Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Feature Request: ability to remove individual programs/packages from the Saved Package List (maybe with a side swipe).

As I'm trying to restore after a Dr. I found an old patch that has haunted me for 6 months (never uninstalled correctly and it's folder and ID have consistently shown in my installed patches, even after Emergency Patch Recovery) and...I forgot to remove EPR before I backed up, so that puts me in an unlucky loop when trying to Install All.
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    So am I just being ignorant to something really obvious? Been at this for a while lol, starting to feel dumb.
    Go to the wiki and add the feed that is specific for the pre. Do not add the "all" one. It is listed a few down..

For some reason, when I added the "all" feed, the alpha was not listed as well.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Feature Request: ability to remove individual programs/packages from the Saved Package List (maybe with a side swipe).

As I'm trying to restore after a Dr. I found an old patch that has haunted me for 6 months (never uninstalled correctly and it's folder and ID have consistently shown in my installed patches, even after Emergency Patch Recovery) and...I forgot to remove EPR before I backed up, so that puts me in an unlucky loop when trying to Install All.
    Yeah, that one is already on the list. Anyone want to contribute some Mojo code for it?

-- Rod
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Go to the wiki and add the feed that is specific for the pre. Do not add the "all" one. It is listed a few down..

For some reason, when I added the "all" feed, the alpha was not listed as well.
    You need both URLs to get the complete testing feed.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, that one is already on the list. Anyone want to contribute some Mojo code for it?

-- Rod
    Awesome. Unfortunately I got no Mojo (knowledge).
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I am not currently working with WebOS-Internals on Preware Alpha, nor have I ever worked with them on Preware. Rod's opinion of WOSQI being "obsolete" is definitely not mine.

The main goal of wosqi since day 1 has been a cross-platform user-friendly alternative to palm-install, for the average user who doesn't use the SDK, nor need the SDK. In that sense, WOSQI remains successful.

This will be my final post on Rod's poor choice of words as I've said my piece to him over IRC. I will conclude this post reminding people I've had a long history of cooperation with WebOS-Internals and I doubt either of us are going away anytime soon.

On the topic of Preware Alpha, I do admit this is a nice step forward. Best of luck in its future
    i cant use the sdk because i have the newest version of v-box and i dont want to downgrade...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    i cant use the sdk because i have the newest version of v-box and i dont want to downgrade...
    The latest SDK works with the latest Virtualbox now.

Note that we have Java and .NET stand-alone installers for Preware too (see the wiki page for details).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    webOSqi doesnt work now...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  9.    #129  
    webOSqi doesnt work now...
    Yep, that's why we're taking steps to simplify the Preware installation to only depend upon official Palm tools or tools under our control. WebOS Internals cannot easily give support for tools written by Jason R (just like he cannot easily support tools such as Preware that he has no involvement with).

BTW, WebOS Quick Install is working perfectly as far as I can tell.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    no it wont conect to my pre...im in dev mode....tried to reinstall novacom.....maybe they will put preware in the app catalog....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    how do u use the palm install....im downloading the sdk right now....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    cant get the sdk to install....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  13.    #133  
    cant get the sdk to install....
    That's the point at which we say "The Palm SDK is an officially supported Palm product, so please visit the developer.palm.com forums for assistance, as the problem is very likely to be at your end if you can't install the official Palm SDK and get it to connect to your device".

It's a very effective way to diagnose whether the problem is with our tools (in which case we absolutely want to spend as much time as is required to diagnose and fix it), or whether the problem is at the user's end (in which case it is usually not time-effective for the developers to attempt to debug it, and we hand the baton over to the community to help each other out).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    so if i cant get the sdk to work and webOSqi doesnt work.....i want to install the older preware(non alpha)??
    Last edited by Jeffmcc; 04/07/2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typo...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  15.    #135  
    The installation prerequisites for Preware and Preware Alpha are mostly the same. You either need palm-install or WebOS Quick Install or the Preware Stand-alone Java or .NET installers or Linux command line access.

If you have a broken host computer that won't install the SDK or connect with WOSQI, none of them will be likely to work. Those things work for tens of thousands of people - we unfortunately can't fix your individual broken host computer.

-- Rod
    Rod,

Have you run into this error yet? I can't get themes to load from Prethemer with Preware alpha?

I didnt think it was Preware until another member voiced the same concern. Any
    thoughts on this? Here is the info i posted in another thread...

""I am getting an IPKG error when trying to install ANY theme from the Prethemer feed. I have norrowed it down to this as themes from other feeds do install.

I have done EPR and webos repair utility with no results.

anyone have any ideas?""

preware alpha
    sprint pre 1.4.1.1
    dozens of patches + 720 overclock
    ALL themes worked previuously (2 weeks ago)

Thanks!"

Thread error link... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...r-preware.html
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredwagonkid View Post
    Quick, and potentially stupid, question...

I've noticed after updating to the latest versions of both Preware (v0.9.35) and Preware Alpha (v0.9.58) that if I go into the App feeds, select the Pre|Central feed and select an app (for this example, I chose Geocaching for webOS), and I click Install, the Browser opens and brings me to the P|C page for the app. If I'm not mistaken, in previous versions, Preware would download and install the app from that feed.

But after a little further investigation, this seems to be an isolated issue with the Geocaching app. I just installed Timepiece and Wolfenstein Pre-D from the P|C feed without issue...

Also, I currently have PMS v0.9.45 installed, all running on a Sprint Pre with v1.4.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect it's something to do with applications that have the same appid in precentral and the app catalog. Authors are told by Palm not to do that, but they persist and it causes problems like these.

-- Rod
    For me, the following apps are behaving this way:

Timesheet
    Geotasks
    TimeTracker
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Rod,

Have you run into this error yet? I can't get themes to load from Prethemer with Preware alpha?

I didnt think it was Preware until another member voiced the same concern. Any
    thoughts on this? Here is the info i posted in another thread...

""I am getting an IPKG error when trying to install ANY theme from the Prethemer feed. I have norrowed it down to this as themes from other feeds do install.

I have done EPR and webos repair utility with no results.

anyone have any ideas?""

preware alpha
    sprint pre 1.4.1.1
    dozens of patches + 720 overclock
    ALL themes worked previuously (2 weeks ago)

Thanks!"

Thread error link... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...r-preware.html
    Screenshots uploaded here...http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2367782
    tried to use save restore from a previous phone and it is not able to restore the Preware saved package list.. it simply says "not restored" is there a way I can do this manually?

Otherwise I might have to use WebOS QI to restore my patches - and we don;t want that, do we? ;-)
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    tried to use save restore from a previous phone and it is not able to restore the Preware saved package list.. it simply says "not restored" is there a way I can do this manually?
    Make sure you run Preware once before running Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals