Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Does this work for wireless-only version of 2.1?

Downloaded uber kernal for pre/pre+ v2.1.0-9 from preware on my verizon preplus wireless version only.
    Preware downloaded and re-booted automatically but kernel was not installed.

Downloaded from WOSQI 4.04 and manually shut off phone and turned it back on. Kernel was not installed.

Any suggestions?

Note: Gov'nah v0.7.24 is installed. Palm.com says profile is 1.40.50, WOSQI identifies device as Palm Pre with 2.1 installed, Nova-WR-Castle. Palm catalog successfully installed Pandora. I did not install any other patches or apps.

Edit: Works great with wifi only version, screenstate 500/1000. You guys are amazing, thanks for staying up late to create this!!
    note: Added feed for kernels testing at bottom of wiki page and installed experimental uber-kernel, thanks everyone for clarifying that this one is in a separate section from testing feeds for all and armv7.
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/01/2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Should I assume that if I have not yet unmasqued palm-build-info, the test kernals will not show in the Preware kernal test feed? The Kernal test feed only shows the older kernals for 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    Should I assume that if I have not yet unmasqued palm-build-info, the test kernals will not show in the Preware kernal test feed? The Kernal test feed only shows the older kernals for 1.4.5.
    You need the palm-build-info-unmasqed in order to see the correct patches, applications, themes, and kernels in Preware.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

4.    #2064  
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    If you have not followed the Wiki instructions correctly, then things will not operate correctly.

-- Rod
  5. Fuu
    really weird!
    2nd Pre works without problems...!

Edit:
    disabled Developer Mode on 1st Pre, now it gives a slightly different error (after reboot):

Edit2:
    deleted all manually added feeds, readded all, and guess what: it works. thx!
    Last edited by Fuu; 03/01/2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    really weird!
    2nd Pre works without problems...!

Edit:
    disabled Developer Mode on 1st Pre, now it gives a slightly different error (after reboot):
    You seriously don't see anything wrong with your feed names?

Compare the name of the working webos-kernels feed to what you named the test feed.

Edit: Rename webos-kernel-testing to webos-kernels-testing
    Doh, works for me now... Didn't see the feed name this morning. Sorry sorry and yet again sorry for causing this fuss. And a big thanks for pointing the error out!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hey, Rod. It seems like there is some strange behavior in Govnah. Every now and then I check and it reads 500mhz.. and I have to reset the screenstate. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. Note that right before I took this pic I changed the screenstate, hence the flatline.

I also took another pic shortly after I posted this, because between the time it took me to post this comment it was already back down to 500mhz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/01/2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: another pic
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Hey, Rod. It seems like there is some strange behavior in Govnah. Every now and then I check and it reads 500mhz.. and I have to reset the screenstate.
    I mentioned the same with 800/500. For me if I switch off and on again it goes to 800.
  10. Fuu
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    You seriously don't see anything wrong with your feed names?

Compare the name of the working webos-kernels feed to what you named the test feed.

Edit: Rename webos-kernel-testing to webos-kernels-testing
    i think the error was that i had 2 feeds added, first time i deleted it but after a Preware restart it was still there.
    so i added the "right" feed, but the wrong one would stop the other one from working i guess..

anyway, so far uberkernel working good for me. Screenstate 1Ghz/500MHz.
    will look for VCore tweaking later this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I mentioned the same with 800/500. For me if I switch off and on again it goes to 800.
    yep , exact same here. both with 1000/500 and 800/500
    Got the same issue.. it'll still be on the 500/1000 profile just fine but down at 500mhz and not on touchstone or anything like that..
    For right now, it seems like Fixed Speed 800 is the way to go.

I'm looking up Govnah on Preware, but the only version which seems to be available is version: 0.7.24 not, Govnah - Version: 0.7.5.

Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Got the same issue.. it'll still be on the 500/1000 profile just fine but down at 500mhz and not on touchstone or anything like that..
    in 500/1000 opened a few web pages and also dropped to 500 ; switched to fixedstate 800 and so far ok
    Yeah the fixed state ones seem to hold. The screenstate ones seem that they get stuck on the lower speed once they switch and don't switch back when screen is turned back on.
    Seems like there is a problem with the screenstate governor.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Seems like there is a problem with the screenstate governor.
    I can confirm this also, was trying out 500/1000, it was on 1000 till the screen went off, then went to 500 and wouldn't come back to 1000 without clicking 1000 again. 800mhz is working.
    to uninstall kernel can someone confirm process?

is it just uninstalling via WOSQI and reboot (shows up under apps in WOSQI)?

I am going to doctor back to 1,45 activate pageplus sevice on my current wireless only vzw preplus and then install 2.1 so would like to uninstall kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    to uninstall kernel can someone confirm process?

is it just uninstalling via WOSQI and reboot (shows up under apps in WOSQI)?

I am going to doctor back to 1,45 activate pageplus sevice on my current wireless only vzw preplus and then install 2.1 so would like to uninstall kernel.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $installing$ &$amp$; $uninstalling$ $a$ $kernel$ $must$ $be$ $done$ $through$ $Preware$