Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    are there any issues that need to be fixed on Xserver v0.9.7?

If not when should this be pushed to beta or public feeds?
    This definitely can be pushed, sorry for sitting on this. Feel free to do so yourself, or bug me and I'll get to later tonight.

Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Awesome work. Thanks!
    xserver / xterm is broken for me with the update to xserver 0.9.7 on my pre+ webos 2.1.

xecutah shows up normaly, but when tapping on XTerm nothing happens and then shows the attached dialog after a moment.

I already deleted and reinstalled xecutah, xserver and xterm with Preware without success. All programs install normally but same error as descibed.

Where can I get the prior version of xserver??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I also have an issue with this on my Pre running 2.1. I've installed the 3 apps.

I go into xecutah, hit xterm and nothing happens. A few seconds later I get a v. brief black screen then it disappears. If I run "ps aux | grep x" I can see activity but I can't tell you what its telling me, however the process that launches does disappear.

I'm new to the world of webos but I really want to get this running to start using Debian/Ubuntu.

Thoughts?
    Hi,

I've been using Ubuntu chroot for a while and it seems that I can't use Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X, in both text and graphic(LXDE) mode. It turned out to be very inconvenient since I can't interrupt programs.

Do I need some settings to make those work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jon-doe View Post
    I also have an issue with this on my Pre running 2.1. I've installed the 3 apps.

I go into xecutah, hit xterm and nothing happens. A few seconds later I get a v. brief black screen then it disappears. If I run "ps aux | grep x" I can see activity but I can't tell you what its telling me, however the process that launches does disappear.

I'm new to the world of webos but I really want to get this running to start using Debian/Ubuntu.

Thoughts?
    This is happening on webOS v1.4.5

It is an issue that happened due to the v.97 release of Xserver which made virtual keyboard suport avaliable. Since Webos v2.1 and lower does not have any reference to the virtual keyboard that is where it is crashing.

I have an issue written up for it with specific on why it is failing and sent a message to the main developer. He has been busy lately though.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxff View Post
    Hi,

I've been using Ubuntu chroot for a while and it seems that I can't use Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X, in both text and graphic(LXDE) mode. It turned out to be very inconvenient since I can't interrupt programs.

Do I need some settings to make those work?

That is strange because this used to work. atleast for phones. what version Xserver are you running and what webos version are you running?

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    This is happening on webOS v1.4.5

It is an issue that happened due to the v.97 release of Xserver which made virtual keyboard suport avaliable. Since Webos v2.1 and lower does not have any reference to the virtual keyboard that is where it is crashing.

I have an issue written up for it with specific on why it is failing and sent a message to the main developer. He has been busy lately though.
    Do you have a fix available to send to him as a pull request on github?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jon-doe View Post

Thoughts?
    Temp solution:

Uninstall xserver and excutah

follow these links and install via preware:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9.6_armv7.ipk
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.3_arm.ipk

Voila! it works. The xserver is the previous version and the xecutah is the current version but must be installed through the link because preware does not recognize the old version of xserver as fulfilling the dependency of xecutah so it won't let you install the normal feed way.)
    jon-doe likes this.
    It looks like it's been a few months since anyone has done anything with the WebOS X server port, or mentioned anything here on the forums, so I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge from IRC or mailing lists somewhere regarding the state of the port.

Specifically I'm having the CTRL+C issue that was mentioned above (in that it doesn't work). Aside from downgrading the X server, and losing the more reliable keyboard input/"right click" gesture, etc, is there any other work around?

Just for reference, CTRL+Z, and other combinations, work just fine. Additionally, CTRL+C works in wTerm... so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the hardware.
    Just won't work, click on "Start Xterm ", got a splash.

Try to use the command and get the information bellow:
    palm-webos bin # Xsdl -noreset -nolisten tcp -retro -screen 320x480x24 $DISPLAY
    Xsdl: symbol lookup error: Xsdl: undefined symbol: PDL_SetKeyboardState
    Are the headers or the source used for the build publicly available? I need the X11 dev package but ipkg-opt, preware, and the git repo don't seem to contain what I need
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    Are the headers or the source used for the build publicly available? I need the X11 dev package but ipkg-opt, preware, and the git repo don't seem to contain what I need
    There should be a README in the package with the source location.

Look in the cross-compile.git repo.

-- Rod
    Xpost

Having issues starting xterm/xserver after copying includes from 0.6.5, is this coincidence or is this what broke it?

Getting logs seems to be futile
    --
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
    Xpost

Having issues starting xterm/xserver after copying includes from 0.6.5, is this coincidence or is this what broke it?

Getting logs seems to be futile
    What version of Xserver are you using on your pixi? are you getting any errors in /log/xserver.log I believe? does it load then crash, does it not even load? have to tried reinstall Xserver?

I know there is an issue with Xserver .9.7 for webos v2.x and lowers.

I read your others posts and I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with Xserver and the include files.

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    What version of Xserver are you using on your pixi? are you getting any errors in /log/xserver.log I believe? does it load then crash, does it not even load? have to tried reinstall Xserver?
    No. Those were blank, and .9.7. Xecutah did nothing at all when launching xterm. And several times.

I know there is an issue with Xserver .9.7 for webos v2.x and lowers.

I read your others posts and I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with Xserver and the include files.
    I'm compiling binaries for a package on my Pixi internally. The issue was that I had installed x11 packages via ipkg-opt and somehow this collided.

Now I'm building an lfs chroot. Cheers.
    --
    any chance of an update or manual method to force this into landscape mode for phones (pre3 in my case)? old solutions to this apparantly dont work/support later releases?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    any chance of an update or manual method to force this into landscape mode for phones (pre3 in my case)? old solutions to this apparantly dont work/support later releases?
    Xrandr could do it, last I remember on a full linux pc.

Doubt this helps but maybe it'll work. Never know til you try.

The project has been dead for two years now, afaikafaikafaik.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    --
    doesnt work unfortunatly.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526