Page 111 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel 2.1.0-11 has been released to the kernel testing feed.

Let us know whether it fixes the screenstate issue on webOS 2.1.0 on legacy devices.

-- Rod
    Yupperz! Works as advertised! Also, I did immediately change Govnah back to the default 5 second poll. I've been using it for about an hour now. Getting a straight line at 1ghz, turn the screen off and pop it back and I'm seeing the normal valley and it's already at 1ghz by the time the screen turns on. Battery charges at 500mhz, unplug and back to 1ghz. Looks like we have a winner here folks!

You guys make me so proud to own a Pre Plus.

I'm also noticing that the OC is still on after a reboot. Am I just fuzzy from my night out or is this a result of 2.1.0/Govnah 0.25/UK 2.1.0-11?
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/06/2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: OC
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

2.    #2202  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Yupperz! Works as advertised! Also, I did immediately change Govnah back to the default 5 second poll. I've been using it for about an hour now. Getting a straight line at 1ghz, turn the screen off and pop it back and I'm seeing the normal valley and it's already at 1ghz by the time the screen turns on. Battery charges at 500mhz, unplug and back to 1ghz. Looks like we have a winner here folks!

You guys make me so proud to own a Pre Plus.

I'm also noticing that the OC is still on after a reboot. Am I just fuzzy from my night out or is this a result of 2.1.0/Govnah 0.25/UK 2.1.0-11?
    Govnah has had sticky profiles for many months now ...

-- Rod
    I've noticed that the 500/800mhz and 500/1ghz screenstate settings work rather fine. However, I tend to run a custom 250/720mhz. The custom setting seems to just run it in a constant and not in the selected screenstate since there is no peaks or valleys on that chart.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
  4.    #2204  
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    I've noticed that the 500/800mhz and 500/1ghz screenstate settings work rather fine. However, I tend to run a custom 250/720mhz. The custom setting seems to just run it in a constant and not in the selected screenstate since there is no peaks or valleys on that chart.
    I just tested that exact configuration and it's working fine here.

You realise that the graph doesn't plot while the screen is off, right?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just tested that exact configuration and it's working fine here.

You realise that the graph doesn't plot while the screen is off, right?

-- Rod
    When I leave Govnah running and turn the screen off, wait a few seconds, and awaken the screen. Sure enough it shows a dip from 800mhz down to 500mhz in the graph. However, any custom settings I make have yet to have the same effect, just a steady 720mhz line.

Update: This must be a problem on my side, govnah just decided to start from fresh now. Even had the first use logs.
    Last edited by snotball007; 03/06/2011 at 02:47 AM.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    My camera is not working on -11. Just get a blank screen. Same with the latest update to F105. Camera works on stock palm kernel and Uber-10.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7.    #2207  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    My camera is not working on -11. Just get a blank screen. Same with the latest update to F105. Camera works on stock palm kernel and Uber-10.

The camera (both video and still) is the first thing I tested on UberKernel-11

Make sure you do a full shutdown and pull the battery between trying different experimental kernels.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post

Sorry Rod, but I on my Pre- with UK-11 the camera works on the Palm Default by not Screenstate 500/1000 or my own that I usually run on.
    Tried the "Fixed" profiles and they worked (Govenor is performance), so I changed from "screenstate" to "performance" with the profile that I had defined and that worked. I will try the other Govenor profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Sorry Rod, but I on my Pre- with UK-11 the camera works on the Palm Default by not Screenstate 500/1000 or my own that I usually run on.
    Camera's not working for me either. Both screenstates are showing grey screen. Works fine on all other profiles. Did a shutdown / battery pull as well.
    The only Govenor selection that gives a problem is 'screenstate'.
    ok yes the STUPID question how to I get to the kernel testing feed!
    just updated to 2.1 and it is soooo slow
    please be nice (I have donated money!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    ok yes the STUPID question how to I get to the kernel testing feed!
    just updated to 2.1 and it is soooo slow
    please be nice (I have donated money!)
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The camera (both video and still) is the first thing I tested on UberKernel-11

Make sure you do a full shutdown and pull the battery between trying different experimental kernels.

-- Rod
    Rod, I am seeing the same issue with the Camera and UberKernel-11 Screenstate. If I switch from Screenstate to FixedSpeed 800, the camera works. (Don't even have to reboot.) Switching back to Screenstate 500/800, the camera just stays dark, with occasional flashes to white.

Looks to me as if the Screenstate governor is causing this.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Rod, I am seeing the same issue with the Camera and UberKernel-11 Screenstate. If I switch from Screenstate to FixedSpeed 800, the camera works. (Don't even have to reboot.) Switching back to Screenstate 500/800, the camera just stays dark, with occasional flashes to white.

Looks to me as if the Screenstate governor is causing this.

Max
    I concur. Using fixed speed => camera works. Switch to screenstate, turn off screen, turn it back on => camere is broken, grey screen with occasionally white. Switch back to fixed speed, turn off screen and turn it back on => camera works.
    same here with screenstate

Ken
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post

Ken
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post

Ken
    +1,but the ondemand is ok.
  19. Fuu
    camera also not working for me using screenstate with latest uberkernel...
    have people been uninstalling the old kernel, doing a hard reboot, and then installing the new kernel or have they gone straight to updating to the new kernel?