Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 229
  1. #161  
    Respectfully, I ask:

    I need to restore the default feeds. Even if I uninstall and reinstall Preware Alpha, the feeds are not updated/restored to the defaults. I have tried deleting the feeds before uninstalling, but they still show up when I reinstall. I do appreciate the persistence of the feeds, but would like to restore the default set and start over.

    Where are the feeds stored?


    Thanks for the great app!
  2. #162  
    rod i tried removing accuradio and it didnt restore :/ i double checked to make sure idid everything right... any suggestions?
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Respectfully, I ask:

    I need to restore the default feeds. Even if I uninstall and reinstall Preware Alpha, the feeds are not updated/restored to the defaults. I have tried deleting the feeds before uninstalling, but they still show up when I reinstall. I do appreciate the persistence of the feeds, but would like to restore the default set and start over.
    Installation of the package manager service or preware alpha will restore the correct default feeds. Make sure you're using WOSQI 3.02 or later.

    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    rod i tried removing accuradio and it didnt restore :/ i double checked to make sure idid everything right... any suggestions?
    Was it in your Saved Package List before you removed it? The Saved Package List is not automatically updated yet - you have to hit the Update button to register any new applications.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #164  
    I've been using Preware for about a week now. So far it has been working flawlessly, and the speed it loads the feeds at is incredible compared to the old Preware. Great work guys!
  5. #165  
    I installed this when it first came out (ver 9.55), it installed without a hitch. It would not updated though, I'm am pretty sure I installed it through preware. So today I uninstalled it and tried re-installing it so I would have a up to date version, but it fails to install. I have tried using preware and QI, both get errors. I even tried doctoring the phone, and it still does not install. I also tried installing 9.55, but it also does not work.


    This is the preware error I get:

    Install
    An error occurred, return value: 4.
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.preware-alpha.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    Collected errors

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'install' operation


    Quick Install error is attached below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shalom
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen3712 View Post
    I installed this when it first came out (ver 9.55), it installed without a hitch. It would not updated though, I'm am pretty sure I installed it through preware. So today I uninstalled it and tried re-installing it so I would have a up to date version, but it fails to install. I have tried using preware and QI, both get errors. I even tried doctoring the phone, and it still does not install. I also tried installing 9.55, but it also does not work.


    This is the preware error I get:

    Install
    An error occurred, return value: 4.
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.preware-alpha.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    Collected errors

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'install' operation


    Quick Install error is attached below.
    WOSQI 3.1 has a problem installing things for some people. Try 3.02 or the latest 3.1.1 version.

    -- Rod
  7. #167  
    I now get this error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shalom
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen3712 View Post
    I now get this error.
    Yes, this is another known issue with WebOS Quick Install, and one of the reasons why we are making Preware Alpha installable using palm-install so that we don't need to depend upon third-party tools over which WebOS Internals has no control.

    To work-around this issue, you will need to re-install the Package Manager Service first, and then install Preware Alpha.

    Alternatively, you can use the Palm SDK and palm-install directly to install Preware Alpha.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #169  
    I still get the same error. I had already tried that two times before the doctor and two times after. I would usually install both Package Manager Service and Preware, this time I just did Package Manager Service. but still no luck.


    I just spent a good amount of time trying to get the emulator up and running, but can't figure it out for the life of me. VBVBVB $is$ $installed$, $and$ $I$ $have$ $downloaded$ $the$ $SDK$. $I$ $just$ $can$'$t$ $figure$ $out$ $how$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $palm$ $emulator$ $in$ $VB$.

    I'm giving up for now, I'll try again some other time.


    I appreciate you helping me.
    Last edited by fallen3712; 04/19/2010 at 01:40 AM.
    Shalom
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's a good question. Basically there is the patches.webos-internals.org portal, where patches sit until they are approved.

    There are a couple of people (all of which have full time jobs and families) who do that step.

    If a patch is not well-formed, it simply gets rejected.

    If a patch is well-formed, and does not contain any security vulnerabilities, and has all the associated descriptions and screenshots required, then the process from approval to the feed is largely automated, and takes a couple of minutes per patch.

    Since anyone on the internet can submit a patch, and since any patch has complete and unrestricted access to absolutely everything that is on or goes through your phone, then we do need a human review step.

    -- Rod
    By the way, I've observed that the entire homebrew community produces the most stable and useful stuff on the planet. You guys should be running Palm development. Your processes are better, your code is better, and your vision is beyond amazing.

    Kudos to all of you!
  11. #171  
    Does the Palm SDK need to be downloaded to take advantage of "palm-install"? or can one simply use it through a Start:Run: cmd promp once PRE is connected through a USB cable?

    EXAMPLE: (once in a command promp) The syntax would be: palm-install [filename.ipkg]
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkee8 View Post
    Does the Palm SDK need to be downloaded to take advantage of "palm-install"? or can one simply use it through a Start:Run: cmd promp once PRE is connected through a USB cable?

    EXAMPLE: (once in a command promp) The syntax would be: palm-install [filename.ipkg]
    yes, you need the sdk for palm install. it uses novacom in the same way wosqi does
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  13. #173  
    How's the alpha testing going so far? I have been using the alpha for a while and have used the old version and the alpha interchangeably (installed/removed patches and problems) with no problems. Just last week I got rid of the old version completely and have not looked back. The new version is much faster and is VERY stable. I can even interrupt the feeds at the beginning and reload Preware and have it work without having to do a luna restart.
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Feature Request: ability to remove individual programs/packages from the Saved Package List (maybe with a side swipe).

    As I'm trying to restore after a Dr. I found an old patch that has haunted me for 6 months (never uninstalled correctly and it's folder and ID have consistently shown in my installed patches, even after Emergency Patch Recovery) and...I forgot to remove EPR before I backed up, so that puts me in an unlucky loop when trying to Install All.
    I would love to see this as well, I just doctored last night and I have a patch that keeps failing and now it looks like I will be installing everything one at a time..
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    I would love to see this as well, I just doctored last night and I have a patch that keeps failing and now it looks like I will be installing everything one at a time..
    The code for that is in the git repo, I just have to find time today to release it.

    I got distracted by releasing a Kernel

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Feature Request: ability to remove individual programs/packages from the Saved Package List (maybe with a side swipe).

    As I'm trying to restore after a Dr. I found an old patch that has haunted me for 6 months (never uninstalled correctly and it's folder and ID have consistently shown in my installed patches, even after Emergency Patch Recovery) and...I forgot to remove EPR before I backed up, so that puts me in an unlucky loop when trying to Install All.
    Preware Alpha 0.9.63 now supports swipe to delete in the Saved Package List.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware Alpha 0.9.63 now supports swipe to delete in the Saved Package List.

    -- Rod
    Do I have a webcam around I'm not aware of?!? I *JUST* closed Alpha after updating it *as* the announcement of your post came in!


    :-)


    Thank you, Rod!

    M.
  18. #178  
    Ummm... where is this "Saved Package List" for me to swipe? Is this accessible through PreWare Alpha itself, or is there another app that needs to be installed?
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Ummm... where is this "Saved Package List" for me to swipe? Is this accessible through PreWare Alpha itself, or is there another app that needs to be installed?
    Last row on the main screen of Preware or Preware Alpha.

    You should read http://bit.ly/holy-grail-of-homebrew

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #180  
    O.o

    Wow. I really gotta open my eyes wider. Sometimes I feel like Brock from Pokemon...


    Thank you for you continued patience, Rod.


    M.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions