Page 108 of 145 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #2141  
    Quote Originally Posted by drvon View Post
    So there hasn't been that much news as far as how the kernal testing is going. The tread is a little clogged with other 2.1 issues. Are we getting close to a public release? Or is the Alpha testing not going so well.

    Just wondering that's all.
    Something has changed in the base kernel code. Marco is investigating.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. drvon#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #2142  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Something has changed in the base kernel code. Marco is investigating.

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod ;-)
  3. #2143  
    Hey rod! are you going to make available the vdemand for 2.1? its a nice kernel! anyway, thanks! "rod you rock!"
  4.    #2144  
    Quote Originally Posted by 90dfx View Post
    Hey rod! are you going to make available the vdemand for 2.1? its a nice kernel! anyway, thanks! "rod you rock!"
    Marco (unixPsycho) is the genius behind vdemand. Porting it from 1.4.5 to 2.1 is not a trivial exercise.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #2145  
    I've been getting amazing battery life with fixed speed 800mhz UberKernel on 2.1 Pre Plus, how about the rest of you? I'm still at 90% from off the touchstone at 8am and its 11:30AM now, seems better than the stock kernel was at 600mhz through Govnah..
  6. #2146  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've been getting amazing battery life with fixed speed 800mhz UberKernel on 2.1 Pre Plus, how about the rest of you? I'm still at 90% from off the touchstone at 8am and its 11:30AM now, seems better than the stock kernel was at 600mhz through Govnah..
    I think my battery needs to be calibrated.. I've been up since 6am and it's now 2pm. I have the 2300mAh extended battery and Dr. Battery says health is 97%. I just put it on the charger in case I go out later, and Dr. Battery read it as 44%, about 950mAh left. I guess that's pretty good, but at 12pm it was at about 50%.

    I haven't let it drain in a while so it's possible that if I let it drain all the way down, the latter half would drain slower than the first half.

    But all in all, yes, 800mhz fixed has been pretty damned good for battery life.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  7. #2147  
    What do you think is the best compcache config for a pre- running 2.1.0? i played arround with it a bit and tried the advice on the wiki to put it up to 32MB, but this slowed my pre more down, especially in ram heavy pdk apps like VBA, its running much better with 16MB or lower.
  8. #2148  
    Can somebody confirm that UK is available from the test feed at the moment.
  9.    #2149  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Can somebody confirm that UK is available from the test feed at the moment.
    It is.

    -- Rod
  10. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #2150  
    The only issue I'm having is that my phone will start up with an "Unknown" profile @ 500 MHz. My custom 500/1005 screenstate isn't always applied
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  11. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #2151  
    I think I must be missing something. I have checked my device info attached, I am using govnah 0.7.25 but when I try uberkernal with preware 1.5.4 I get this message attached. I install it but no options to go faster.

    o2 pre- ugraded on Sunday and everything works well except this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #2152  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I think I must be missing something. I have checked my device info attached, I am using govnah 0.7.25 but when I try uberkernal with preware 1.5.4 I get this message attached. I install it but no options to go faster.

    o2 pre- ugraded on Sunday and everything works well except this?
    Must be something in the water (but not in Rod's area). I am having the same problem. Back to check the URL again.

    PS Rod - Is Govnah 0.7.25 from the test feeds?
    Last edited by johncc; 03/04/2011 at 01:51 AM.
  13. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #2153  
    Test feeds only, people
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  14. #2154  
    Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I have reinserted the testing feed (all and armv7) URLs and rebooted and still only see a Uber-Kernel 2.1.0 placeholder in Preware 1.5.4. (3 items in the Kernel - All section.) If I deselect all feeds except the testing feeds, I get 25 Available Packages and with just -all I get 10, so it would seem that I have the testing feeds on.. It's got me wacked.
  15.    #2155  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I have reinserted the testing feed (all and armv7) URLs and rebooted and still only see a Uber-Kernel 2.1.0 placeholder in Preware 1.5.4. (3 items in the Kernel - All section.) If I deselect all feeds except the testing feeds, I get 25 Available Packages and with just -all I get 10, so it would seem that I have the testing feeds on.. It's got me wacked.
    The kernel testing feed (which is different from the app testing feeds) is listed at the bottom of the Testing Feeds Wiki page.

    -- Rod
  16. evansgw's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #2156  
    Hi Rod

    I am running the test mata-doctor script.

    Downloaded Uberkernel, but it isn't giving me options in Govnah and when I try to remove it, there si an error. Preware and WOSQI can't find the Tarball.

    Pre-, webOS 2.1.0 test script meta-doc
  17. #2157  
    Quote Originally Posted by humblepie View Post
    Hi Rod

    I am running the test mata-doctor script.

    Downloaded Uberkernel, but it isn't giving me options in Govnah and when I try to remove it, there si an error. Preware and WOSQI can't find the Tarball.

    Pre-, webOS 2.1.0 test script meta-doc
    The test script has now been updated to the regular script FYI.

    Try installing the recovery kernel and re-installing UK. This should fix any issues.. if that doesn't work let me know.

    EDIT: Also, what is the version shown in Device Info?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  18. #2158  
    I understand some fortunate folks here are already running an overclockable kernel (updated UberKernel?) on their 2.1... Where to get?

    I think I have to add some "beta" feed in Preware, am I right? Do i deserve it? If so, what URL is it on?
  19. #2159  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've been getting amazing battery life with fixed speed 800mhz UberKernel on 2.1 Pre Plus, how about the rest of you? I'm still at 90% from off the touchstone at 8am and its 11:30AM now, seems better than the stock kernel was at 600mhz through Govnah..
    I'm at 45% roughly a day later. Frankly, I wish the battery life were better as its a preplus only on wifi and only running one email account which fetches email every 15 min, I have not done anything else with it.
  20. #2160  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Yeah, you have to add a new feed.
    Done so... And bricked my Pre! I've been clever enough to read thw Wiki's documentation about testing feeds, and so added it right while you were answering me.

    Then, I've been as STUPID as sownloading an UberKernel that, obviously, is NOT for my current 2.1 WebOS. The only check I did was that it appeared on top of the list (so I thought it wasn't the older version for 1.4.6). Then, after not finding if it's for 1.4.5 or 2.x in the description, I happily installed it and BANG!

    My Pre is now an extremely cool paperweight.

    What now? Can I turn the phone on in recovery mode, and doctor it again to 2.1? Or better, get access to the filesystem, and put the good kernel in place? That's because I believe it's been backed up somewhere.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions