Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    if you doctor anyway you dont have to revert to the original kernel.... it will wipe your whole system!
    My testing feed is working, but I only see the older experimental kernels available (1.4.5-xxx) from last week or older. I have a VZ Pre + at 2.1.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanXCook View Post
    My testing feed is working, but I only see the older experimental kernels available (1.4.5-xxx) from last week or older. I have a VZ Pre + at 2.1.
    I guess you did not unmasq.

What version of webOS is reported in Device Info?
    If it is not 2.1.0 then you need to install the unmasq files.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Reboot the pre to clear the memory and did "count" the time it needs to start Angry Birds:

- Pre, 2.1.0, 1000MHz ~20 sec
    - Pre, 2.1.0, 500MHz ~23 sec
    - Pre 2, 2.0.1, 1000MHz ~5 sec

Could someone else check Start Time of Angry Birds on Pre Plus 1.4.5 / 2.1.0 500MHz / 1GHz.

Pre Plus 1.4.5 @ 500mhz with stock Kernel from fresh reboot ~ 10 seconds counted by external stopwatch to load Angry Birds (paid version).

I do not have overclocking Kernels installed so I cannot comment on the load time for 1ghz.

EDIT - the point of this was to give a point of comparison for those who did the upgrade as requested by mgmft.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 03/01/2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    I guess you did not unmasq.

What version of webOS is reported in Device Info?
    If it is not 2.1.0 then you need to install the unmasq files.

Max
    It's true, I missed that step, thanks. Since then I have wiped my Ubuntu partition. Any way for a quick windows fix to get the unmasq files in place?
    It's true, I missed that step, thanks. Since then I have wiped my Ubuntu partition. Any way for a quick windows fix to get the unmasq files in place?
    cygwin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I was hoping for something more like download file / USB file transfer. Not that simple I guess. Looks like I'm reinstalling Ubuntu. That's what I get!
    I was hoping for something more like download file / USB file transfer. Not that simple I guess. Looks like I'm reinstalling Ubuntu. That's what I get!
    I see it can be done using webOS Quick install. Any way I can download this unmasq file and transfer it that way? Can someone post it?
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Hey, Rod. It seems like there is some strange behavior in Govnah. Every now and then I check and it reads 500mhz.. and I have to reset the screenstate. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Note that right before I took this pic I changed the screenstate, hence the flatline.

I also took another pic shortly after I posted this, because between the time it took me to post this comment it was already back down to 500mhz.
    This does not appear to be limited to 2.1.0 - I installed UK on my 1.4.5 VZW Pre Plus for the purpose of giving a report on 1ghz Angry Birds load time for another user here - and found that when I set 500/1000 screenstate gov it was dropping back to 500 while I watched in the Govnah app. Is there a better thread to discuss this in?

Doh! I forgot that while a charger is attached that UK defaults to 500mhz. Argh. Nevermind!
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 03/01/2011 at 02:43 PM.
    I see it can be done using webOS Quick install. Any way I can download this unmasq file and transfer it that way? Can someone post it?
    I dont think its legal to post it. Thats why this doctor and all accompanying software is legal because the end-user such as yourself creates the doctor and other software using publicly available means. Third party distribution is not legal.

I, too, wiped my ubuntu install before unmasqung, which led to a D'oh moment, requiring me to reinstall ubuntu and go over all the steps to get the unmasq file, however, the 2nd time is MUCH faster after you know what your doing.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    I dont think its legal to post it. Thats why this doctor and all accompanying software is legal because the end-user such as yourself creates the doctor and other software using publicly available means. Third party distribution is not legal.

I, too, wiped my ubuntu install before unmasqung, which led to a D'oh moment, requiring me to reinstall ubuntu and go over all the steps to get the unmasq file, however, the 2nd time is MUCH faster after you know what your doing.
    Thanks.

In the process of reinstalling now. I appreciate all the feedback and help.
  12.    #2092  
    Just a reminder that this thread is about the UberKernel, not about webOS 2.1 installation problems. Please the webOS 2.1 thread for those.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Reboot the pre to clear the memory and did "count" the time it needs to start Angry Birds:

- Pre, 2.1.0, 1000MHz ~20 sec
    - Pre, 2.1.0, 500MHz ~23 sec
    - Pre 2, 2.0.1, 1000MHz ~5 sec

Is it a problem of:
    - my pre minus specifically?
    - all pre minus in general (lack of menory)?
    - cause it is an early testing UK?

Could someone else check Start Time of Angry Birds on Pre Plus 1.4.5 / 2.1.0 500MHz / 1GHz. Or on normal Pre minus 1.4.5 / 2.1.0 500MHz / 1GHz?
    I installed UK for 1.4.5 and retested.

Reboot, Palm Default Kernel (Userspace 500mhz), Verizon Pre Plus, webOS 1.4.5, preware with several patches = 10 seconds from start via stopwatch

Reboot again, UK 500/1000 (Screenstate), Verizon Pre Plus, webOS 1.4.5, preware with several patches, Charger attached (wasn't thinking!) = 10 seconds via stopwatch.

No Reboot; same config above = 5 seconds

Reboot yet again, UK 500/1000 (Screenstate), Verizon Pre Plus, webOS 1.4.5, preware with several patches, NO Charger attached to ensure 1ghz = 8 seconds

No Reboot; same config above = 5 seconds

Personally what this tells me is that using Angry Birds as a measure of performance validation is not very helpful. The memory and I/O bottlenecks probably have greater influence over this load time than the processor speed.

Oh - all of these tests were done with Compcache set ON using 16MB.
    I saw where UnixPsycho was posting that development on the 1.4.5 Kernels was likely halted and that future development would be on 2.1.0 Kernels - is this accurate for UberKernel or only for those Kernels developed directly under UnixPsycho (F102a for example).
  15.    #2095  
    I saw where UnixPsycho was posting that development on the 1.4.5 Kernels was likely halted and that future development would be on 2.1.0 Kernels - is this accurate for UberKernel or only for those Kernels developed directly under UnixPsycho (F102a for example).
    It is accurate for all kernels released by WebOS Internals.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is accurate for all kernels released by WebOS Internals.

-- Rod
    May I ask why?
  17.    #2097  
    May I ask why?
    We are volunteers with limited available spare time, and choose to apply that in areas that have the most impact.

Of course if there is a serious bug in one of the 1.4.5 kernels we will fix it, but they are pretty much at the limit of the technology now, so there is no point in trying to improve them further. Supporting new features on 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 doubles the effort required, so is not time-effective for us.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Just tried to install the UberKernel via Preware. It downloads now problem but errors out on the install.

Is there a way to post logs on here? I don't want to type the whole thing out.

The basics are

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.14-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.14-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement.

What'd I mess up?
    install the recovery palm kernel and try again
  20.    #2100  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Just tried to install the UberKernel via Preware. It downloads now problem but errors out on the install.

Is there a way to post logs on here? I don't want to type the whole thing out.

The basics are

Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.14-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.14-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement.

What'd I mess up?
    Can you please detail exactly what kernels you had previously had on your device, and how you removed them before attempting to install the latest UberKernel?

This could be a corner case that the installation script is missing.

Thanks.

-- Rod