Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    confirm UK v18 on SS 1000/500 works flawless with camera and everything on my o2 pre 2.1.0.. will try this for a couple more days
    Pardon me if i am in the wrong thread but i just wanted to know if govnah has been updated to display CPU temperature at the launcher icon. i cannot see the temperature when govnah is not active. also wanted to know if govnah still keeps a tab on CPU temperature when not active.
    latest uber kernel does indeed fix the camera issue ... it is working. however as soon as you click the photo it shows an orange image. however the photo gets saved in the gallary and you can view it from there...
    First I don't know if what I am seeing is:

a) Normal?
    b) Govnah or UK related
    c) something anyone cares about since it is a 1.4.5 device...

I am having a problem where when I setup a Govnah profile with UK kernel it doesn't seem to want to go below 500mhz. If I restart my device it will work for a while at below 500mhz - but after a while if I set it for below 500mhz even using userspace or fixed performance or powersave governors I cannot get it to downshift.

A fresh restart of the device always seems to work. I'm at a loss as to what else to provide in terms of information at this point. I will be happy to test things or provide more info on settings if these are needed. Since it seems consistent across a number of Govnah profiles and multiple governors - I thought I would start by asking here in the UK kernel thread since that's the one common denominator. Prior to installed UK I never saw this problem using either userspace or ondemand governors... but admittedly I have been doing much more playing with this with UK than I did before.
  5.    #2285  
    Frequencies below 500 don't work on a significant percentage of devices.

It's the hardware, not the software.

Run 500 minimum.

-- Rod
    Good to know Didn't know that before. And I was wondering why I had strange problems even though I considered the voltages stable
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Frequencies below 500 don't work on a significant percentage of devices.

It's the hardware, not the software.

Run 500 minimum.

-- Rod
    I'm not sure I agree. My understanding of the "not work" part was that the device would lock up or otherwise misbehave. My device does not. It works well at those frequencies. My device worked consistently prior to UK if I wanted to downclock it using either userspace or ondemand. Using UK (and maybe other changes) I am seeing this work only right after reboot and then later it stops attempting to change - setting the speed lower does not work at all - it ignores it.

Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying that devices might not work at that frequency - but the problem I'm seeing isn't "not working at that frequency". I'm seeing it not attempt it. Since restart a few hours back it's still working. However I'll check in a day or so and if returns to form it will have stopped allowing me to change it.
    just updated uberkernal and all the issues seem to be resolved in ss 500-1gh. Awesome! Thanks Rod, Unixpsycho, and everybody else who figured it out.
    thx
    aaron
  9.    #2289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I'm not sure I agree. My understanding of the "not work" part was that the device would lock up or otherwise misbehave. My device does not. It works well at those frequencies. My device worked consistently prior to UK if I wanted to downclock it using either userspace or ondemand. Using UK (and maybe other changes) I am seeing this work only right after reboot and then later it stops attempting to change - setting the speed lower does not work at all - it ignores it.

Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying that devices might not work at that frequency - but the problem I'm seeing isn't "not working at that frequency". I'm seeing it not attempt it. Since restart a few hours back it's still working. However I'll check in a day or so and if returns to form it will have stopped allowing me to change it.
    Agreed, that is a different problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    On freshly doctored Sprint Pre+ with Preware 1.54, did not see uberkernel in testing feed until turned off webos-kernels feed. (did not install Preware 1.55)

Note this was not the case this past weekend with the freshly doctored Verixon PrePlus, where I was able to see uberkernel in testing feed with Preware 1.54.

As an aside, uberkernel 500/1, camera working fine so far on the Sprint.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    What have people been seeing as far as battery usage goes?

I just got the testing feed installed and am installing UK now. Tomorrow is going to be a long day with out a charger so I'm wondering what might be the best option for me to run? I've got the big Sedio 2600 battery strapped on so I've got a little juice to play with.

EDIT: Install went fine. SS 500/1000 is rocking out on my Pre-. Everything is fast as heck, except Google Maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    What have people been seeing as far as battery usage goes?

I just got the testing feed installed and am installing UK now. Tomorrow is going to be a long day with out a charger so I'm wondering what might be the best option for me to run? I've got the big Sedio 2600 battery strapped on so I've got a little juice to play with.
    I've got the same battery you've got. To give you an idea.. my battery health is at 96%. I've been meaning to do a calibration.. so last night I was letting it drain but it never got down to the right voltage before I fell asleep. So I woke up around 4, and obviously the phone was off, and I put it back on the charger. I got up at 7:30, and Dr. Battery was giving 75% charge. I've been using it all day, haven't charged it once, and right now I've still got 15% juice left. I haven't changed my habits one bit.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

O2 Pre -
    Uberkernel-18

Tested camera with oc to 1GHz: can take pictures, but response is slow and the shuttle sound doesn't work right. No issue if I oc to 720. Didn't try 800M because 800M used to cause over heating on my device, I guess it is due to some interfacence to the RF.

Devices hanged up once, was using screenstate 720/250 when hanged up.

Battery seems to drain faster when I am using the phone, and seems to improve a lot when I am not using the phone..
    Just downloaded and installed Uberkernel through Preware. I was running 600 MHz before on the stock kernel. Flash was choppy and not really of any value. I am using the 500/1000 screen state setting. Flash is nice and smooth. This how the Pre Plus should have been all along!
    Is there any way to change the min frequency to 600 mhz instead of 500 mhz. even though govnah allows manual entries in the advanced options to create your own profiles, i guess the same is limited by the kernel script that defaults the cpu scaling baack to 500 mhz when certain override conditions are met..
    hey, Preware shows me there is a uberkernel application for 2.1 but webosquickinstall and webos-internals.org tell me there isn't a version.
    I don't subscribe the testing feed, the kernel is in the kernel feed.
    I don't want to have this again: http://forums.precentral.net/general...l?#post2900809
    Read the description. Maybe they are placeholders, meaning that it will install the UberKernel as soon as it's available in the public feed. If the version is "2.1.0-0" then it does NOT work with 2.1.0

I've been running UberKernel ver 2.1.0-18 for a few days now. No problems so far
    Oh yeah, sure, Im to stupid to read the description..
    "A collection of all best kernel imporvements for the Palm Pre/Pre+, rolled into a single OTA-safe..."
    "Changelog:
    2.1.0-18: Updates to fix camera issues."

And i repeat: I don't subscribe the testing feed!
    Wollte dich nicht beleidigen Ist mir selbst schon oft genug passiert das ich nicht richtig gelesen habe

Maybe UberKernel 2.1.0-18 has graduated to the public feed?! It looks exactly like the one I have installed. It says it is in the public "WebOS Kernels" feed. If it was in the testing feed it would say "WebOS Kernels Testing".

However, this would surprise me a bit not to see any news about that on the P|C frontpage ^^ Maybe you should wait for confirmation by Rod
    I've installed that. Works great. No camera issues.