Page 120 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #2381  
    So ive been trying to find the source of my bad battery usage since upgrading my verizon pre+ to 2.1.0. So i set it at the 1000/500 screenstate, and just turned it off to let the graphs in govnah collect some data. When I shut the screen off it drops back down to 500mhz like it should, be slowly after some time it creeps back up to 1ghz. Its a straight line up to it too, it has no little jumps, just slowly builds back up. This would explain why my battery drain is normal after 10 minutes and then its bad after say 1 hour when im not using it. I have it set at the fixed 600mhz speed and everything is normal as far as battery drain goes. Ill try the other screenstate settings to see if they are similar, but as of right now the 1000/500 for me isnt working.
  2.    #2382  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidoreilly View Post
    So ive been trying to find the source of my bad battery usage since upgrading my verizon pre+ to 2.1.0. So i set it at the 1000/500 screenstate, and just turned it off to let the graphs in govnah collect some data. When I shut the screen off it drops back down to 500mhz like it should, be slowly after some time it creeps back up to 1ghz. Its a straight line up to it too, it has no little jumps, just slowly builds back up. This would explain why my battery drain is normal after 10 minutes and then its bad after say 1 hour when im not using it. I have it set at the fixed 600mhz speed and everything is normal as far as battery drain goes. Ill try the other screenstate settings to see if they are similar, but as of right now the 1000/500 for me isnt working.
    Data is not gathered while the screen is off. You are seeing Govnah simply draw a straight line between the two end points which is the only data it has during that period.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #2383  
    3 uberkernel experiences. (didn't catch the build date but all installed 3/19 from latest preware update).

    #1 sprint-pre-plus runs webos2.1 really well as-is (uberkernal didn't add much I thought). either way is fine.

    #2 pre minus is another story....uberkernel made it WORSE (at least for me: frequent lockups and slowdowns Screenstate 500/1000, 500/800, esp. camera app unusable/unsavable pics). remove and go back to palm kernel = stability/usable again

    #3 pre-minus + uberkernel = either way is fine.

    =========

    So I've removed it on all 3 for now. Will await newer builds and see. (#2 pre minus became unusable). On all 3 I'm doing the compcache fix only that is in the WebOS 2.1 upgrade wiki = that seems to help the most. (Unable to save compcache changes and enable compressed swap w/Uberkernel = kept getting error messages)
  4. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #2384  
    Is there any reason why my compcache memlimit doesn't seem to stick? I've put Manual Entry mode on and typed 32000 in the Compcache Memlimit field in Govnah. Every time I Apply Settings then go back into the Compressed Swap section, the memlimit value is 10240 again...
  5. #2385  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Is there any reason why my compcache memlimit doesn't seem to stick? I've put Manual Entry mode on and typed 32000 in the Compcache Memlimit field in Govnah. Every time I Apply Settings then go back into the Compressed Swap section, the memlimit value is 10240 again...

    Yes. It's "hard coded" in the OS's startup files since Palm/HP integrated 'Psycho's work into webOS. It's not freely/easily adjustable like it used to be (yet).

    The answer is in the 2.1 Upgrade Wiki, though.

    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals


    M.
  6. #2386  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I'm running the latest Uber-Kernel with 2.1 on a Sprint Pre. Everything seems to work fine with 1 exception: the camera won't save pictures.

    Sometimes I get the following error shown in the attachment below, sometimes no error message at all. If I get no error message, the little preview icon of the last picture taken shows me the picture I just snapped, but if you click it to open, it won't actually open. If you open the Photos app from the launcher, the new snapshots are not there. Confirming in USB mode, the pictures are not getting saved.

    If I uninstall the kernel, no problem with the camera other than it's a little slow. Re-install Uber-Kernel through Preware, same problem.

    I've tried Uber-Kernel running Palm Default and Screenstate 500/1000, both with compcache enabled and disabled - no difference whatsoever.

    Any ideas on how to fix it or something I should look at? And is this a known issue? I noticed that 18 was supposed to fix camera issues but I haven't noticed anyone complaining about any issues post 18.


    I have the same problems, and it's not the Geotagging because it was OFF, I switch it to ON and try same problem, switch back to OFF and the problem was again there.

    Is this the naming PRE patch??

    The photo are in the media/internal/DCIM/100PALM but not showing in the Photo apps!!

    Very buggy

    Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

    HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7


    PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
  7. #2387  
    I'm suffering random shutdowns after a couple of days, and it's always when I'm not looking, because the phone is doing exactly nothing. I'm on UberKernel 2.1.0-18 on my GSM original Pre, currently with ScreenState 500/1000 (500/800 before, same symptoms).

    Anyone else?
  8. #2388  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Data is not gathered while the screen is off. You are seeing Govnah simply draw a straight line between the two end points which is the only data it has during that period.

