1.    #1  
    When ever I go and open the Preware app I get
    "Downloading Feed Information" like I did before the Web OS update but now it says underneath it that.
    pkg-preare.org/feeds/optware/all/packages.gz
    and I can let it run for hours and nothing happens and I can't get any apps.
    I hope some one can help me. I am new to this.
    Thanks
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue all of a sudden. Anyone have any ideas?
    Same here, it was working earlier. Probably somthing is going on with the server.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    WOSQI also reporting invalid URLs, so the server must be down.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Was having the same problem just now. Hope it's fixed soon
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Same
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    As of now the main webos-internals site is also down. Try again, later folks.
    it seems like historically, this happens closely prior to a release of a webOS update.. Not every time, but most..
    this time looks like was hardware outtage or something,all feeds are back up now, fast response from the powers that be!!
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 06/07/2010 at 02:51 PM.
    Hmmm...does the iPhone 4 and iOS4 now also cause competitors servers to go down?!?! :-( Talk about creating an unfair playing field!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    yup same error if you need to uninstall something change it to manual updates.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    I set it to Manual, and it actually keeps getting stuck at "Checking Service Access"... can't even get to the feed downloads! (and yes, I have rebooted the Phone, a few times!)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Same problem here. I hope it is back up soon, I ran WebOsDoctor and need to get my patches back
    Same problem here in Xenia.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Mine works again now. Crisis averted
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Feeds are indeed back up and running. Though it seemed like forever, it was fixed very quickly. Great job by the webos internals guys.