Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    One thing I noticed:
    Software Manager shows Govnah as 0.7.24 but Govnah says 0.7.25?
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    just woke up, checked preware and downloaded updated govnah to 0.7.25. So far so good, seems screenstate 500/1000 is performing normally now. Will update in a bit to confirm this or if anything changes

edit: nope that was just premature behavior. Still dropping & staying @ 500 =/

-sent from my palm pre

Govnah has nothing to do with ths. Just an infant's handful of posts up, 'Psycho clearly says that Palm's Stock Kernel does this too. He working on it.

M.
    I have a sprint pre-, webos 2.1. Experimenting with different governors, and just wanted to report my experience so far:
    - Screenstate 1Ghz/250MHz - behavior like mentioned above; would occasionally remain at 250 after screen wakeup
    - On-demand 800MHz/250MHz - twice crashed my device. Soon after selecting it, screen glitches appeared, then a hard crash only remedied by a battery pull
    - Userspace behaves normally and as you'd expect
    testing using uberkernel with performance 800 profile just now.. so far so good is it possible to change the compcache using permanent or temporary way like stated in wiki? how much maximum value allowed? thanks
    German O2 Pre-
    2.1.0 german O2 ebosdoctor

Userspace OK
    Performance 800mhz, 720 & 1GHz OK
    Screenstate 1GHz/500MHz - NOK - clock remains @ 500 after screen on in most cases
    Is the problem with governor behavior falling back (ie 500/1g Screenstate dropping back to 500) something new with 2.1 Kernels (including Palm's stock) or does this exist in 1.4.5 also? I ask because I am using UK on 1.4.5 and I had a profile setup for ONDemand 250/1g and noticed it was dropping to 125mhz sometimes - which of course was not in the bounds of the settings I had selected. I haven't noticed anything like this with any other governor - even Conservative set the same way seems to stick to the min/max properly.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Screenstate causes my Pre to heat up too quickly and almost bricked my phone when on
    the touchstone temp would get to 52C so I stopped using it

I've been using ondemand

Governor: ondemand
    min freq: 125MHz
    max freq: 1GHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 60 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    compcache enabled: True
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Bic
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    Screenstate causes my Pre to heat up too quickly and almost bricked my phone when on
    Why not just set your temp limits different so that screen state would automatically back down. Also did you have the charger setting so that it would run at higher than 500mhz? If so why?
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post

I've been using ondemand

Governor: ondemand
    min freq: 125MHz
    max freq: 1GHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 60 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    compcache enabled: True
    Scheduler: Anticipatory
    Congestion: Bic
    And Pres are weird creatures I tell ya...
    My Pre just totally froze, setting that an ondemand profile 250>1000.
    And it totally drained my battery in the process
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is the problem with governor behavior falling back (ie 500/1g Screenstate dropping back to 500) something new with 2.1 Kernels (including Palm's stock) or does this exist in 1.4.5 also? I ask because I am using UK on 1.4.5 and I had a profile setup for ONDemand 250/1g and noticed it was dropping to 125mhz sometimes - which of course was not in the bounds of the settings I had selected. I haven't noticed anything like this with any other governor - even Conservative set the same way seems to stick to the min/max properly.
    Enable powersave bias and that will stop. Google is your friend.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Why not just set your temp limits different so that screen state would automatically back down. Also did you have the charger setting so that it would run at higher than 500mhz? If so why?

No I didn't change any of the settings for screen state 500/1000

but it seems a like my Pre doesn't like being at a continuous 500Mhz
    ondemand has worked great
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Enable powersave bias and that will stop. Google is your friend.
    Your not talking about solving the screenstate 1ghz/500mhz dropping to 500mhz and sticking prob are you? Referring to his other prob?
    ... I ask because I am using UK on 1.4.5 and I had a profile setup for ONDemand 250/1g and noticed it was dropping to 125mhz sometimes - which of course was not in the bounds of the settings I had selected. I haven't noticed anything like this with any other governor - even Conservative set the same way seems to stick to the min/max properly.
    Set powersave_bias =>1, or it will scale from bottom to top speeds (125 to 1000MHz in UK).

Also, give ondemand a try with 500 to 1000MHz (or even 600 to 1000MHz) interval... the 600 to 1000MHz is the one I like most (with 0.5s update interval)
    please help...

i have the kernels testing feed fine but all i see are:
    1. f102b delta dagger
    2. av8b harrier ii
    3. f105 thunderchief

and 3 other "older" kernels...

i have the verizon pre plus 2.1 upgraded.

Which one to install please??
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    please help...

i have the kernels testing feed fine but all i see are:
    1. f102b delta dagger
    2. av8b harrier ii
    3. f105 thunderchief

and 3 other "older" kernels...

i have the verizon pre plus 2.1 upgraded.

Which one to install please??
    What does it say on your Pre under Device Info, Version?
    it says 1.4.5... But I needed that to get access to the Apps right?
  17.    #2137  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    it says 1.4.5... But I needed that to get access to the Apps right?
    Go back to the 2.1.0 thread and complete the Wiki steps 5 and 6 before installing kernels.

Only then may you post again here.

-- Rod
    Been using UK on my 2.1 Sprint Pre-, on Performance, 1GHz.

So far, no crashes, no heat issues and a noticable improvement in UI function over the stock webOS 2.1 experience on a Pre Minus.

I'll report back if I have any issues, but so far the Performance governor seems to working fine!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I've been running fixed 800 for a couple of days now, no crashes, no heat issues, etc.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So there hasn't been that much news as far as how the kernal testing is going. The tread is a little clogged with other 2.1 issues. Are we getting close to a public release? Or is the Alpha testing not going so well.

Just wondering that's all.