    -- Rod
    Rod - I wasn't sure if this or the Govnah thread was the better place for my question. I posted to Govnah but the second part is really more about understanding how to verify the kernel behavior without Govnah. http://forums.precentral.net/2916910-post1476.html
  9. #2389  
    Ive been using the UK for my sprint pre for quite sometime and its just a great thing!

    My old man just got a verizon pre 2. Hes getting the tmc error and sometimes when someone calls, the caller id is blank, just a blank screen. A reset will fix this but the problem still comes back. I was thinking if I overclocked my old mans pre 2, this would solve the problem? So is uberkernel available for the pre2?
  10. #2390  
    @rwhitby: Profile has 3 fields: Min Freq, Max Freq and Setspeed Freq. I don't know what "Setspeed Freq" mean.
  11. #2391  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I'm suffering random shutdowns after a couple of days, and it's always when I'm not looking, because the phone is doing exactly nothing. I'm on UberKernel 2.1.0-18 on my GSM original Pre, currently with ScreenState 500/1000 (500/800 before, same symptoms).

    Anyone else?
    I've got the same problem with uberkernel on 1.4.5 that's why I am scared to flash 2.1 Does anyone know how to solve this issue?Thanks!
  12. #2392  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydigitalbg View Post
    I've got the same problem with uberkernel on 1.4.5 that's why I am scared to flash 2.1 Does anyone know how to solve this issue?Thanks!

    And no one's gotten a kernel dump log to 'Psycho?

    Read Rod's reply on how:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2708116-post1814.html

    If no one gets the dump info to 'Psycho (post attachment here), he can never know what to fix (if there is indeed a problem with the kernel), so it'll always be broke.


    M.
  13. #2393  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    And no one's gotten a kernel dump log to 'Psycho?

    Read Rod's reply on how:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2708116-post1814.html

    If no one gets the dump info to 'Psycho (post attachment here), he can never know what to fix (if there is indeed a problem with the kernel), so it'll always be broke.


    M.
    And of course the usual tidbits of the Govnah profile.

    I get lots of "...it doesnt work..." screaming and complaining, but it's like pulling teeth to get the exact config from a user.
    Live free or DIE!
  14. conum's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #2394  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    nice to read rod's reply and not to know how to "use novacom get file://klog to get the kernel log of the crash."
    ??
    i know quickinstall uses novacomm, but then?
  15. #2395  
    Shouldn't we have a separate thread for ‹berkernel pre-/+ 1.4x, pre-/+ 2.1, and pre2 2.1?
  16. #2396  
    Howdy all. Searched awhile and didn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for your time.

    So I don't know why my experience is so different from others' but long story short: I've gone through several devices that run waaaaaay better with compcache disabled, including my current 2.1 Sprint Pre Plus. Just to test, I followed the instructions on the legacy update 2.1 wiki to increase to 32mb, and that stuck/worked just fine, but I experienced the same crippling lag on my current device that I have on previous units.

    So my question:

    Is it safe/would it permanently disable compcache if I followed the webOS 2 upgrade wiki's instructions for "Increase compcache size, Permanent Method" but instead set the value to 0?

    My intuition says yes but that's proved wrong so many times I thought I had better ask someone.

    Thanks again.
  17. #2397  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Howdy all. Searched awhile and didn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for your time.

    So I don't know why my experience is so different from others' but long story short: I've gone through several devices that run waaaaaay better with compcache disabled, including my current 2.1 Sprint Pre Plus. Just to test, I followed the instructions on the legacy update 2.1 wiki to increase to 32mb, and that stuck/worked just fine, but I experienced the same crippling lag on my current device that I have on previous units.

    So my question:

    Is it safe/would it permanently disable compcache if I followed the webOS 2 upgrade wiki's instructions for "Increase compcache size, Permanent Method" but instead set the value to 0?

    My intuition says yes but that's proved wrong so many times I though I had better ask someone.

    Thanks again.

    All that thinking and missed the most obvious answer...

    Move the script out of /etc/event.d so it can't even start...


    M.
  18. #2398  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    All that thinking and missed the most obvious answer...

    Move the script out of /etc/event.d so it can't even start...


    M.
    Ha! Thinking and typing. So just the file named "compcache" then? Just throw it any ol' place?
  19. #2399  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Ha! Thinking and typing. So just the file named "compcache" then? Just throw it any ol' place?
    # mount -oremount,rw /
    # stop compcache
    # mkdir /etc/disabled
    # mv /etc/event.d/compcache /etc/disabled
    # mount -oremount,ro /
    # reboot


    M.
  20.    #2400  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Howdy all. Searched awhile and didn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for your time.

    So I don't know why my experience is so different from others' but long story short: I've gone through several devices that run waaaaaay better with compcache disabled, including my current 2.1 Sprint Pre Plus. Just to test, I followed the instructions on the legacy update 2.1 wiki to increase to 32mb, and that stuck/worked just fine, but I experienced the same crippling lag on my current device that I have on previous units.
    What governor are you running, and what is your normal workload?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions