Page 123 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #2441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    How do you tend to validate your UK voltage settings?

    Keep going down until your phone RSOD's (Rainbow Screen Of Death). After you get back in, bump it up two notches from where it croaked and you're done. Just hope there's no major file system damage while you're playing...

    Or you can just trust that 'Psycho knows what he's doing and leave it alone.

    The choice is yours.


    M.
  2. #2442  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Do I get a prize now that I seem to have stumped everyone?

    Can you please "install" and let run "Emergency File Verification"? When it's done, you'll get the "IPKG Output" button. Mail the log to yourself and post just the part of things it finds "wrong" here.


    M.
  3. #2443  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Keep going down until your phone RSOD's (Rainbow Screen Of Death). After you get back in, bump it up two notches from where it croaked and you're done. Just hope there's no major file system damage while you're playing...

    Or you can just trust that 'Psycho knows what he's doing and leave it alone.

    The choice is yours.
    I didn't really get a Rainbow Screen of Death but it froze as I moved cards and then went black and rebooted.

    I also don't konw what you mean by 'Psyco knows best... since the defaults are built to be bullet proof not to be tailored to each device. Is there a tuning thread that recommends some voltages that you refer to or are you saying use the UK defaults?

    Further - what do you recommend with respect to system voltage - I have left that alone.
  4.    #2444  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Do I get a prize now that I seem to have stumped everyone?
    Considering I haven't even had time to look at this yet, sending steps for a repeatable test case would be good ...

    -- Rod
  5. #2445  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I didn't really get a Rainbow Screen of Death but it froze as I moved cards and then went black and rebooted.

    I also don't konw what you mean by 'Psyco knows best... since the defaults are built to be bullet proof not to be tailored to each device. Is there a tuning thread that recommends some voltages that you refer to or are you saying use the UK defaults?

    Further - what do you recommend with respect to system voltage - I have left that alone.
    That has been beaten to death. The horse is dead.

    There is no recommended tuning voltages as everyone has their own. No baseline, nothing. Try it for yourself.
    Live free or DIE!
  6. #2446  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Considering I haven't even had time to look at this yet, sending steps for a repeatable test case would be good ...

    -- Rod
    Is there a template for that or do you just want ideas? PM best or thread post?
  7. #2447  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That has been beaten to death. The horse is dead.

    There is no recommended tuning voltages as everyone has their own. No baseline, nothing. Try it for yourself.
    I am trying on my own and happy to do so. My main curiousity is HOW people are testing - what loads, how long, etc. to determine stability.

    Despite being beaten to death - it's harder to find than you might think. Searching so far hasn't been very successful. (Clarification: It's hard to find anything about voltages maybe because it is often shared as "I can get my phone to do x" as opposed to this is how I verified my phone works at these voltages and here's what my battery life is with and without this tweak and here is what I have seen in terms of responsiveness vs. stock voltages etc. The search facility in Vbulletin doesn't help - it's pretty rudimentary.)
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 04/08/2011 at 05:29 PM.
  8. #2448  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Can you please "install" and let run "Emergency File Verification"? When it's done, you'll get the "IPKG Output" button. Mail the log to yourself and post just the part of things it finds "wrong" here.
    At this point? Or when I have Palm Kernel installed? Remember that at this point I'm back to UK and working and swap is enabled again. Only with Recovery Kernel did the problem exist.

    With UK:
    Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    66 8394 66 5548 0 0 7105 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 24440
    101 8394 101 8394 0 0 10684 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 36181
    identify
    org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 04/07/2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Updated with IPKG log
  9.    #2449  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is there a template for that or do you just want ideas? PM best or thread post?
    Starting with a working stock kernel device, what are the precise repeatable steps to cause the failure. Post after you have repeated it three times.

    -- Rod
  10. #2450  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Starting with a working stock kernel device, what are the precise repeatable steps to cause the failure. Post after you have repeated it three times.

    -- Rod
    Since I don't have a working device (with stock kernel) I'm guessing that means a trip to the doctor - and I'm not sure if that's in my future or not given that UK works and I don't have a spare device to play with. I'll look for a spare device locally from a friend and see if I can tinker with this.
  11. #2451  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Starting with a working stock kernel device, what are the precise repeatable steps to cause the failure. Post after you have repeated it three times.

    -- Rod
    I believe i have this repeatable. Here is my setup, and actions:
    VZW Pre+ with 2.1, Govnah 7.24, UK-18, i'm using a pretty standard profile that has compcache enabled by default.
    - Reboot phone
    - open SDL Terminal and type "free -m", it displays Swap: 0 0 0
    - type "swapon -s", it displays nothing, same as Unclevanya from post 2436
    - In Govnah disable the compressed swap (set to 0)
    - "free -m" reports Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" reports 106488 0 0 partition is /dev/mapper/store-swap
    - in Govnah enable compressed swap (set to 1)
    - "free -m" Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" reports 106488 0 0 partition is /dev/ramzswap0

