Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rev313 View Post
    I seem to get an error stating failed: device or resource busy; dont know what that is about. do i need to get a windows manager first before mounting?
    After which command do you get the error?

I sometimes get that error when unmounting the image if I try it too quickly after closing the X server.
    The error i was getting didn't seem to cause any problems as once i was in debian i was able to get a windows manager installed and started (after some intense reading).

I finally figured out that i had to set the DISPLAY INSIDE debian and DISPLAY had to be in CAPS. I must have read it wrong somewhere. Got it to work. Thanks for all your help. I think the mounting problem isn't really a problem as i am useing the deb.sh now and even though it gave me that error every time i used it i was still able to bring up the windows manager.
    how do you edit the start.sh? I am using novaterm to access my pre on my laptop as root.
    I tried using vi on novaterm but it just froze after it brought up the .sh. I wasn't able to edit it at all.
    Last edited by rev313; 04/28/2010 at 08:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post
    Come on. I'm trying to enjoy this thread, please lay off the profanity. There is really no need for profanity to express your joy. I am also very happy for this and I would really appreciate being able to read this in peace with the stress that profanity causes.

Thank you.
    To quote one of the greatest minds in our time. Mr. Erick Cartman.

"What's the big deal? It doesn't hurt anybody. ******-f**kety-******-******-******. "

I you are sensitive to profanity maybe the internet isn't the place for you. That is all.
    HTC 6700 > HTC6800 > Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Palm Pre
    I just tried precorder and it works great. So, I was wondering if its possible to run skype for linux under xserver and using the same apis precoder uses to extract audio from microphone.
    I finally had the courage and took the time to install X Server and OpenOffice on my Pre. WOW! I mean WOW! This is awesome.

Just so you know, we can also mount an Android image and do something similar with it as we did with this. In theory of course. Just Amazing! Thanks for all the help guys.
    Oh, just so you know. For the Windows Users, I will write STEP by STEP instructions of everything I have done. We had some good steps in this thread, but I will write it well enough for anyone to be able to do this, even the none technical folks. It will be easy, trust me. Just don't blame me if you brick your device.
    By the way. I got every single window manager I can think of on my pre. Does anyone know how to properly start up Matchbox? I want to try that one out.
    One last question... Landscape mode... How can I make it default to landscape mode? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    By the way. I got every single window manager I can think of on my pre. Does anyone know how to properly start up Matchbox? I want to try that one out.
    aptitude install matchbox

then you can run

matchbox-session
  11.    #151  
    One last question... Landscape mode... How can I make it default to landscape mode? Thanks.
    You'll have to edit a file as described here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2375812

It'll only be landscape or portrait, changing between both on the fly isn't supported yet.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    That did it. Thanks.
    Holey Sticks.... This is AWESOME i am so so happy right now this opens up a whole new set of options and software that can run on the pre... for example would love to have a version of pidgin running on the pre... WOW is all i got to say... Guess i need to go buy some books and start learning Linux...

Thanks to all and keep up the good work...
    Holey Sticks.... This is AWESOME i am so so happy right now this opens up a whole new set of options and software that can run on the pre... for example would love to have a version of pidgin running on the pre... WOW is all i got to say... Guess i need to go buy some books and start learning Linux...

Sorry about the double post browser hung (windows go figure)
    IF you make your image file about 2gb you can actually install Either Gnome or KDE from Aptitude and still have some space leftover for other files. I would love to make an 8gb image on there, but it just takes forever o transfer the file to the device after. I wish there was a faster way to do it.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    IF you make your image file about 2gb you can actually install Either Gnome or KDE from Aptitude and still have some space leftover for other files. I would love to make an 8gb image on there, but it just takes forever o transfer the file to the device after. I wish there was a faster way to do it.
    Because /media/internal is a FAT file system, you're limited to 4GB. Been there, tried that, waiting for the FUSE file sysem workaround that has been discussed.....
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    in matchbox~ is there a way to switch over to other open windows while viewing the "Desktop"?

i'm not finding any way short of starting a new application and then using the little menu from the upper left tab to choose another open window.
    Will this allow for ssh X forwarding?

edit: for an app running on a *nix desktop to the pre
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    It should. I think that was mentioned on the first page of this topic.
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post

Sorry about the double post browser hung (windows go figure)
    I've had pidgin in the staging area (it's been there since this was announced...) just some work needed to package it up and whatnot. Really that's blocking on the rest of the pieces. So stay excited/tuned, pidgin on your pre is in the future (or now, you can just apt-get it in....).
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast