Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    That would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgaikwad View Post
    after the latest update, nothing happens when I try to launch xserver from xecutah on the touchpad. I've tried restarting and reinstalling with no luck
    I think I experienced the same thing. For some reason, out of no where, when I ran xecutah and then xterm, it was just a black screen. It turns out that in the Tweaks setting, some how the foreground and background colors were both set to black. I changed foreground color to white and I was able to view xterm properly again!

I'm just not sure how those settings changed on their own to both black.
    Guys - I'm pretty sure SOMEONE had to have this problem - how do I get utf-8 working in xterm? I installed locale from Preware, exported LC_ALL to en_US.UTF-8 but still no luck. If anyone could just point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!
    Quote Originally Posted by klausa View Post
    Guys - I'm pretty sure SOMEONE had to have this problem - how do I get utf-8 working in xterm? I installed locale from Preware, exported LC_ALL to en_US.UTF-8 but still no luck. If anyone could just point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!
    you try xterm -u8 ?

then define a unicode based font?
    xserver_2011-16-09_221309.png - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Here is screenshot of what I'm gettting. If I run without -u8, it starts normally, but without unicode enabled, i.e. text mangled.
    Hi, I'm using ubuntuchroot with the .img file on the pre 3. I created it the way it's described on UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals but it's not restoring the .img mount on startup.
    When I uninstall the chroot via preware, manually mount the .img via mount -a and then reinstall the chroot, it works again. Any idea how to make it work on startup? Also attaching a screenshot of what happens when I try to start the ubuntuchroot after the phone restarted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Silly question: After I've started the chroot, about half the time the console won't accept text input. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it a bug?
    Also, anyone having problems where XTerm won't allow you to chroot into a disk image on a phone once the packages are upgraded to 0.9.3?
    Edit: .img mounts okay, XTerm opens fine, Ubuntu Chroot simply won't start. Pre 2, 2.1.0, AT&T. Yes I have read the documentation. I'll uninstall-reinstall Ubuntu when I get home to a wi-fi signal.
    Last edited by innocentbystander; 09/20/2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Also, anyone having problems where XTerm won't allow you to chroot into a disk image on a phone once the packages are upgraded to 0.9.3?
    I tried my UbuntuChroot today (from an img file) on my Touchpad for the first time after updating to 0.9.3 and nothing happened when I pressed the Start Ubuntu button. I haven't had time to troubleshoot, but I figure it's just something from my last install so I was planning on wiping out the filesystem for it and starting over.
    I just figured it out, I think the installation may not have completed the first time. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Ubuntu ipk fixed it for me.
    I just figured it out, I think the installation may not have completed the first time. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Ubuntu ipk fixed it for me.
    There does seem to be a failure mode where if multiple packages are updated at the same time, the new upstart scripts are not registered by webOS.

Try a simple reboot first. If that doesn't work, reinstall. If that doesn't work, let me know.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Did anyone try Unity (or at least Unity2D) or GNOME3 on their Ubuntu chroot? Those are supposed to be optimized for touchscreen input, and I'm curious to see if anyone got them to work. Probably not straight Unity or GNOME3, since those are resource-intensive, but maybe Unity2D.
    Guys i love you. I could spend hours saying thank you for your great work and the time you spend in developing new apps and improving webos. Webos is one of the best mobile OS and it's going to be better day by day due to such brilliant guys like you. THANK YOU, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH :-)

I hope you could dispense a few minutes to answer some questions, which emerged while installing Debian 6.0.2 on my Palm Pixi Plus.

1.) Some guys in this thread are talking about using VLC on Debian. But how can they do that without sound? If i try playing a MP3 via VLC I get no sound in Debian? Is that only a Pixi problem or is there anything I need to do for that?

2.) How can I leave LXDE after starting it? If I try the Reboot or Shutdown Button/Command nothing happens. Only the Logout-Button seems to do anything but it doesn't quits LXDE either. Due to this I can't unmount the Debian drives after starting LXDE once. I always get the "Device is busy"-Error.

3.) How can I use Debian in Landscape-Mode? I've read several threads dealing with that problem, but in all of those the solution is the same: Modifying the startup.sh in the xorg-folder. Although it sounds so simple it isn't possible for me due to the lack of xorg-server and the corresponding folder. The startup.sh doesn't exist, either it does not in any other X-folders. So how i can I do that without using the startup.sh?

4.) After starting LXDE the processor often starts running at 100% load and keeps this load for the entire session. Sometimes (very rare) the processor load decreases to a normal value, a few moments after LXDE started. In this case it only increases if a program is being started and the systems runs with acceptable speed. But often the processor stays at 100% which slows down the entire system and makes it pretty hard to use. Does anybody got any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Don_Marco
    Last edited by Don_Marco; 09/21/2011 at 09:32 AM.
    Another huge THANK YOU to all of you working on this. It's made my VNC port so much easier (and stable!) ^_^

Could I trouble you to write a small paragraph explaining how to make a separate app list itself in Xecutah?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There does seem to be a failure mode where if multiple packages are updated at the same time, the new upstart scripts are not registered by webOS.

Try a simple reboot first. If that doesn't work, reinstall. If that doesn't work, let me know.

-- Rod
    Reinstalling fixed it.
    Any easy way to get it to display landscape?
    Did anyone try Unity (or at least Unity2D) or GNOME3 on their Ubuntu chroot? Those are supposed to be optimized for touchscreen input, and I'm curious to see if anyone got them to work. Probably not straight Unity or GNOME3, since those are resource-intensive, but maybe Unity2D.
    I tried unity but it keeps crashing on me. Normal unity needs 3d acceleration as you said and 2d unity crashed after start script.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soruk View Post
    Another huge THANK YOU to all of you working on this. It's made my VNC port so much easier (and stable!) ^_^

Could I trouble you to write a small paragraph explaining how to make a separate app list itself in Xecutah?
    That's still in flux, so contact us in the #webos-internals IRC channel to be part of the development.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Reinstalling fixed it.
    Any easy way to get it to display landscape?
    For a touchpad, rotate the device before starting the app.

For a phone, no - it's hard-coded to portrait.

-- Rod
    Is X libGL support anywhere on the roadmap? What roadblocks does that prospect face?
    The ctrl+c doesn't seem to work on pre3 (latest webos). Toucharea+c don't do anything (ctrl+x and other seems to works).
    Any solutions ?

Anyway thanks for the hard work !