Page 103 of 145 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
    Didnt see the part about rebooting, doing that now....I love this community Thanks

Ken
    tried to copy the file over in step 5 with quick install, got an error transfer failed , i'm going to bed it is 3:00 east coast time.

EDIT: I decided to give it one more turn before going to bed, and voila! I got it! Now I see why HP would not "let" us have the upgrade, no one would buy a Pre2.

Don't worry HP You got my money as soon as you release the "Pr3", and maybe if you price the touchpad right.

THANKS forum members, and the GREAT!!! homebrew guys, whenever I wake up I will surely send some money to you guys.
    Last edited by techfellow; 03/01/2011 at 02:51 AM.
    PSN
    Twitter
    Palm Centro - Palm/HP Pre+ w/webos 2.1.0
    After testing half a day it runns very well. No huge lagging.
    But the 800MHz does not stay. Often it stays on 500. Switch device off and on having govnah in forground switched back to 800.
    EDIT: Govnah doesn't need to be in foreground. Just switch off and on brings the 800 back.
    Is there something (/var/log/messages,lumberjack) I can debug to find a solution?
    Last edited by somline; 03/01/2011 at 06:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I installed UK on my pre minus 2.1.0. Is it just me or does anyone else not really feel a difference. To test it then I did:

Reboot the pre to clear the memory and did "count" the time it needs to start Angry Birds:

- Pre, 2.1.0, 1000MHz ~20 sec
    - Pre, 2.1.0, 500MHz ~23 sec
    - Pre 2, 2.0.1, 1000MHz ~5 sec

Is it a problem of:
    - my pre minus specifically?
    - all pre minus in general (lack of menory)?
    - cause it is an early testing UK?

Could someone else check Start Time of Angry Birds on Pre Plus 1.4.5 / 2.1.0 500MHz / 1GHz. Or on normal Pre minus 1.4.5 / 2.1.0 500MHz / 1GHz?

Any other good suggestion to compare the effect of UK?

Thanks mgmft
  5.    #2045  
    Of course the Pre 2 is going to be significantly faster. It has a newer generation CPU with a bigger and faster pipe to memory.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Of course the Pre 2 is going to be significantly faster. It has a newer generation CPU with a bigger and faster pipe to memory.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

THANKS for your great work! I know that. I just asked, because the Pre plus on 1.4.5 was almost as fast: I assume it is due to the lack of memory on original pres.

It should be a "problem" of pre minuses in general then? If that`s the case it is totally understandable, that Palm won`t release officially for the original pre. As standard users, that don`t overclock, would probably much rather have a reliable pre with 1.4.5, than a laggy one running 2.1.0 (on 500MHz). They would also complain.

Marcel
  7. Fuu
    Pre- 500MHz 2.1.0
    Angry Birds start time 17sec.

i got a problem with the kernel-testing-feed.
    just followed the steps in the wiki, did exactly what it tells, but if i update the feeds after a reboot i get this

did it twice already, first using
    http://preware.is.awesome.com/
    second i tried
    http://preware.is.awesome.com
    (without slash), but no difference at all...

any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    I installed UK on my pre minus 2.1.0. Is it just me or does anyone else not really feel a difference
    I'm using 1000/500 Screenstate. I feel a HUGE difference. Granted I have a Pre Plus. But honestly difference is night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    Pre- 500MHz 2.1.0

just followed the steps in the wiki, did exactly what it tells, but if i update the feeds after a reboot i get this

second i tried

any suggestions?
    I think I had this error too when adding the testing feeds. You must do a phone restart after you add the feed. Then when you launch Preware the testing kernel should show up.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I think I had this error too when adding the testing feeds. You must do a phone restart after you add the feed. Then when you launch Preware the testing kernel should show up.
    I had problems with the domain preware.is.awesome.com/ so I used the real url:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/2.1.0/
  10. SashoDikov
    i get 5-7 seconds on a pre+ 2.1 on both 800 and 1000 clocks which makes me think i now have 90% of the experience that pre2 owners have, but this is not really a measure

on a side note the current thunderchief cannot run angry birds at all
    Just installed it this morning, feeling great. Performance definitely is increased with 800mhz. It's great to have this back again, it was the only thing I was missing

You guys are awesome. You stuck to your word, less than 24h.
    Sprint Love
    Pre- 500MHz 2.1.0

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QtCJh.png[./IMG]

second i tried

any suggestions?
    I have the exact same problem Did exactly what it said in the wiki (yes, I restarted the phone) but no help. Tried restarting several times but no improvement.
  13.    #2053  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I had problems with the domain preware.is.awesome.com/ so I used the real url:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/2.1.0/
    All problems with that URL mean that you didn't type the feed name in correctly.

Once the feed name is correct, the URL no longer matters, cause for the correct feed name it is completely overwritten on each boot.

And the reason why it is important to get the feed name correct is cause then the feed will automatically change to the correct webOS version when you next update the webOS version on your phone.

The instructions are correct. The instructions work. The instructions give the required result. But only if you follow them precisely.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Once the feed name is correct, the URL no longer matters, cause for the correct feed name it is completely overwritten on each boot.
    Damn, didn't know the feed name matters. Thanks
    I have to read more of the wiki's
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    FYI:
    precentral.is.awesome is only a placeholder!
    You have to use the correct url instead of precentral.is.awesome
  16.    #2056  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiller View Post
    FYI:
    That is not the case.

Read the Testing Feeds wiki page again, and read my post above again.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/01/2011 at 08:40 AM.
  17. Fuu
    All problems with that URL mean that you didn't type the feed name in correctly.

And the reason why it is important to get the feed name correct is cause then the feed will automatically change to the correct webOS version when you next update the webOS version on your phone.

The instructions are correct. The instructions work. The instructions give the required result. But only if you follow them precisely.

-- Rod
    I'll try it again, but I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions precisely.

FYI:
    no u dont have to, wiki says preware fills in the correct URL...
    read again.

Edit: Rod was faster :P
    FYI:
    Err, I'm not entirely sure that's correct. I was up at 2am.. and fumbling around on my Pre.. and I did a google search for 'kernel testing feed webos internals'.. brought me to this page. Alls I did from there was option click the link at the bottom and copy it into Preware.. and rebooted.. and the link changed on its own.

EDIT: A wild Rod appears with a $sudo STOMP
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/01/2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: lol
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

19. Fuu
    filled in again, still got the error.
    feed name is corrected btw...

maybe it has s.th. to do with german language settings!? if FischOderAal has the same error...

Edit: changing language settings wont work.
    Last edited by Fuu; 03/01/2011 at 08:30 AM.
  20.    #2060  
    filled in again, still got the error.
    feed name is corrected btw...
    [IMG]http://m.forums.precentral.net/

maybe it has s.th. to do with german language settings!? if FischOderAal has the same error...
    You will notice that the feed URL has been corrected in the screenshot.

It has nothing to do with language settings.
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/01/2011 at 08:41 AM.