Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    I have trouble starting xserver on my Pre- with freshly installed 1.4.5, metadoctored to utilize the ext3fs partition.
    When I try to launch xserver through xecutah, the card disappears after a couple of seconds.

Next thing I tried is to run xecutah.sh from terminal.

Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.xserver/xecutah.sh
    _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
    _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/palm-webos-device:0
    _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6

Backtrace:
    Error:            Cannot open display ":0.0"
                      Exiting
    Unable to open display
    Unable to open display
    Where's the trouble?

Update: my problems are gone after a visit to the doctor...
    Last edited by emmbea; 08/07/2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: resolved
    WOOHOO! I was able to get this installed on my touchpad. I was able to get a java tool written by my department to monitor our production environment up and running as well! But, I noticed something funky when trying to login.

The virtual keyboard doesn't seem to care about having the shift key down.

I noticed this when trying to login to my java application, and trying to RDP into my machine as well.

Then for grins, I decided to just open up the ubuntu chroot and not even launch lxde and sure enough, shift key does nothing for me.

Did I do something wrong? Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks,
    Pez
    It's a known issue, thanks.

-- Rod
    awesome!! I was showing it to my boss, opened ssh to one of our unix boxes, tailed a log then realized...crap, no ctrl!!! Is the keyboard something that can be modified or not?

keep up the great work! You just made my day... and the day of my managers! (all of whom I talked into getting a TP)
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    awesome!! I was showing it to my boss, opened ssh to one of our unix boxes, tailed a log then realized...crap, no ctrl!!! Is the keyboard something that can be modified or not?
    We have not worked out how to modify the virtual keyboard. We have notified HP that a virtual keyboard that is missing keys is unacceptable.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    jack87, batcountry and Soruk like this.
    Glad for the Xecutah update today to remove those dialogs after every button press.

I was wondering though... would it be possible to have a set of resolutions in the Xecutah preferences, instead of hard-coding it? That way, we could have one for each keyboard size (instead of forcing it to XS) and also a fullscreen mode for when using a Bluetooth keyboard, instead of having a third of the screen black.

Just an idea, no idea how difficult that would actually be.
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Glad for the Xecutah update today to remove those dialogs after every button press.
    Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I was wondering though... would it be possible to have a set of resolutions in the Xecutah preferences, instead of hard-coding it? That way, we could have one for each keyboard size (instead of forcing it to XS) and also a fullscreen mode for when using a Bluetooth keyboard, instead of having a third of the screen black.
    This is definitely in the works, and you'll be able to change the size dynamically (as well as rotations) as well.

This includes a no-keyboard version, which would be ideal for bluetooth keyboard users .

No ETA, but it's on the agenda for sure!

As a temporary solution, if you're technically inclined and want a replacement Xsdl binary that has no virtual keyboard at all (say if you're a dedicated bluetooth keyboard user), PM me and I'll send one your way.

Thanks for the good ideas, and keep them coming!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    I noticed that there was an update that makes the backtick and other keys work. Good stuff! Any word on ctrl sequences for either the virtual or BT keyboards?
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I noticed that there was an update that makes the backtick and other keys work. Good stuff! Any word on ctrl sequences for either the virtual or BT keyboards?
    Still brainstorming how to do that.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    batcountry likes this.
    those updates are awesome! I can now rdp into my desktop without having to copy/paste, and I can freely navigate my unix servers too!
    Is there a way to get xserver full screen on touchpad when a BT keyboard is connected? anyone know if BT mouse works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    THat's the same problem of mine.
    It's not a matter of size of the partition.
    I used a 4096 kbyte image and still had the same issue.

During the ipkg installing and decompressing I suddenly find the entire phone frozen ...
    Have you found a solution to this? I am getting the same issue on my Pixi.

I ran the instructions here (UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals) for creating the image and mounting it. That goes fine, but when I go to install ubuntu it freezes up my phone. No matter how I do it.

Through Preware -> Phone freezes
    Through WOSQI -> Phone freezes
    Downloaded .ipk and tried using internalz -> Phone freezes

I have tried removing the image and creating a new one, but that didn't work.

Most of the time I just end up with a usr/share folder.

This last time, I got mnt, proc, root, sys, usr and var before it completely gave up and locked up the phone.
    Ok, I tried to install this on my pixi by using the metadoctor. I followed the exact same instructions I did to get this working on the touchpad (it works fine on there). It will not work properly on my pixi.

In my etc/fstab file I have

Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs ext3   noatime,data=writeback   0   0
    If i do a mount command I get

Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs on /media/ext3fs type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)

mount -a gives me

Code:
    mount: mounting rootfs on / failed: No such file or directory
    Kind of odd, but it seems to be mounted.

Ubuntu-natty-chroot folder has

Code:
    bin         home        mnt         sbin        tmp
    boot        lib         opt         selinux     usr
    dev         lost+found  proc        srv         var
    etc         media       root        sys
    A bunch of commands flash on the screen, but nothing gives me enough time to see what is actually happening. Any ideas?

EDIT: I was finally able to get a screenshot (just kept hitting opt sym P until I got one that caught it...)

Code:
    + chroot /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot /bin/bash Segmentation fault
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pezman726; 08/16/2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Ok, I tried to install this on my pixi by using the metadoctor. I followed the exact same instructions I did to get this working on the touchpad (it works fine on there). It will not work properly on my pixi.

In my etc/fstab file I have

Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs /media/ext3fs ext3   noatime,data=writeback   0   0
    If i do a mount command I get

Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs on /media/ext3fs type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=writeback)

mount -a gives me

Code:
    mount: mounting rootfs on / failed: No such file or directory
    Kind of odd, but it seems to be mounted.

Ubuntu-natty-chroot folder has

Code:
    bin         home        mnt         sbin        tmp
    boot        lib         opt         selinux     usr
    dev         lost+found  proc        srv         var
    etc         media       root        sys
    A bunch of commands flash on the screen, but nothing gives me enough time to see what is actually happening. Any ideas?

EDIT: I was finally able to get a screenshot (just kept hitting opt sym P until I got one that caught it...)

Code:
    + chroot /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot /bin/bash Segmentation fault
    I wonder if it's simply running out of memory or something, or perhaps the Ubuntu chroot binaries have some armv7-specific code in them that won't run on the armv6 Pixi. Dunno.

-- Rod
    hmm. It was in the armv6 testing feed. If you have any ideas I'd be glad to test.
    hmm. It was in the armv6 testing feed. If you have any ideas I'd be glad to test.
    It's a single tarball used for both the armv7 and armv6 feed, directly from ports.ubuntu.org ARM port.

You can try running the mount and chroot commands on the command line instead of via Xecutah and see if that gives more info.

-- Rod
    not exactly sure what commands I need to run...but i'll try and figure it out and get back to you!

edit: Ok, I give up looking. anybody got a command they want to throw my way?

edit again: I'm a moron, all the commands are right in the screengrab i posted! derp!

And with that...all I get is a Segmentation fault error. Not sure where I can look to see any other errors. maybe i should install lumberjack...
    YAY! Got a minicore...but I have no idea what it means...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pezman726; 08/17/2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Given recent news, what is the future of this development? The TP is going to be out there as a half million or so very cheap platforms... Should this xecutah model be finished giving Ubuntu apps under webOS, or will we simply go pure Linux/Ubuntu ??

I like my tp and could live with it a long time if had access to appscrunning at the linux level.
    this has to be THE coolest thing ever
    Rod,

any idea on that core dump I attached? I'm sure you've been busy and all, but do you think its only compiled for armv7 procs? Maybe there is another distro that'll work with v6?