Page 100 of 145 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2889
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1981  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    The CRC errors occurred when Preware started up and downloaded/updated feeds. Others have reported this as well. Right now I am not having this problem, but in my original post, I turned off all sources except the kernel source. It was a recurring problem, affecting Preware about 50 percent of the time I opened up the app.

"Now preware is giving repeated crc-errors. I just installed Preware by webosquickinstall 4.03 last night, after the second doctor. If I disable all feeds except webos-kernels, I can select install for uber-kernel."

I haven't found a good solution to (or discussion of) this problem with crc-errors reported as feeds are downloaded in Preware. When it happens the resulting package lists are all distorted and many packages - like UberKernel can't be found.

Since I am not having this problem right now, I can't be more specific. If you know of a thread that deals with that issue, I'd like it as a reference.
    Oh, that was simply cause the server for those feeds was down for that period. It's usually up, and is up now.

When we receive and install the new server that HP donated, we expect the downtime to be much less.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Good to know. Thanks Rod for all your work to make WebOS what it is. I am looking forward to upgrading to 2.1 when uberkernel is available for it. If it weren't for webos-internals I probably would have given up and traded down to android a long time ago.

-Mark
    Good to know. Thanks Rod for all your work to make WebOS what it is. I am looking forward to upgrading to 2.1 when uberkernel is available for it. If it weren't for webos-internals I probably would have given up and traded down to android a long time ago.

-Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post

-Mark
    same for me
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    In comparaison with version 1.4.5 the delay between sources of the kernel to make you working for the UberKernel and now the relase of the version 2.1??

The real question, I think I will wait that the UberKernel 2.1 will be release to upgrade my palm pre minus, but someone can tell when it will be release?

Thank's
    Alain (abellemare44)

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi

6.    #1986  
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    In comparaison with version 1.4.5 the delay between sources of the kernel to make you working for the UberKernel and now the relase of the version 2.1??

The real question, I think I will wait that the UberKernel 2.1 will be release to upgrade my palm pre minus, but someone can tell when it will be release?

Thank's
    It will be released within 24h of Palm releasing the 2.1.0 kernel source code.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It will be released within 24h of Palm releasing the 2.1.0 kernel source code.

-- Rod
    Thank's Rod

But how much time have you waited after the 1.4.5 version to obtain the source code???
    Alain (abellemare44)

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi

stupid question and probably answered before but, are we sure they changed the kernel between 1.4.5 and 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    stupid question and probably answered before but, are we sure they changed the kernel between 1.4.5 and 2.1?
    Yes! The kernel has changed.

Although there's nothing stopping anyone from using an older kernel. When users did that in the past, it caused overheating and slowness. (search the archives here).

And of course we don't support that.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Yes! The kernel has changed.

Although there's nothing stopping anyone from using an older kernel. When users did that in the past, it caused overheating and slowness. (search the archives here).

And of course we don't support that.
    Then it would be so hard to change the kernel? of the webOS 2.1????

i think will be great have the kernel you have released as the pre 1.4.5 ....
    like the pre 2, taken to 1.4 ghz....
    Quote Originally Posted by mbermudez View Post
    Then it would be so hard to change the kernel? of the webOS 2.1????

i think will be great have the kernel you have released as the pre 1.4.5 ....
    like the pre 2, taken to 1.4 ghz....
    Not going to happen.

Experienced users can easily do it. I'm not going to document how to do it since that will lead to flames and more questions if things don't work right. Besides, the packages won't let you install.

a Pre will never do 1.4GHz.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hey guys. I just found this link over in another thread...

Is this the source you guys need to make an UberKernel for 2.1.0?

Something is telling me it is...

Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

interesting...hopefully this is what's needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    interesting...hopefully this is what's needed.
    I think so.... down the list is:
    linux kernel (pre 2)
    linux kernel (pre plus)
    For anybody interested, this is the thread I found it in.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

hopefully one of the webos internals gurus can poke their head in here and confirm if that linux kernel (pre plus) is in fact what we need (would it even work on a Pre-?) Because 2.1 on a Pre- definately needs a little 'roid action.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Patience.... i'll have patches today.
    Live free or DIE!
    Patience.... i'll have patches today.
    Today today? As in not tomorrow today?

D-D-D-Dayumm you guys are awesome!

Also, I noticed you're from Boston. Does this mean you'll have the patch before or after the Celtics game? GO CELTS

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Today today? As in not tomorrow today?

D-D-D-Dayumm you guys are awesome!

Also, I noticed you're from Boston. Does this mean you'll have the patch before or after the Celtics game? GO CELTS
    probably during the game, after pounding a few beers... i work better while slightly intoxicated.
    Live free or DIE!
    probably during the game, after pounding a few beers... i work better while slightly intoxicated.
    Ohhmygoodness you are awesome. This means I cannot fall asleep during the game this time!