Page 114 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    UberKernel v2.1.0-18 already ROCKNROLLIN' on my GSM Movistat Pre-

Donation sent. For UberKernel. For Meta-Doctor. For all the hours of hard work put to the enjoyment of my brief life as a smartphone tinkerer!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel/Pre 2.1.0-18 is now in the testing feed with a fix by unixPsycho for the camera issue ready for testing.

-- Rod
    Confirm. Camera now works with Screenstate governor and UK-18.

Max
    I too confirm camera works on v18 using 500/1000 SS.
    confimed here. camera working.
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    confimed here. camera working.
    +1
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Don't berate me too much for this, I've looked around first and I've been out of the pre game for a while. I added the testing feed for kernels, everything seems find and the url was replaced. However in preware the only ones that show up are the default palm kernel, F105 and AV8B. No uberkernel. I am running a sprint pre with 2.1.0 and preware 1.5.5
    Quote Originally Posted by poxin View Post
    Don't berate me too much for this, I've looked around first and I've been out of the pre game for a while. I added the testing feed for kernels, everything seems find and the url was replaced. However in preware the only ones that show up are the default palm kernel, F105 and AV8B. No uberkernel. I am running a sprint pre with 2.1.0 and preware 1.5.5
    As stated previously it is a bug in the visiability option in the newly installed preware 1.5.5, downgrade to 1.5.4 or disable the main kernels feed to show the kernels testing uber kernel.

You should be good once that happens, or update to a newer version of perware when available which will likly fix the 1.5.5 bug. As of this posting I do not know if a new one has come out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by poxin View Post
    Rod pointed out there was a bug with Preware 1.5.5 and seeing UberKernel.. he said for now the workaround is to go back to Preware 1.5.4 or go directly into the feed listing and it should show up there..
    I got the same problem, Uberkernel wasn't there after upgrading to Preware 1.5.5!

To bypass that, I have installed the Uberkernel 2.1 with Quick Install 4.04 on my device (Pre-) and after reboot, Uberkernel wasn't really installed but when I open Preware, it is now available as an update, and installed it via preware now and everything works!

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    I remember reading how each of the processors for the Pre run at dfferent speeds, because of the way they were cut from the slab. But does that mean that even though my processor is set to run at 1GHz, it might not actually be running at that speed? Govnah says my Pre's processor is running at 1GHz, but how can I know for sure?
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/07/2011 at 03:08 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I remember reading how each of the processors for the Pre run at dfferent speeds, because of the way they were cut from the slab. But does that mean that even though my processor is set to run at 1GHz, it might not actually be running at that speed?

I believe you are confusing yourself.

They are all made "the same". They are spec'ed to run at a max of 600MHz. From there, due to slight manufacturing flaws, some cannot clock very high (or at all for that matter). If your CPU is reporting that it's running at 1GHz, then it is (especially since you can still read the screen and it didn't shut off). Where are you reading this value? Govnah? Then that's what it's running at.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I believe you are confusing yourself.

They are all made "the same". They are spec'ed to run at a max of 600MHz. From there, due to slight manufacturing flaws, some cannot clock very high (or at all for that matter). If your CPU is reporting that it's running at 1GHz, then it is (especially since you can still read the screen and it didn't shut off). Where are you reading this value? Govnah? Then that's what it's running at.

M.
    Yeah it's the Govnah app that is saying I am running at 1GHz. So I guess I am running at that speed. I wasn't sure. Thanks for your help!

What happens if the screen cuts out when I change the processor speed? How do I change the speed back to a safe level.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Govnah is smart to detect "why" the phone rebooted. If it is anything to do with the kernel, it'll revert to the "Palm Default" settings. It's called "fail-safe". Smart, eh?
    The testing feed directory ( Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/ ) doesn't seem to have the current test kernels in it. I must be looking in the wrong place. Can someone direct me to the correct location? I've looked around for the answer but can't seem to fine it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    The testing feed directory ( Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/ ) doesn't seem to have the current test kernels in it. I must be looking in the wrong place. Can someone direct me to the correct location? I've looked around for the answer but can't seem to fine it.
    This has been answered repeatedly in the posts ON THIS PAGE, and previous page.
    Jus' swingin' by to say UK 2.1.0-18 is kickin' **** on my Sprint Pre-. It's fast and the camera works just fine. Thanks to all involved!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Once you look in the right place! They keep telling you in words its the kernel testing feed. So try looking for the kernel test feed link on the testing wiki page.
    Last edited by PreRunr; 03/08/2011 at 05:14 AM.
  18.    #2278  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Once you look in the right place! They keep telling you in words its the kernel testing feed. So try here URL REMOVED
    Please don't do that. We point people specifically to the Testing Feeds wiki page so that they will read the rules and warnings on that page.

Admittedly, the wiki is down at the moment, but the wiki down page provides a convenient box where you can cut and past in the URL to get the Google cached version of the page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    That's why as it was not there! Hope its not serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I remember reading how each of the processors for the Pre run at dfferent speeds, because of the way they were cut from the slab. But does that mean that even though my processor is set to run at 1GHz, it might not actually be running at that speed? Govnah says my Pre's processor is running at 1GHz, but how can I know for sure?
    You can also check your actual speed by typing this in terminal: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation