Page 109 of 145 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    The test script has now been updated to the regular script FYI.

Try installing the recovery kernel and re-installing UK. This should fix any issues.. if that doesn't work let me know.

EDIT: Also, what is the version shown in Device Info?
    I am HP webOS 2.1.0 solid
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Done so... And bricked my Pre! I've been clever enough to read thw Wiki's documentation about testing feeds, and so added it right while you were answering me.

Then, I've been as STUPID as sownloading an UberKernel that, obviously, is NOT for my current 2.1 WebOS. The only check I did was that it appeared on top of the list (so I thought it wasn't the older version for 1.4.6). Then, after not finding if it's for 1.4.5 or 2.x in the description, I happily installed it and BANG!

My Pre is now an extremely cool paperweight.

What now? Can I turn the phone on in recovery mode, and doctor it again to 2.1? Or better, get access to the filesystem, and put the good kernel in place? That's because I believe it's been backed up somewhere.
    If you want to re-doctor, plug it in to your computer via usb and hold volume key up and this will boot the phone into recovery mode (bootie).

Preware only shows the apps based on what the version info says in 'device info', not what your palm profile shows.

Also, if you want your palm profile to show 2.1.0 there is now a tested method for both Verizon and Sprint.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

If you want to re-doctor
    Actually, I didn't. I hoped the bootloader could also let me access the filesystem to restore the good kernel. After a brief but thrilling encounter with it, I've just re-doctored. But the information you've provided was very interesting. I already knew parts of it.

This time, WebOS has logged to my profile on the first try. So it all has been absolutely smooth, mostly compared to the disaster I made half an hour ago.

if you want your palm profile to show 2.1.0 there is now a tested method for both Verizon and Sprint.
    Pity my carrier is Movistar Spain. I was already told, by Palm support, that I can't have a 2.1 profile. But I'll put the 2.1 "palm-build-info" file in place.

Now, which is the right overclockable kernel for 2.1 Pre "not-plus"?
    Actually, I didn't. I hoped the bootloader could also let me access the filesystem to restore the good kernel. After a brief but thrilling encounter with it, I've just re-doctored. But the information you've provided was very interesting. I already knew parts of it.

This time, WebOS has logged to my profile on the first try. So it all has been absolutely smooth, mostly compared to the disaster I made half an hour ago.

Pity my carrier is Movistar Spain. I was already told, by Palm support, that I can't have a 2.1 profile. But I'll put the 2.1 "palm-build-info" file in place.

Well, Palm support is apparently wrong because many of us have 2.1 profiles right now, including myself. I'm sure there will be a method to get your profile to show 2.1.0 fairly soon.

The reason you need to put the palm-build-info-unmasqed is because the current doctor you have (depending on when you built it) tricks the profile login to think you are running a 1.4.5 device. This way your palm profile does not show 9.9.9, and you have access to 1.4.5 apps. Transferring the unmasqed file tells the device that it's 2.1.0 operating system, which is how Preware knows which feeds to show.

I'm not sure if you used a script to build the doctor, but most of the new scripts make the transfer of the unmasqed file unnecessary. You can test this by going into Device Info after you have logged into your profile and rebooted for the first time.

If everything is correct, you should see 'Kernel' under 'Available Packages' with (11) in a circle. Under 'Experimental', you will find 'UberKernel'. This is the correct kernel.

Make sure you read the Wiki page in its entirety and understand everything on it, including all the warnings.
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/04/2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: edited for content
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Actually, I didn't. I hoped the bootloader could also let me access the filesystem to restore the good kernel.
    There is actually a way to memboot a kernel through the bootloader. Once it starts this way, you can then go back to Preware and re-install the stock kernel. I am just mentioning this as a pointer to others who may want/need to give this a try.

You have already redoctored, and I am glad it all works well for you now.

Latest meta-doctor scripts do not even need for you to replace that masquerading info. Please check the webOS 2.1 thread, and I am sure the Wiki will be updated soon also.

I have successfully tried both the F104 and the Uberkernel from the Preware testing feeds, just please make sure your phone Device Info is displaying webOS 2.1.0 before you install the kernel through Preware.

Max
    many of us have 2.1 profiles right now, including myself.
    You lucky!

I'm sure there will be a method to get your profile to show 2.1.0 fairly soon.
    Yes, and I'd better learn to wait a bit, instead of getting into trouble like today.

