Page 119 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having an issue with profiles not sticking on reboot? I saved and applied different profiles. Seems like it shows Unknown, but really is UK default
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Also, is there a way to track battery current while the screen is off?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    Yes, I'm still on 1.4.5. Do I need to upgrade using the doctor first before using this? I was thinking this would take care of the 2.1 upgrade from 1.4.5 for me -but must be mistaken.

Thanks a ton!
    I thought the same thing. When I saw the article in the main page of Precentral I got excited because I thought they created an easy way of updating the original Pre to 2.0. Now I just realized that you still need to be tech savvy to get it done. Oh well, it looks like it's the waiting game for me then haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titano View Post
    I thought the same thing. When I saw the article in the main page of Precentral I got excited because I thought they created an easy way of updating the original Pre to 2.0. Now I just realized that you still need to be tech savvy to get it done. Oh well, it looks like it's the waiting game for me then haha.
    Actually, if you are capable of carefully and fully following instructions, you should be okay. There's plenty of help available to those who can and do. The worst that can happen is that you have to Doctor back to 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Question... I have a extra Pre - that the screen cracked which disabled the touchscreen and even the gesture area but Im still able to get to things through the keyboard..

I was thinking of trying it out with that phone before I try it out on my current Pre -. Will it still be possible to do it even if the phone is not activated as well???
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    I'm running the latest Uber-Kernel with 2.1 on a Sprint Pre. Everything seems to work fine with 1 exception: the camera won't save pictures.

Sometimes I get the following error shown in the attachment below, sometimes no error message at all. If I get no error message, the little preview icon of the last picture taken shows me the picture I just snapped, but if you click it to open, it won't actually open. If you open the Photos app from the launcher, the new snapshots are not there. Confirming in USB mode, the pictures are not getting saved.

If I uninstall the kernel, no problem with the camera other than it's a little slow. Re-install Uber-Kernel through Preware, same problem.

I've tried Uber-Kernel running Palm Default and Screenstate 500/1000, both with compcache enabled and disabled - no difference whatsoever.

Any ideas on how to fix it or something I should look at? And is this a known issue? I noticed that 18 was supposed to fix camera issues but I haven't noticed anyone complaining about any issues post 18.
    I'm getting a LOT of similar problems too, to the point where the camera's just about unusable. It takes forever to take the picture also, particularly the first time after opening the app. For me though, the app DOES save the picture, but it doesn't show up until after rebooting the phone strangely enough.
    I haven't had the "Unable to take picture," dialog as much since I changed to screenstate 500/800 from 500/1000, but I'm definitely still getting extreme lag in the camera app and the app at least appearing to not save pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    They don't have any Australian staff at Palm ...

-- Rod
    HP has lots of developers in OZ. All the currently open Palm job listings point to Sunnyvale though.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I'm getting a LOT of similar problems too, to the point where the camera's just about unusable. It takes forever to take the picture also, particularly the first time after opening the app. For me though, the app DOES save the picture, but it doesn't show up until after rebooting the phone strangely enough.
    I haven't had the "Unable to take picture," dialog as much since I changed to screenstate 500/800 from 500/1000, but I'm definitely still getting extreme lag in the camera app and the app at least appearing to not save pictures.
    Thanks for confirming I'm not so special. Hopefully someone else will chime in that can help. I'd be happy to post logs or anything else that would be useful in determining the source of the trouble.

My kids are clamoring for me to update their Pre's too but teenagers can't be without a camera!
    Well I'll be dipped... all of a sudden today my camera's working fine.

I saw the article about camera geo-tagging on the main Precentral.net page and it occurred to me that it might be this causing the trouble and I disabled it. Sure enough I was able to take my first pictures with UK installed. I decided to do a little more testing before I posted and then discovered if I turn it back on, the camera app still works fine. I've done all sorts of things trying to reproduce the problem that for the last few days I couldn't avoid, but to no avail.

