Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #2581  
    yes I tried that but now no kernel will install and my wifi is dead. But I will go ahead and doctor my phone and the worst thing is, I will lose all my contacts, great. I'm gonna write then down one by one before I doctor it. Thanks Rod. You are the reason I still have my pre.
  2.    #2582  
    Use the patch which saves your contacts to a file.

    -- Rod
  3. #2583  
    exact same isue here too. Sprint pre, 1.4.5. Have doctored several times even with full erase first. Ran repair utility and told it to overwrite everything it found that was different. Only kernel that will install is the Palm recovery kernel. Exact same errors as listed above. Wifi works ok until any other kernel is tried to install, then wifi won't work any more.
  4. #2584  
    Out of desperation, and not having any testing tool at hand, I removed UberKernel some minutes ago, because I was seeing abnormally high CPU loads. The stock kernel didn't help, but my suspections about Mode Swithcer might: I've uninstalled MS (which I love), and now enjoy loads of 0.5 instead of... 3.5!

    I've also reinstalled UberKernel, but Govnah doesn't "see" it: No temperature indication, no profiles aside from Palm default. What can it be?

    Also, I'm having "too many card" errors at early startup, with a fresh reboot and just by starting Govnah. But the error disappears if I try again some minutes ago.
  5. #2585  
    went to go install uberkernel for TP but getting this below. Suspect disk space low when I metadoctored and installed ubuntu-chroot. Are there any files I can delete to free up space. I have internalzpro installed but where/what I can look forto delete. (32 gb TP = USB shows 20+Gigs free). I mistakenly had installed ubuntu chroot first without mounting the partition - did that leave some files in the main partition?




    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    88 4763k 88 4209k 0 0 571k 0 0:00:08 0:00:07 0:00:01 619k
    100 4763k 100 4763k 0 0 576k 0 0:00:08 0:00:08 --:--:-- 623k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":21, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":21 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Disabling Palm diagnostics reporting ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/common/cpaccess.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/net/ipv4/tcp_bic.ko
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.



    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad
  6.    #2586  
    Yes, installing Ubuntu without mounting /media/ext3fs will fill your root partition and cause all sorts of problems.

    You are lucky that UberKernel has such good error checking in the install script - you should have expected a reboot loop if it did not.

    -- Rod
  7. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #2587  
    Just wondering the following. I'm using the F15C kernel now, just for the cifs support. But since I a bit weary using this kernel I watched Govnah more closely than before. What I noticed with the F15C kernel is that it only shows speed of 1 of the 2 cores. The 2nd core is always 0?

    I don't remember whether this was the case with stock and uberkernel too. Is this still something that needs to be fixed in Govnah? Or does Govnah do show the speed of 2 cores with kernel and uberkernel? If so, cifs support for uberkernel can't come quick enough
  8. #2588  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, installing Ubuntu without mounting /media/ext3fs will fill your root partition and cause all sorts of problems.

    You are lucky that UberKernel has such good error checking in the install script - you should have expected a reboot loop if it did not.

    -- Rod
    thanks rod, where can I go with internalzpro to look for things to remove from the mis-installed ubuntu from the root and free up some disk space
  9.    #2589  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    thanks rod, where can I go with internalzpro to look for things to remove from the mis-installed ubuntu from the root and free up some disk space
    Unmount the /media/ext3fs partition, and then remove any files under /media/ext3fs. Then start again, remembering to mount it this time.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #2590  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Unmount the /media/ext3fs partition, and then remove any files under /media/ext3fs. Then start again, remembering to mount it this time.

    -- Rod
    ok thanks. So unmount, remove any files under /media/ext3fs, and re-metadoctor again to clean install the root right (since the root is all clogged up), then mount first and install xecutah and ubuntu chroot etc.

    otherwise how will i get all the junk out of the root partition?
  11.    #2591  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    ok thanks. So unmount, remove any files under /media/ext3fs, and re-metadoctor again to clean install the root right (since the root is all clogged up), then mount first and install xecutah and ubuntu chroot etc.

    otherwise how will i get all the junk out of the root partition?
    The junk is under /media/ext3fs - once you remove it you should be fine.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #2592  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The junk is under /media/ext3fs - once you remove it you should be fine.

    -- Rod
    thanks rod that worked! Uberkernal now installed.
  13. #2593  
    had the same problem with the loss of wifi. only the palm kernel works. reinstalled the palm kernel override, wifi still will not work. have to webos doctor to get it working again and cannot seem to get any other kernel working anymore.
  14.    #2594  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphonsocino View Post
    had the same problem with the loss of wifi. only the palm kernel works. reinstalled the palm kernel override, wifi still will not work. have to webos doctor to get it working again and cannot seem to get any other kernel working anymore.
    The wifi problems with the reported versions of the kernel have been fixed in the feed. If you have not reinstalled the UberKernel yet with a fresh copy from the feed you should do so.

    If you are reporting about a different kernel version than the one which is fixed, you may like to start your problem report with the most basic piece of information which is what device you have, what version of webOS it is running and what kernel you have installed. I'm not sure how you expect people to read your mind about those things when you are looking for assistance.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #2595  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've reinstalled UberKernel, but Govnah doesn't "see" it: No temperature indication, no profiles aside from Palm default.
    Sorry, my mistake again: I noticed an UberKernel icon in the launcher, which opens an app that simply shows UberKernel's readme. After that, and a reboot, Govnah confirms UberKernel is on command.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  16.    #2596  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Sorry, my mistake again: I noticed an UberKernel icon in the launcher, which opens an app that simply shows UberKernel's readme. After that, and a reboot, Govnah confirms UberKernel is on command.
    Yep, always best to follow the instructions in http://bit.ly/phd-ac precisely.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #2597  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The wifi problems with the reported versions of the kernel have been fixed in the feed. If you have not reinstalled the UberKernel yet with a fresh copy from the feed you should do so.

    If you are reporting about a different kernel version than the one which is fixed, you may like to start your problem report with the most basic piece of information which is what device you have, what version of webOS it is running and what kernel you have installed. I'm not sure how you expect people to read your mind about those things when you are looking for assistance.

    -- Rod
    i was saying i had the same problem. so the details were the same. but i guess i didnt explain how i tried to install uberkernel after the feed was updated and i still had the same issue. i doctored my phone, got the wifi working again, and now i think im going to try to install the thunderchief kernel....which i was having the same no wifi issue with any kernel, including uberkernel. so hopefully ill have some successs now.

    edit: i just went with the F100 super sabre kernel. everything is running fine. no wifi issues or anything like that.
    Last edited by alphonsocino; 08/08/2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: updated information
  18. #2598  
    Hi,

    I've uninstalled F104A today, then installed latest UK 2.1.0-70 for Pre2; both uninstalling & installing went fine.

    After reboot, only the initial logo (penguin with an open Pre) is shown, no response to grey+sym+r nor power+mute keys, so it needs a battery pull. It won't boot at all.

    Novaterm is also unable to find the device.

    I guess I have to doctor it again, haven't I? Any debug information I can provide?

    TIA
  19. #2599  
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    Hi,

    I've uninstalled F104A today, then installed latest UK 2.1.0-70 for Pre2; both uninstalling & installing went fine.

    After reboot, only the initial logo (penguin with an open Pre) is shown, no response to grey+sym+r nor power+mute keys, so it needs a battery pull. It won't boot at all.

    Novaterm is also unable to find the device.

    I guess I have to doctor it again, haven't I? Any debug information I can provide?

    TIA
    I just got my pre2 back from repair and installed uberkernel and the same thing happened to me as well...trip to the doctor i guess.
  20. #2600  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I just got my pre2 back from repair and installed uberkernel and the same thing happened to me as well...trip to the doctor i guess.
    Now doctoring... thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions