Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks a lot for all of your efforts! It running on my 16GB Pre3 now.

But on the Pre3, the font ist very small. Is it possible to configure XTerm to a larger font?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    But on the Pre3, the font ist very small. Is it possible to configure XTerm to a larger font?
    In X-windows clients like Xterm the client is defining font type and size, but those fonts come from the Xserver... so the answer to that question is in three parts.

Part 1: How can the Xserver support the larger fonts?

Part 2: How to install the fonts so the Xserver can access them?

I've come up with my own solution to parts 1 and 2.
    X Server on the Pre: Xserver and xfonts

But I believe that there is now an xfonts package in alpha and/or beta feeds. I haven't had time to test that yet and I'm not sure if Xserver supports it yet, at least not without those manual changes to Xserver.

Part 3: How to define the fonts for Xterm client?

Unless you are installing debian or ubuntu where fonts can be defined somewhere like Xresources, then you are using the WebOS Internals Xterm and I'm not 100% sure how to tell it to use the larger fonts, but I'm sure it can be done... just haven't tried it yet... most likely fonts can be defined here:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.xterm/xecutah.sh

The long term plan would appear to be using the Tweaks application to select the font for Xterm.
    Last edited by alex80386; 10/28/2011 at 07:00 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12