Page 106 of 145 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can you please detail exactly what kernels you had previously had on your device, and how you removed them before attempting to install the latest UberKernel?

This could be a corner case that the installation script is missing.

Thanks.

-- Rod
    I did have the old Uber-Kernel installed on the 1.4.5 OS but I just doctored up to 2.1 (on a Sprint Pre-) so I don't think there is anything left from before.

EDIT: I'm still showing masked as 1.4.5. I dunno if that makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    I did have the old Uber-Kernel installed on the 1.4.5 OS but I just doctored up to 2.1 (on a Sprint Pre-) so I don't think there is anything left from before.

EDIT: I'm still showing masked as 1.4.5. I dunno if that makes a difference.
    Yup, that's it. You need to unmask before you can install any custom kernels.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    Yup, that's it. You need to unmask before you can install any custom kernels.
    Ah hah.

Will unmasking mess up my phone on the Sprint network? Last I read (and this was two days ago) running 2.1 on Sprint would cause all kinds of problems.

I don't want to take this thread off track, so if it's not a simple question can somebody point me in the direction of where I can read the latest on this?
  4.    #2104  
    Ah hah.

Will unmasking mess up my phone on the Sprint network? Last I read (and this was two days ago) running 2.1 on Sprint would cause all kinds of problems.

I don't want to take this thread off track, so if it's not a simple question can somebody point me in the direction of where I can read the latest on this?
    You need to read the wiki page and do step 5 and 6.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Can you point me in a direction of a thread that provides more info on this. I'm a *nix noob and when I run the novacom: run... command in cygwin I get a novacom not found error.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Can you point me in a direction of a thread that provides more info on this. I'm a *nix noob and when I run the novacom: run... command in cygwin I get a novacom not found error.
    You need to have installed the Palm SDK as per the instructions found on the wiki page.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Step 1.

If you don't like the idea of using novacom commands, you can always use any of the alternatives.
  7.    #2107  
    Which set of instructions are you following? Cause if it's not the upgrade wiki page, and it doesn't make you read the upgrade wiki page first, then it needs to be fixed so that it does.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have the SDK installed. I can run stuff in the emulator. Works good, lasts long time.

I was trying to get it installed with WOSQI but now the issue is I can't find the unmask file on my local machine anywhere. Did it disappear because I didn't do this directly after updating to 2.1 or am I just not finding it because I don't know where to look?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which set of instructions are you following? Cause if it's not the upgrade wiki page, and it doesn't make you read the upgrade wiki page first, then it needs to be fixed so that it does.

-- Rod
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...alm-build-info

I followed the instructions Ed posted a few days ago. At the time (if I recall) it was advised NOT to unmask if you were running on Sprint because their server would get confused seeing a Sprint Pre running 2.1. Should I just redoctor with the current script and follow the instructions on the wiki page from the beginning? I'd rather not if I can help it as I've got stuff set up the way I want it now, but if that's the only way to get the unmask to work then I guess I can meta doctor again.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have the SDK installed. I can run stuff in the emulator. Works good, lasts long time.

I was trying to get it installed with WOSQI but now the issue is I can't find the unmask file on my local machine anywhere. Did it disappear because I didn't do this directly after updating to 2.1 or am I just not finding it because I don't know where to look?

I followed the instructions Ed posted a few days ago. At the time (if I recall) it was advised NOT to unmask if you were running on Sprint because their server would get confused seeing a Sprint Pre running 2.1. Should I just redoctor with the current script and follow the instructions on the wiki page from the beginning? I'd rather not if I can help it as I've got stuff set up the way I want it now, but if that's the only way to get the unmask to work then I guess I can meta doctor again.
    The unmasqed file should be in the same working directory that the meta-doctor is in.
    Last edited by weedalin; 03/01/2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Ok... making progress. I found the unmask file in cygwin. Couldn't run the novaterm command so I copied the file out to root (I think?). Anyhow, the file is visible in windows in the /cygwin directory. Tried to send it to /etc/palm-build-info using WOSQI but got a file transfer fail message.

I'm going to try starting and stopping the novaterm service and see if I can copy it using cygwin again.

Thanks for the help so far.

EDIT: finally saw in the wiki that as long as I have accessed the apps catalog showing 1.4.5 I can then switch back up so it shows 2.1 and be good to go. Hooked on phonics worked for me!

EDIT 2: Got novaterm working. It connects to the device just fine. I can run the first command fine but when I run

novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed

I get

novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server.

EDIT 3: Tried the third method. Copied the file to my USB drive and then copied that file to /etc/palm-build-info using cygwin. My device info is now showing 2.1 so I guess it worked.

Uber-Kernel installed no problem this time. Restarting now.

Step 6 complied with.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by nethan; 03/01/2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Sorry I'm slamming this thread.

Two times now I've downloaded Uber Kernel. It shows asks for a restart. The first time I restarted from inside Preware. Once the phone restarted, there was no sign of Uber Kernel and when I opened up Govnah, Only the Palm Default profile was there. The second time I installed UK I exited Preware and made sure that Uber Kernel was actually showing up in the launcher (which it was) before restarting. After the restart it was gone and it was showing as an install option in Preware.

I am SOOOO confused.
  12.    #2112  

I'm not aware of it ever being said that a Sprint server would get confused by something.

In any case, you're still asking about webOS 2.1.0 stuff in the wrong thread. This is an UberKernel thread, not a webOS 2.1.0 installation thread.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I can confirm this also, was trying out 500/1000, it was on 1000 till the screen went off, then went to 500 and wouldn't come back to 1000 without clicking 1000 again. 800mhz is working.
    None of the screenstate governors work for me with Sprint Pre- on UK-6.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  14.    #2114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    None of the screenstate governors work for me with Sprint Pre- on UK-6.
    If this thread wasn't so clogged up with webOS 2.1.0 installation questions, perhaps we could begin to debug that ...

-- Rod
    Not sure if the test feed uber-kernels are a different design than previous kernels, but they seem to behave a little different. The old screenstate 500/1000 would do just as I would expect, 1000 while active and 500 when screen is off. The new one seems to start out at 1000 then gets stuck at 500. The screenstate 500/800 seems normal.

BTW I'm on a Verizon Pre plus, webos 2.1, UK 2.1-06, govnah 7.24
    Is this expected?

Thanks,
    aaron
    There's nothing wrong with screenstate. Something in the stock kernel is making the freq jump. It happens with any governor if you're persistent.
    Live free or DIE!
    instead of fixed speed 800, I use 1ghz on performance.. It stays without switching back unlike screen state
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    instead of fixed speed 800, I use 1ghz on performance.. It stays without switching back unlike screen state
    Try a lower freq. try userspace.

This happens under stock Palm kernel. I can make it happen at whim.

Please test thoroughly before making statements.
    Live free or DIE!
    okay I'm sorry haha will do
    just woke up, checked preware and downloaded updated govnah to 0.7.25. So far so good, seems screenstate 500/1000 is performing normally now. Will update in a bit to confirm this or if anything changes

edit: nope that was just premature behavior. Still dropping & staying @ 500 =/

-sent from my palm pre
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/02/2011 at 04:56 AM.