The correct kernel is the only one in the kernel testing feed. If everything is correct, you should see 'Kernel' under 'Available Packages' with (11) in a circle.
    Very right. I see TWO kernels, the "F105 Thunderchief" and "UberKernel", both marked "Pre/Pre+". The later says it's version "2.1.0-6", updated "3/1/2011 5:50 AM". So this is the one for me?

Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k
    There is actually a way to memboot a kernel through the bootloader.
    Interesting. But the Doctor works very well. How does one tell the device's bootloader where to pick the kernel from? This reminds me a lot the bPlan Pegasos SmartFirmware, with those fancy "boot" commands. This particular bootloader is able to read the hard disk, for example.

You have already redoctored, and I am glad it all works well for you now.
    Go figure, I'm already searching again for the overclockable kernel... But I'll let my Pre rest until monday. It's been some busy days for it!

Thank you very much people!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos
    Very right. I see TWO kernels, the "F105 Thunderchief" and "UberKernel", both marked "Pre/Pre+". The later says it's version "2.1.0-6", updated "3/1/2011 5:50 AM". So this is the one for me?
    Yes, this is the one I recommend using. There has not been an update since it was first released on the 1st. Also, I recommend using the 800mhz fixed state profile. The 500/1000 is not sticking, and is reverting back to 500 after the screen turns off or the phone is connected to the charger. I've been using 800 for a few days now without a single problem.

I give up.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

I give up.
    Oh no, why?
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

I give up.
    On humanity or kernel development? The humanity thing I can understand. Please keep working on the kernels.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    On humanity or kernel development? The humanity thing I can understand. Please keep working on the kernels.
    Humanity
    Live free or DIE!
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Humanity
    Oh, good.
    So I just ran the "Recovery Kernal" on my Frank'n pre..

it rebooted and now its stuck on the HP boot logo... Thoughts?
    Out of curiosity:
    Any update on a "public" release of a 2.1 overclock kernel for Pre +/-?
    Sounds like the kernel changed enough to make this a non-trivial task?
    Thanks.
  15.    #2175  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Out of curiosity:
    Any update on a "public" release of a 2.1 overclock kernel for Pre +/-?
    Sounds like the kernel changed enough to make this a non-trivial task?
    Thanks.
    Marco is testing some fixes to screenstate right now. Those will enter the testing feed, and when we get sufficient success reports and no problems reports, we'll publish to the public feeds. That process happens in that order for any new kernel release.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    tried both F105 and UK on my Sprint FrankenPre. Both would slow to a CRAWL after about 2-4 minutes. At first I thought it was a voltage issue so I bumped both steps up, but nothing. It slows to a CRAWL then locks up completely and reboots. Had jstop running to help with rm usage. Encountered same scenario with both kernels. Uninstalled both and installed Stock Palm kernel, and so far 15 min+ no slowing or lockups. Is there something besides the stock kernel to install to make sure all kernel files are ok before I try a OC kernel again?
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    the screenstate issue has already been there with the original palm 2.1 kernel when clocking to 600mhz. so i think it has nothing to do with uber kernel but with govnah (?)
  18.    #2178  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcericx View Post
    the screenstate issue has already been there with the original palm 2.1 kernel when clocking to 600mhz. so i think it has nothing to do with uber kernel but with govnah (?)
    You misunderstand what Govnah does then.

Govnah sets the kernel parameters once, and then gets out of the way. Any changes to frequency that happen at any time other than when you click the Apply button in Govnah is under the control of the kernel.

In particular, you are advised to close the Govnah application when you are not actively using it or watching the graphs, and there is no background process communicating with the kernel after it is closed. The kernel continues to change frequencies according to the settings that have been configured by Govnah or the sticky profile at startup.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  19.    #2179  
    Done so... And bricked my Pre!
    BTW, you didn't brick your Pre.

No-one has ever bricked their Pre using homebrew software.

If you see a boot logo when you press the power button, it can be recovered using the webOS Doctor.

Even if you are a Linux expert and go out of your way to overwrite the bootloader (something which cannot happen by accident, nor by any homebrew software), you can still flash a new bootloader using the omap_usb tool in Linux.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So downloaded the 2.1.0-6 version of the kernal and so far...

I'm experiencing some issues with the screenstate, which has been mentioned in this thread so now I'm running at fixed speed @ 800mhz, and the performance has been very good. I'm running on a Bellmo pre-. The only issue I see is that govnah v0.7.24 updates the info on the main screen very slowly compared to when govnah was running on 1.4.5