Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    webos-internals i love you
    Palm needs to hire the WebOS Internal team... I'm not kidding.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    How well does the spreadsheet program work? That's my main use.
    It's not bad in landscape mode. Would be great with fatter scrol bars... Which I am working in.

- phil_bw -
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    OMG, OMFG... This is going to be huge, yous internalz guys always think of everything.
    Come on. I'm trying to enjoy this thread, please lay off the profanity. There is really no need for profanity to express your joy. I am also very happy for this and I would really appreciate being able to read this in peace with the stress that profanity causes.

Thank you.
    Can't find Xterm app to download. Any help?
    I for one am very excited just to have xterm. It works significantly better than terminal or terminus, and actually looks better too.
    Last edited by minego; 04/19/2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm trying to test this out, but I'm getting stuck with installing a window manager, like FVWM. I couldn't find any tutorials for installing to a Pre. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chowd View Post
    I'm trying to test this out, but I'm getting stuck with installing a window manager, like FVWM. I couldn't find any tutorials for installing to a Pre. Any ideas?
    Do you have the debian chroot setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post
    Come on. I'm trying to enjoy this thread, please lay off the profanity. There is really no need for profanity to express your joy. I am also very happy for this and I would really appreciate being able to read this in peace with the stress that profanity causes.

Thank you.
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post

Thank you.
    If you are being sarcastic I am having a hard time picking up on it. If not then I don't know what to say. There was no profanity in the post.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    how to use linux applications in landscape mode in xterm? its always in portrait. it there any command to change the display orientation?

thanks
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    so does flash work in the iceweasel browser????
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    gmoj1: you have to edit the startup.sh script in org.webos-internals.xorgserver. You'll see a line commented out that changes to landscape

ws6kid: the flash plugins are all currently for x86 platforms, so no
    Will we be able to use this on our Pre and a Windows Machine? I read the entire thread and see where it has the linux instructions. Just curios!!
    thanks Boraware works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Can't find Xterm app to download. Any help?
    look in the webosinternals wiki/home page. Search on how to add feeds to preware. Also search on xterm and you should find what you need depending on your preferred method.
    I have 2 possible *nix boxes, an apple TV & an iMac. My guess is I will find it easier to use the iMac, even though I have root access on the ATV
    Quote Originally Posted by chowd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    I too got stick at adding fvwm, I do have debian chroot setup and could ssh into another from that.

I was looking at apt-get, is that the right direction?
    I see some possible mis-direction in this thread. The original post shows the Pre running OpenOffice on the Pre itself. Very exciting, btw. But we are also discussing ssh'ing into other boxes and running apps remotely. A different process altogether. Perhaps split the threads, or try to be obvious as to which task is being attempted?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Yes. I have debian setup and installed. I followed this tutorial: Debian - WebOS Internals

However, I did receive an error when trying to complete the last step of sharing the display: mount -o bind /tmp /media/cf/tmp. Mounting failed due to "no such file or directory."
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast