Page 110 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    applied the kernel and have set it at 1ghz across the board no issues PDK files launch (F105 does not launch PDK apps at the moment, nor applications like navit) much more fluent at set speed of 1ghz. Also a side note been trying to figure out the VK bug in the patch released today for 2.1. Seems that with F105 it would randomly freeze the phone when using it, and landscape did so almost immediatly. The UberKernel seem to work a bit better, though when it dosent it wont freeze the phone, just reboot. I wounder if its just a matter of tweaking the script for the VK in 2.1, since most are saying the 2.0 version (pre 2) users are using the VK with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    applied the kernel and have set it at 1ghz across the board no issues PDK files launch (F105 does not launch PDK apps at the moment, nor applications like navit) much more fluent at set speed of 1ghz. Also a side note been trying to figure out the VK bug in the patch released today for 2.1. Seems that with F105 it would randomly freeze the phone when using it, and landscape did so almost immediatly. The UberKernel seem to work a bit better, though when it dosent it wont freeze the phone, just reboot. I wounder if its just a matter of tweaking the script for the VK in 2.1, since most are saying the 2.0 version (pre 2) users are using the VK with no issues.
    That Virtual Keyboard unfortunately is just very buggy which is probably why its still not available in 2.1. You can go back to the stock kernel and you'll find it still luna restarts the phone very easily just trying to type a few words on it.. I wish it was more stable too but I'm sure its not a fault of one of these kernels.
  3.    #2183  
    Quote Originally Posted by drvon View Post
    So downloaded the 2.1.0-6 version of the kernal and so far...

I'm experiencing some issues with the screenstate, which has been mentioned in this thread so now I'm running at fixed speed @ 800mhz, and the performance has been very good. I'm running on a Bellmo pre-. The only issue I see is that govnah v0.7.24 updates the info on the main screen very slowly compared to when govnah was running on 1.4.5
    Just change the preference option.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just change the preference option.

-- Rod
    oh thanks, fixed now!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Just wanted to post my experience with UK since the change to 2.1 on my sprint pre-. First day it was struggling with screen state as it would only bump up to 1.0ghz occasionally or if I changed governor settings back down to default and back up to 500/1.0 screenstate. Today after a reboot it handled screenstate more reliably but I had an overheat issue and random reboots. Granted I can't be sure if this is an UK issue or 2.1 but I've never experienced an overheat or random reboots before today, ever. After the overheat I backed it down to UK default and the temp dropped and has been okay since. Unfortunately 2.1 on pre- is laggy without overclocking so its a hard decision between going back to 1.4.5 or risking 500/1.0 again. Obviously this is not a complaint as I knew the risks before applying the UK from the testing feed, but I thought it was important to offer my feedback. I'm just counting the days till the pre2 shows up on my doorstep!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I posted this before but it got lost in 2.1 problems I was having. I'll try again now that 2.1 is running smoothly.

I downloaded the 2.1.0-9 version of Uber Kernel. It installs no problem and gives me the option of restarting now or later. If I don't restart right away, I can see that it did install (in preware the only option on the package is "remove" and it shows up as an icon in my launcher). After the restart there is no sign of the package any more. No icon and if I go back into Preware it shows it as an option to install it again.

This has happened multiple times on after running the meta doctor up to 2.1 three different times.

Any ideas?
    added my test feeds as I have done before the 2.1 upgrade to get freetether. I did this for the armv7 and all, but uberkernal doesn't show. Kernels still have (3) with the UK being v2.1.0-0. Updated, restarted the phone a few times for other reasons including this (patches/apps required it) So none of this works, I know I am missing something, any help, friends?
    Are you sure it was Uberkernel? I don't think there is a version like that in the feeds. For F105, there is a 2.1.0-9, but not for UberKernel
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaint3 View Post
    added my test feeds as I have done before the 2.1 upgrade to get freetether. I did this for the armv7 and all, but uberkernal doesn't show. Kernels still have (3) with the UK being v2.1.0-0. Updated, restarted the phone a few times for other reasons including this (patches/apps required it) So none of this works, I know I am missing something, any help, friends?
    there is a special feed for the kernel at the bottom of the page, did you see it?
    What version does Device Info say you are running?
    sorry, I forgot something I was sure I covered. Now I have the v2.1.0-6. I knew I should have thought for a few minutes more before posting. I'm clear for now, UK running here.
    bluenote, that is what I thought I had already added. My fault for not giving it all a once-over. Thanks for the quick replies, btw. Arkieboy, you too, thanks.
    I installed Uber-Kernel after updating to 2.1.0 on my GSM Pre-.
    I have tried a number of different settings, mainly Conservative Governor with either 250-1000 or 250-800 MHz. Experience was mostly good, but the frequency changes were noticable on the screen, and the screen would randomly lock up during changes to options or preferences in some applications. A battery pull reboot would fix it.
    I saw AV8B up on Preware, and changed over to it. Seems to run much smoother (so far...).
    Thanks for all your efforts. 2.1.0 is great, and the speeded up kernels make it awesomely fast
    Palm IIIe -> SL-10 -> NX80 -> UX-50 -> TH-55 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre (Movistar) -> Pre 2 (GSM-US) -> Pre 3 (EU-GSM) -> Pre 3 (AT&T) + TP 32Gb
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So after I changed the poll speed in govnah from 5sec to 1sec I have had no trouble with the screenstate option. I'm sure this is a coincidence but I have been running for around 10 hours with out the kernal reverting to 500mhz when the screen turns back on.
  15.    #2195  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnick View Post
    I installed Uber-Kernel after updating to 2.1.0 on my GSM Pre-.
    I have tried a number of different settings, mainly Conservative Governor with either or 250-800 MHz. Experience was mostly good, but the frequency changes were noticable on the screen, and the screen would randomly lock up during changes to options or preferences in some applications. A battery pull reboot would fix it.
    I saw AV8B up on Preware, and changed over to it. Seems to run much smoother (so far...).
    Thanks for all your efforts. 2.1.0 is great, and the speeded up kernels make it awesomely fast
    250 minimum freezes many devices.
    Stick to 500 min.

-- Rod
    So I just unistalled uber kernel on my 2.1 Sprint pre minus and I got stuck in an endless reboot cycle. I tried taking the battery out twice and let it sit for well over five minutes. No idea what happened, but I just wanted to report. I actually wanted to upgrade to the latest script anyway so it's all good Thanks for all the hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by drvon View Post
    So after I changed the poll speed in govnah from 5sec to 1sec I have had no trouble with the screenstate option. I'm sure this is a coincidence but I have been running for around 10 hours with out the kernal reverting to 500mhz when the screen turns back on.
    Bravo! Works like a charm.

The switch from 800 to 1000 is substantial. Also, I'm sure the battery life attained from using the screenstate is also substantial. Magnificent!

Someone give this kid a medal!

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

18.    #2198  
    UberKernel 2.1.0-11 has been released to the kernel testing feed.

Let us know whether it fixes the screenstate issue on webOS 2.1.0 on legacy devices.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Seems to be working great so far.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel 2.1.0-11 has been released to the kernel testing feed.

Let us know whether it fixes the screenstate issue on webOS 2.1.0 on legacy devices.

-- Rod
    Fixed the issues for me! You guys ROCK!!!!!!!! Thx so much!!