The only thing I can say for sure is that I had not yet used a GPS app since upgrading to 2.1 when I was having trouble with the camera, and I did have geo-tagging enabled and I was even indoors when I tried to take the pictures. Last night I used Nav for the first time and so perhaps when I was having trouble the GPS wasn't initialized?!? I don't know.

I'll see if I can reproduce the trouble when I upgrade my daughter's phones this weekend and if I can, I'll post back.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Well I'll be dipped... all of a sudden today my camera's working fine.

I saw the article about camera geo-tagging on the main Precentral.net page and it occurred to me that it might be this causing the trouble and I disabled it. Sure enough I was able to take my first pictures with UK installed. I decided to do a little more testing before I posted and then discovered if I turn it back on, the camera app still works fine. I've done all sorts of things trying to reproduce the problem that for the last few days I couldn't avoid, but to no avail.

The only thing I can say for sure is that I had not yet used a GPS app since upgrading to 2.1 when I was having trouble with the camera, and I did have geo-tagging enabled and I was even indoors when I tried to take the pictures. Last night I used Nav for the first time and so perhaps when I was having trouble the GPS wasn't initialized?!? I don't know.

I'll see if I can reproduce the trouble when I upgrade my daughter's phones this weekend and if I can, I'll post back.
    I've had geotagging disabled ever since updating to 2.1 on my Pre, so I doubt that's the problem. I'd have thought your problems will come back again at some point. Yesterday my phone was taking pictures fine and showing them in the Photos app but today when I tried to take a picture, it looked like it had taken (eventually) but the pictures wouldn't show up in the Photos app until after rebooting.
    From my experience, it's pretty hit and miss. Sometimes it works alright, other times not.
    anyone else their Pre's are stuttering with webOS 2.0? Like sudden bursts of speed after lags...
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    anyone else their Pre's are stuttering with webOS 2.0? Like sudden bursts of speed after lags...
    Interesting that you mention that.

I am on a Sprint Pre with 2.1.0 and running either UK or F105 in screenstate. Today alone I had to pull the battery 5 times because the phone was being unresponsive after 20 minutes. After the 5th time I figured what was going on - I had my Twitter client (Bad Kitty) running in the background for notification purposes. It locked up my phone that no calls were getting through, the screen would turn on slowly (too fast for me to unlock to go to the launcher, so it'd go back to sleep.)

I'd pull the battery and it'd start up fine, until it was time for Bad Kitty to check again. I was able to disable the notification feature and now the phone is responsive again.

Has anyone encountered that?
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    I had this while running UK with 500/800 screenstate on a Pre+ with like 20 cards open (some PDK, but mostly SDK). My guess was that this is related to the Compcache being written to/read from. What does Govnah say is your compcache memory usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Also, is there a way to track battery current while the screen is off?

Battery Monitor still works fine in webOS 2.1 just as it did in 1.4.5.

M.
    Do you still offer support for webOS 1.4.5 or stopped to do so?
    I got some abnormal behaviour (re uberkernel) and I was hoping to be able to discuss/report this further...
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 03/18/2011 at 09:21 AM.
  16.    #2376  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Do you still offer support for webOS 1.4.5 or stopped to do so?
    I got some abnormal behaviour (re uberkernel) and I was hoping to be able to discuss/report this further...
    Feel free to discuss it. I'm sure the community will respond.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Battery Monitor still works fine in webOS 2.1 just as it did in 1.4.5.

M.
    Yes, but I can't track the current when the screen is off. A running graph is what I'm looking for.

This is the wrong thread for this convo though
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who's profiles are not sticking on reboot?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I experienced the camera issue (pictures won't save) also, but a 'quick' restart fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Am I the only one who's profiles are not sticking on reboot?
    Works fine for me. I'm using UK 2.1.0-18 with Govnah 0.7.24 on a VZW Pre+ with 2.1

Have you tried removing both UK and Govnah and re-installing?