Page 116 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Okay, I think I'll wait till Preware or webos-blog.de write a report about Uberkernel in public feed.
    I just don't want to have to redoctor my Pre if installation faile...
    It is in the public feed now. I updated from the place holder last night. Working great on my Pre Plus.
    Has anybody a old Pre with webOS 2.1?
    Does it work on it?
    Last edited by franzmueller; 03/09/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I am having a problem where when I setup a Govnah profile with UK kernel it doesn't seem to want to go below 500mhz. If I restart my device it will work for a while at below 500mhz - but after a while if I set it for below 500mhz even using userspace or fixed performance or powersave governors I cannot get it to downshift.
    To clarify the problem wasn't reliable stable use of the device at the low speeds - it was an inability to get the device to step down to these speeds at all - it just refused to even try.

However - this problem has not returned since the last reboot. I am able to reliably get Govnah/UK downshift to 250mhz or even 125mhz even after a day of playing with various profiles. The past problem - unable to shift below 500mhz - has not come back.

I don't know what to look for in the logs but if anyone has suggestions or wants me to look I am game. If this doesn't reoccur I'm not going to worry too much about it. Something was goofy and it isn't anymore.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    edit: wrong thread srry
    How soon, if at all that is, can we expect an 'Uberkernel' for the Pre 2 with webOS 2.1.0?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #2307  
    UberKernel 2.1.0 for the Pre-/Pre+ has been released to the public feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by franzmueller View Post
    Does it work on it?
    I do. German O2 Pre Minus. Works great
    Does it work on it?
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Max
    Sorry for posting F105 issue in UK thread..

Had UK. uninstalled it and installed F105 ( lured by 1.2 GHZ )

After the prompt for phone restart , I pressed Ok ..

Then while booting saw HP logo in green( first time i am seeing this) , then it just stays there.

The HP logo stays there. I guess it is rebooting again and again..

Any expert advice is really appreciated..

- O2 UK palm pre plus webos 2.1.0 -
  11.    #2311  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkarra View Post

Then while booting saw HP logo in green( first time i am seeing this) , then it just stays there.

The advice is to use UberKernel if you are not prepared for the recovery options required when using experimental kernels. Those recovery options are usually listed in the first post of the specific threads for those experimental kernels (where your post should have been).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkarra View Post

Double posting in 2 threads is frowned upon. And not reading the disclaimer on the package is another frown. AND not knowing which package actually does 1.2GHz!

Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel 2.1.0 for the Pre-/Pre+ has been released to the public feed.

-- Rod
    How soon, if at all that is, can we expect an 'UberKernel' 2.1.0 for the Pre 2?

14.    #2314  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    How soon, if at all that is, can we expect an 'UberKernel' 2.1.0 for the Pre 2?
    There is one in the testing feed right now.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is one in the testing feed right now.

-- Rod
    Thanks, I see it now. Could have sworn it wasn't there a few hrs ago.

Just a reports, maybe not worth reading:

After meta doctoring Pre- to 2.1 today I installed ÜberKernel with Preware. Package was installed but during installation Pre rebooted. It came up with original kernel (gov had no screenstate but only 500-600MHz). I removed the ÜberKernel package via Preware and it requested for a reboot. I did that.

Then again using Preware to install ÜberKernel. This time it requested for a reboot and now Pre is up and running new kernel!
    Does it work on it?
    See signature. Works well.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i installed uberkernel v18 on a pre - upgraded to webos 2.1 -, running screenstate 500/800 and i thought, it works well. no glitches, smooth scrolling ...
    but now, on the second day in this configuration i have the same issue that i had with uk screenstate 500/800 on my old webos 1.4.5: after putting pre aside, screen is dark it is shutting off without a touch. i have to start new with pressing the on/off-button long.
    what to do?
    I have a question. How the heck did Rod fix the "Too Many Card" error when Palm hasn't been able to fix the problem with any of their WebOS updates? I have been playing games on my phone for the past few hours and have not had to reset my phone once. Before I installed the Uber Overclocking patch I would have to reset my phone constantly when playing games, or the games would stop working and then not load again. I would just keep getting the Too Many Card Error message. So how can Palm seem unable to fix this problem, but an outside developer did? I don't honestly understand why Palm would be against this patch when it fixes the most annoying problem with the WebOS.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

20.    #2320  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I have a question. How the heck did Rod fix the "Too Many Card" error when Palm hasn't been able to fix the problem with any of their WebOS updates?
    They don't have any Australian staff at Palm ...

-- Rod