooped my phone several times, If you are kinda patient it will boot long enough for you to open preware and install recovery kernel.
    I pulled battery and let it sit a while then put battery back in and it booted...then crashed...but round three it worked
    Hmm - such behaviour indicates that the overclocking done in that kernel is not stable for that class of devices. Time to take a different approach it seems.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can you post the md5sum values for the files on your device for which it is complaining about verification?

-- Rod
    Sorry, Rod. Could you guide me on how to get the md5sum values for the files that are not verifying correctly?
    I see it's already been reported, but I'm having the same issue w/ a Verizon Pre2 running WebOS 2.1. Upgraded UberKernel and now phone is stuck restarting Luna over and over (with complete reboots thrown in occasionally for good measure). I don't have the luxury of being able to use MetaDoctor at work to memboot the phone, so I just Doctored it back to the stock OS for now so I could use it until I get home tonight and rebuild it all. I'd been looking for an excuse anyway to rebuild it so I can add a new partition and try out Ubuntu. Anyway, if there's any specific info you need from it let me know and I'll get it for you then. Oh, and just so you know - I'm still happy. Joyous even.
    Nick
    complications are bound to occur on the path to advancement. I like experiencing these issues because It will lead to future stability of this kernel! Lets hope pre 2 uber-k lets us go 1.4ghz soon
  14.    #2634  
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    Sorry, Rod. Could you guide me on how to get the md5sum values for the files that are not verifying correctly?
    Use novaterm or WOSQI to access the command line on the device.

Type md5sum and then the filename to run the md5sum program on that file to get the verification hash.

Post the md5sum output for each file.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post

If your not patient then a memboot is easy and from my past experience is faster then doctor! Matter of fact ya prolly shouldn't be alpha testing kernels if ya can't memboot
    first question is how to do a memboot? Second, some of us that do not have the experiences that others do, doesn't mean that we can not learn and help with these type of testing? I have doctored my phone twice this week because of this kernel. It appears to be an issue with the VZW Pre 2. These forums are hard to follow because information is scattered all over the place. I have been reading the wiki, but it is a lot to take in. My hat is off to the internals team
  16.    #2636  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    first question is how to do a memboot?
    Memboot page on our webos-internals wiki.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Use novaterm or WOSQI to access the command line on the device.

Type md5sum and then the filename to run the md5sum program on that file to get the verification hash.

Post the md5sum output for each file.

-- Rod
    Here are the md5sum values:

Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    ms5sum a7e2e534b9cf78ce8130e9cba5e11668

Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    ms5sum 359d83cf267d31b25f2b3867bd6f9bbf

Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    md5sum 44e803e87b3ea971c2877373ec0837f8

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko
    md5sum fbe714e5b3d4ae9f8ab0a5e4707293c5

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    md5sum cb7c4e0e0cd712e65b9261c0dff4ff8c

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    md5sum 6abefe601f54dc25037ce59a1f90f87d

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    md5sum 84260c2d7abc4bbd832525b0a7359c64

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    md5sum 69048c67152215f83fee279e7f2ffbed

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    md5sum 1972846453af94598b4e3248164af00c

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    md5sum 6aa998c0c8d803a33ba5779ee8b3afb4

Verification failed on //lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.kdrivers
    md5sum 45d56053bda82c419e2c500a8a7669f8
    Memboot page on our webos-internals wiki.

-- Rod
    Thank you. I found it after my post. I travel a lot & I can't have the SDK on my work laptop. I use my TouchPad for all of my personal use. Doctoring is not a big deal for me. I just want to learn & help.
  19.    #2639  
    UberKernel/Pre2 2.0.1-76 and UberKernel/Pre2 2.1.0-76 are now in the kernel testing feed. Make sure you have explicitly agreed to the 6 testing feed rules.

1.1GHz with Screenstate-v3

Requires Govnah 1.0.5 from the app testing feed.

-- Rod
    Ok, -76 installed okay on my Verizon Pre 2 with 2.1. When I installed -75 last night, it wouldn't boot and I had to memboot. And I have a pretty good cpu because I was using SR71 at 1.2 for quite a while.Thanks Rob.