Page 118 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    THIS is a kernAl ;-)

Perhaps arinaldi also started in computers in 1980...
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    The name is "UberKernEl". and it's a KernEl.
    Thanks, becuase that is helpful for my problem. /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by arinaldi View Post
    What is the correct feed for Uberkernal on a WebOS 2.1 on a Sprint palm pre. I can not see the new kernal on my device either, but I cannot find the feed listed anywhere. Thanks!
    It should be in the feed "WebOS Kernels".
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    It should be in the feed "WebOS Kernels".
    This is what I have for feeds and what I get when I search uber.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks, becuase that is helpful for my problem. /sarcasm
    Is the webos-kernEls feed turned on in your feeds?
    Oh, guess it is. What version of WebOS are you showing under Device Info? I bet it is 1.4.5, not 2.1. And if so, you need to go back to the WebOS 2.1 Upgrade wiki and fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Oh, guess it is. What version of WebOS are you showing under Device Info? I bet it is 1.4.5, not 2.1. And if so, you need to go back to the WebOS 2.1 Upgrade wiki and fix it.
    Yes it does. Good thinking. I will hit up the wiki later. Thanks!
    I followed the wiki pretty thoughly and I have webos 2.1 features, but I do not see where it says how to modify what version the device states it is running. Any ideas?

From what I am reading it should be reading 2.1 on device info after the doctor. Was that a recent change or was my patch just wrong from the beginning?
    Last edited by arinaldi; 03/15/2011 at 09:01 AM.
  9.    #2349  
    I followed the wiki pretty thoughly and I have webos 2.1 features, but I do not see where it says how to modify what version the device states it is running. Any ideas?

From what I am reading it should be reading 2.1 on device info after the doctor. Was that a recent change or was my patch just wrong from the beginning?
    It was only recently that we determined how to get 2.1.0 to appear in the palm profile, and only for sprint and verizon and wr devices.

For others, the scripts auto-masq, so you get 2.1.0 on the device and 1.4.5 in the palm profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am experiencing a slight stutter in Music Player Remix, and the built in Music Player while using a screenstate 500/800 profile. This is on a VZW Pre+ with 2.1 from a script pulled and run on 3/11/11. With the profile set to "Palm Default" both music applications play correctly.

the stutter is pretty subtle, it is a slight delay in the audio, and typically only occurs once per song, or thereabouts.

I found one report of this issue on a Pre2, but i'm not sure if that is relevant or not because of the different kernels. (http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2908868)

I'm glad to help chase this issue, but i'm not sure the best way to do that so please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Edit: just for clarification, this is UK 2.1.0-18, and Govnah 0.7.24. I'm using the built in Screenstate 500/800 when this happens.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 03/15/2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Added more info.
    have u try to disable compcache?
    my vz pre+ sometime stutter too in music player
    but after I disable the compcache the problem fixed
    used screenstate 500/800 too

I know its weird but when using palm default profile anf compcache enable ,the music play just fine.
    have u try to disable compcache?
    my vz pre+ sometime stutter too in music player
    but after I disable the compcache the problem fixed
    used screenstate 500/800 too

I know its weird but when using palm default profile anf compcache enable ,the music play just fine.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Installed the UberKernel on my Pre Plus running WebOS 2.1 a few days ago, and it works absolutely great!

Im running ScreenState 500/800, and haven't had any problems whatsoever... The phone ran pretty smoothly on WebOS 2.1 before, but with the UberKernel apps simply open so much faster, and expecially flash performance has changed dramatically, from barely useable to almost perfect... Very recommendable! Great work! Donation incoming!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've noticed that UberKernel+Govnah do not overclock, if the phone had crashed before: You have to select again a higher speed. Nice feature (red about it here), but it could be better if there was some message about it.

And also, my Pre- won't run over 500 Mhz while charging. Is this normal too? Is it because temperature could get too high?
    The CPU clock frequency is 500MHz whilst charging to help maintain a lower temperature.
    Yes, I'm still on 1.4.5. Do I need to upgrade using the doctor first before using this? I was thinking this would take care of the 2.1 upgrade from 1.4.5 for me -but must be mistaken.

Thanks a ton!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The CPU clock frequency is 500MHz whilst charging to help maintain a lower temperature.
    Aha, I suspected that, makes sense. By the way, yesterday I had my third unexplainable shutdown: The phone was doing exactly nothing for almost an hour, and when I picked it up, it was off. Turned it on again and it worked perfectly.

Govnah had gone from my favourite "ScreenState 500/800" profile to "UberKernel default". Its version is "v0.7.25 UberKernel-18". Has anyone suffered this random shoutdowns on a webOS 2.1 Pre-? This didin't happen back on webOS 1.4.5. I'd also love some kind of crash log, but perhaps its impossible in this case.

By the way John, I'm shocked at you having the exactly same phone as me, but living 20000 km away...
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    as mentioned some posts (#2321) above (but not commented by someone else), i have the same issue: randomly shutoffs with screenstate 500/800.
    i try to circumvent this by choosing "uberkernel default" before going to sleep, but sometimes i didn't and my pre shuts off without a touch.
    :-(
    in another forum i read something about "undervolting" but i don't know which settings to change.
    Last edited by conum; 03/16/2011 at 04:54 AM.
    Got following problem:
    I put the pre in sleep at night with full battery, the next day the battery is completly empty. This happens randomly.
    Something is consuming really much power...
    Any ideas?

Palm Pre- with Ueberkernel v2.1.0-18
    Govnah settings:
    Screenstate 500/1000
    Compcache active 10240
    I/O CFQ
    TCP CUBIC

EDIT: 'in sleep' means to push the powerbutton, so the screen is off
    Last edited by n1ce; 03/17/2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ce View Post
    Got following problem:
    I put the pre in sleep at night with full battery, the next day the battery is completly empty. This happens randomly.
    Something is consuming really much power...
    Any ideas?

Palm Pre- with Ueberkernel v2.1.0-18
    Govnah settings:
    Screenstate 500/1000
    Compcache active 10240
    I/O CFQ
    TCP CUBIC

What does "in sleep" mean to you?

M.
    I'm running the latest Uber-Kernel with 2.1 on a Sprint Pre. Everything seems to work fine with 1 exception: the camera won't save pictures.

Sometimes I get the following error shown in the attachment below, sometimes no error message at all. If I get no error message, the little preview icon of the last picture taken shows me the picture I just snapped, but if you click it to open, it won't actually open. If you open the Photos app from the launcher, the new snapshots are not there. Confirming in USB mode, the pictures are not getting saved.

If I uninstall the kernel, no problem with the camera other than it's a little slow. Re-install Uber-Kernel through Preware, same problem.

I've tried Uber-Kernel running Palm Default and Screenstate 500/1000, both with compcache enabled and disabled - no difference whatsoever.

Any ideas on how to fix it or something I should look at? And is this a known issue? I noticed that 18 was supposed to fix camera issues but I haven't noticed anyone complaining about any issues post 18.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ALuckyGuy; 03/16/2011 at 01:57 PM.