    Next i installed the "palm kernel (Pre/Pre+) from preware, and rebooted.
    - Launched Govnah and verified that the "palm" kernel is in use
    - "free -m" shows Swap: 0 0 0, "swapon -s" shows nothing
    - Disable swap in Govnah
    - "free -m" shows Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" shows 106488 0 0 with partition /dev/mapper/store-swap
    - Enable swap in Govnah
    - "free -m" Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" shows 106488 0 0 partition /dev/ramzswap0

    I ran Emergency File Verification and got this:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    14 8394 14 1204 0 0 1530 0 0:00:05 --:--:-- 0:00:05 4209
    100 8394 100 8394 0 0 6840 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 11546
    identify
    org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scroll-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scroll-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/palm-group-search.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher-scrim-with-shadow.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/scroll-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/scroll-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/images/system-menu-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/images/system-menu-fade-top-solid.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/images/system-menu-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/images/system-menu-fade-bottom-solid.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/images/system-menu-background.png
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I think this may be from the Glass Effect Suite that i have installed as a theme...?

    I'm happy to get more info, if it is helpful. Just let me know what to do.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/08/2011 at 01:52 PM.
  12. #2452  
    paradoxically, but with a disabled swap (swapoff -a) pre- works even better. free ram is at 200-220mb, no problems, if not try to run multiple intense applications like games at the same time =)
    Sorry for my English =)
  13. #2453  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamil View Post
    paradoxically, but with a disabled swap (swapoff -a) pre- works even better. free ram is at 200-220mb, no problems, if not try to run multiple intense applications like games at the same time =)
    Any device/PC running with no swap will run much better as there is no extended VM translations that need to be done. But you better make sure you have free RAM to get away with that.
    Live free or DIE!
  14.    #2454  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I believe i have this repeatable. Here is my setup, and actions:
    VZW Pre+ with 2.1, Govnah 7.24, UK-18, i'm using a pretty standard profile that has compcache enabled by default.
    - Reboot phone
    - open SDL Terminal and type "free -m", it displays Swap: 0 0 0
    - type "swapon -s", it displays nothing, same as Unclevanya from post 2436
    - In Govnah disable the compressed swap (set to 0)
    - "free -m" reports Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" reports 106488 0 0 partition is /dev/mapper/store-swap
    - in Govnah enable compressed swap (set to 1)
    - "free -m" Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" reports 106488 0 0 partition is /dev/ramzswap0

    Next i installed the "palm kernel (Pre/Pre+) from preware, and rebooted.
    - Launched Govnah and verified that the "palm" kernel is in use
    - "free -m" shows Swap: 0 0 0, "swapon -s" shows nothing
    - Disable swap in Govnah
    - "free -m" shows Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" shows 106488 0 0 with partition /dev/mapper/store-swap
    - Enable swap in Govnah
    - "free -m" Swap: 103 0 103, "swapon -s" shows 106488 0 0 partition /dev/ramzswap0

    I ran Emergency File Verification and got this:

    I think this may be from the Glass Effect Suite that i have installed as a theme...?

    I'm happy to get more info, if it is helpful. Just let me know what to do.
    Please go into Govnah, disable your profile from the top menu, and reboot. Does the stock swap space reappear?

    -- Rod
  15. #2455  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please go into Govnah, disable your profile from the top menu, and reboot. Does the stock swap space reappear?

    -- Rod
    Yes indeed. That did it. Thanks! After reboot free -m says 103 0 103 and swapon -s says 106488 0 100 with partition /dev/ramzswap0

    Was going to ask for an explanation of that feature, but found this: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2814943.

    If i experience this problem again i'll be sure to note the steps i took to cause it and report them. Either here, or in the Govnah thread, whichever seems more appropriate.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/08/2011 at 06:42 PM.
  16. #2456  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Go back to 1.4.5, or learn to enjoy rebooting your phone fairly often.
    reboot, reboot, reboot... no, it's Windows way better method: check occupancy rate of the swap when device go to sleep (to avoid problems when pre in use) and clean it if it reach limit (for example, 70Mb). yes, it's a kludge but works well =)
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    limit=71680 #70Mb
    
    tail -f /var/log/messages \
      | awk '/screenstate: lcd off/ { print; fflush() }' \
      | while read; do
    	swap_used_space="$(swapon -s | grep store-swap | awk '{ print $4 }')"
    	if [ "$swap_used_space" -gt "$limit" ]
    	then
    		#echo "$swap_used_space is bigger than $limit"
    		swapoff -a && swapon -p 1 /dev/mapper/store-swap
    	fi
      done
    Last edited by Xamil; 04/11/2011 at 06:13 AM. Reason: script update
    Sorry for my English =)
  17. #2457  
    just a quick question. are people on uberkernel experiencing the media indexer issue where after you take a pic you cant see it unless you use internalz? i dont see much mention of it in this thread.
    thanks
  18. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #2458  
    Yes, but also seeing it on F105 and F104A.
  19. #2459  
    yeah thats what i thought. i have f104 now. what a terrible bug.
  20. #2460  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    yeah thats what i thought. i have f104 now. what a terrible bug.
    Yep, its pretty bad.. sometimes takes me 3-4 reboots before it starts working correctly again..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions