Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 229
  1. 8phooka8's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #81  
    Sprint|Palm Pre|1.4.1.1
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, there's no animosity involved between the two groups (in fact I'm chatting with Jason in another window right now), but we both just want to keep the identity of the two groups separate.

    There's plenty of work (and corresponding thanks I guess) to go around for many different groups in an open homebrew ecosystem

    -- Rod
    Let me guess, Jason's the cool dude who gets all the ladies?

    Just kidding, all of you guys are great. I only wish I had more to donate.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Let me guess, Jason's the cool dude who gets all the ladies?
    Yeah, Jason's the one with the looks. That's why you don't ever see me on the PalmCast Live video feed.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #84  
    Rod- I know this is a long shot, but is there any way to recover this information if not previously backed up? I found the Holy Grail a day too late, I had a weird hang, so I pulled the battery, and ended up with an almost stock Pre. I did a restart, and got everything back, programs, patches, etc...except all the meta data associated with the apps. Did I just get unlucky and all of that is gone, or could it be hanging out somewhere? Would Emergency Reconstruction help? The reset didn't seem to affect my USB partition. Thanks!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Rod- I know this is a long shot, but is there any way to recover this information if not previously backed up? I found the Holy Grail a day too late, I had a weird hang, so I pulled the battery, and ended up with an almost stock Pre. I did a restart, and got everything back, programs, patches, etc...except all the meta data associated with the apps. Did I just get unlucky and all of that is gone, or could it be hanging out somewhere? Would Emergency Reconstruction help? The reset didn't seem to affect my USB partition. Thanks!
    Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Rod -- I am getting a lot of freeze-ups during the "scanning unknown packages" process. This applies to the regular Preware as well, but it seems to happen more with the preware Alpha... Any idea why this would happen (it seems to be a different package every time)? Also, any way to add a "skip package" if it hangs up on a specific one?
    I found a cause for the freeze-ups during the scanning phase. It seems that some ipkg control files are larger than 4Kb! Proper buffer size limiting is now in place.

    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm getting these two bugs when I run Preware Alpha


    Update: Right after posting this, Preware Alpha loads fine. Thanks for looking though.
    This is also now fixed.

    Look for Preware Alpha 0.9.58 in the testing feed.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/06/2010 at 09:44 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #87  
    No luck, it actually did the freaky "default apps only" thing on me o_O for a couple of restarts. Sort of back in the same boat as before. I don't mind setting up my Dr. Podder feeds or my browser bookmarks, but I had a few important notes in Fliq Notes...

    Any other thoughts?

    Oh, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread, so nicely done on Preware Alpha! Things overall seem to be speedier and more stable. If I were to request a feature, it would echo what others have said: batch patch installs and organization of installed patches by type. Don't know how hard either of those would be, but I'm sitting happy (with Preware at least) for now.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    I don't mind setting up my Dr. Podder feeds or my browser bookmarks, but I had a few important notes in Fliq Notes...
    You need to start using Save/Restore, and add support for Fliq Notes.

    Oh, and I'm not trying to hijack the thread, so nicely done on Preware Alpha! Things overall seem to be speedier and more stable. If I were to request a feature, it would echo what others have said: batch patch installs and organization of installed patches by type. Don't know how hard either of those would be, but I'm sitting happy (with Preware at least) for now.
    Well, the Saved Package List and Save/Restore combination should remove the need for manual patch list installs.

    I could possibly put in a preference to have Installed Packages have a categories level just like Available packages ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I found a cause for the freeze-ups during the scanning phase. It seems that some ipkg control files are larger than 4Kb! Proper buffer size limiting is now in place.



    This is also now fixed.

    Look for Preware Alpha 0.9.58 in the testing feed.

    -- Rod
    I updated to 0.9.58 and still getting the freeze on scanning. This time it was on Dealert... I selected "update feeds" and that time it went through... will let you know if this happens again

    Adam
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I updated to 0.9.58 and still getting the freeze on scanning. This time it was on Dealert... I selected "update feeds" and that time it went through... will let you know if this happens again

    Adam
    Check /var/log/messages when it happens and see if /var/usr/sbin/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is restarting due to a segfault.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #91  
    is it safe to have preware and preware alpha installed at the same time or better to have one or the other?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is it safe to have preware and preware alpha installed at the same time or better to have one or the other?
    There doesn't seem to be any ill effect by having both installed.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any ill effect by having both installed.
    i have had couple problems already...1st time i installed it...i kept on getting random reboots so i removed preware alpha and that stopped...then i installed preware alpha again and feeds weren't loading correctly so i removed preware alpha again and its gonna stay out for now....normal preware is acting normal except patches are still not installing correctly
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #94  
    Here's my shout out of THANKS! to the WebOS Internals crew...

    Preware & MetaDoctor(among other things) are great stuff...

    Now, being able to effortlessly reinstall the numerous howmebrew apps I use after a doctor is huge, and the progress meter is a beautiful touch.

    .
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need to start using Save/Restore, and add support for Fliq Notes.
    Not a programing person, do you have a tutorial of how to add support for programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I could possibly put in a preference to have Installed Packages have a categories level just like Available packages
    I've seen some discussion saying this would be nice, especially when a patch goes crazy after an update and you're hunting for it out of a list of 40-50.

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Well, the Saved Package List and Save/Restore combination should remove the need for manual patch list installs.
    So, I had a patch that crapped out after 1.4.1.1 (SMS Tone Per Contact) and wouldn't let me update or uninstall, so I backed up everything with Saved Package List and Save/Restore, ran Emergency Patch Recovery, rebooted, restored and reinstalled (everything seemed to go fine until it came to a patch that I had sideloaded before it was in the feed, and it didn't want to install (just showed Downloading/Installing forever with no progress bar) but I back swiped out of it just fine, which was nice), rebooted...and I have no patches at all. I shows them as installed in Preware Alpha, but they are not showing up on my Pre. I happened upon the fact that EPR hadn't uninstalled itself (it's supposed to, right?) so I removed it, rebooted, and still no patches. Help!
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Not a programing person, do you have a tutorial of how to add support for programs?
    There are 40 good examples to follow

    So, I had a patch that crapped out after 1.4.1.1 (SMS Tone Per Contact) and wouldn't let me update or uninstall, so I backed up everything with Saved Package List and Save/Restore, ran Emergency Patch Recovery, rebooted, restored and reinstalled (everything seemed to go fine until it came to a patch that I had sideloaded before it was in the feed, and it didn't want to install (just showed Downloading/Installing forever with no progress bar) but I back swiped out of it just fine, which was nice), rebooted...and I have no patches at all. I shows them as installed in Preware Alpha, but they are not showing up on my Pre. I happened upon the fact that EPR hadn't uninstalled itself (it's supposed to, right?) so I removed it, rebooted, and still no patches. Help!
    See http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...thread-11.html

    Unfortunately, you reinstalled them all at a very bad time (not your fault).

    Fortunately, you're using Preware Alpha, so running EPR and hitting Install All in the Saved Package List should work this time now that the patches feed has been fixed.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Unfortunately, you reinstalled them all at a very bad time (not your fault).

    Fortunately, you're using Preware Alpha, so running EPR and hitting Install All in the Saved Package List should work this time now that the patches feed has been fixed.
    I do tend to have impeccable timing...

    I am very grateful to have Alpha around and about. I was able to reinstall all the patches except one (Slider Blocks Orientation Change: "reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R?, Apply anyway? (n) 3 of 3 hunks ignored--etc.). I had to install the last 6-7 patches individually because "Install All" in Saved Package List won't go past the failed install.

    Overall, I'm VERY pleased. Since I lost all my app data, I think I'm going to just Dr. my Pre back into oblivion and start fresh, but this will help me take HOURS off of my rebuild time. The thing I actually dread most is organizing 120+ applications in 6 cards, wish there was a desktop client for that =).

    Thanks again,Rod and team, for all the great work. I'll look for the tutorials and try and learn.
  18. #98  
    After 1.4.1.1 Preware freezes during scan of unknown packages. Tried reinstalling from quickinstall, problem still happening. It is totally randomly freezing at various programs as it is scanning Unknown Packages. HELP !!!
    Last edited by highlanderusa; 04/06/2010 at 07:22 PM.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by highlanderusa View Post
    After 1.4.1.1 Preware freezes during scan of unknown packages. Tried reinstalling from quickinstall, problem still happening.
    What usually helps me is to just go to the drop down menu and "Update Feeds". It sometimes takes once or twice. For some odd reason, it also happens less when I'm multitasking. Open up Preware, let it start its thing, and then move on to another card until it notifies me that Feeds have been updated.

    I haven't had the hanging problem with the Alpha build yet, so that might also be worth trying.
  20. #100  
    I have turned the option off for scanning unknown packages and that prevents the hang problem for me.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions