Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43 83888990919293
Results 1,841 to 1,848 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    But the filename in the tutorial is com.palm.app.facebook, I create com.palm.app.facebook.txt. When I try to fromdos com.palm.app.facebook, it gives me an error as that file doesn't exist.
    Again, the tutorial states: If windows added a “.txt” to the filename, make sure you remove that.

So, you need to edit the filename BEFORE you run fromdos to remove the .txt.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    poehoes likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    But the filename in the tutorial is com.palm.app.facebook, I create com.palm.app.facebook.txt. When I try to fromdos com.palm.app.facebook, it gives me an error as that file doesn't exist.
    when the filename is "com.palm.app.facebook.txt" you should run fromdos com.palm.app.facebook.txt

In a Windows txt-file a line is ended with a carriage-return. In a webos txt-file a line is ended in just a return. So fromdos convert all carriage-return in return and will not change the filename. You will have to do that yourself. The filename is the same as the name of the programme (actually App-id).
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Again, the tutorial states: If windows added a “.txt” to the filename, make sure you remove that.

So, you need to edit the filename BEFORE you run fromdos to remove the .txt.
    So I googled how to remove .txt and found this guide which gave me the missing steps: How to Save a File with Notepad Without the TXT Extension (thesitewizard.com)
    Once I did that, the rest of the tutorial worked, including my script, now attached here hopefully to be added to the next update.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    poehoes and Grabber5.0 like this.
    Script for "Auto Total":
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I just used notepad, too. And from the tutorial:
    You should use some proper text editor (no, Notepad doesn't qualify as one :-).

Maybe you could try using SciTE.
    As a first plus it has an option as to which line endings to use. Even more it has a command to change the current file's endings. So tofrodos is unnecessary.
    And if I remember correctly (now I'm under Linux, so can't test it) you can save a file without filename extension too.

It can be downloaded from here: Download Scintilla and SciTE It's around 1MB
    Down that page there is a windows installer too.

As a side note: if you plan to do anything more serious on your PC than point-and-click editing Word files, then you should use your Windows with filename extensions visible.

PS: Audemars02 are you still managing the script feed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    In case this helps anyone, I'm just now running Save/Restore from the command line. With a little bit of shell scripting, it's a breeze to run even without the GUI. I ran it on the command line, but this script would work too:

#!/bin/sh
    cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals/saverestore
    ls -1 | while read save; do
    sh ./$save
    done

...which just runs every script in there. It's humming right along now. I'm really going to miss a phone where disaster is averted with some simple knowledge. :-\
    Hey webOS folks,
    I'm in some sort of disaster with my frankenPre2!
    It won't boot and will likely need a doctor, but I created 2 new passwords in Keyring yesterday and was going to back it up today but my phone locked up last night and again this morning so it is stuck on the webOS Internals penguin and I wanted to try to run save/restore from novacom.
    I made a script like the above with the 1st line corrected to:
    cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore

but this doesn't seem to make any new archives.
    Could someone help me with a novacom command to just run the save/restore for com.otisbean.keyring?
    -Hoping for some help!
    --Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Hey webOS folks,
    I'm in some sort of disaster with my frankenPre2!
    It won't boot and will likely need a doctor, but I created 2 new passwords in Keyring yesterday and was going to back it up today but my phone locked up last night and again this morning so it is stuck on the webOS Internals penguin and I wanted to try to run save/restore from novacom.
    I made a script like the above with the 1st line corrected to:

but this doesn't seem to make any new archives.
    Could someone help me with a novacom command to just run the save/restore for com.otisbean.keyring?
    -Hoping for some help!
    --Thanks
    Here's the shell script I put on my phone with webOSQuickInstall:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    ls -1 | while read save; do
    sh ./$save
    done
    It ran and showed a lot of 'Application not installed' warnings for apps I don't have installed, but it didn't seem to make any new archives for the ones I do have installed. When I cd to /media/internal/saverestore and do an
    Code:
    ls -l
    all the mod dates are old... and if I cd into com.otisbean.keyring the ZIP is from my last backup...
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    SOLVED - Save/Restore Keyring from Novacom
    Okay, here's how to make a save/restore backup of your keyring with Novacom access to the device:
    Code:
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.otisbean.keyring save
    -modified from facebook example on the webOS-Internals wiki: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals

If that goes successfully (it seems a "+ exit 0" on the last line is a good sign), you can then cd to the zip location and ls to get the zip file name:
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.otisbean.keyring/
    Code:
    ls
    Note or copy that file name for the newest ZIP and add it to the end of the path you cd-ed to above - in My Case (Your ZIP filename will be different because it includes a timestamp!):
    Code:
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.otisbean.keyring/20160108T111325-0800.zip
    Go to webOSQI and Tools->Receive File.
    In the "File:" field paste your version of the below:
    *** Remember your file name will be different - it will NOT be "20160108T111325-0800.zip" ***
    Code:
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.otisbean.keyring/20160108T111325-0800.zip
    For destination, browse to wherever you want to stick that file on your PC and hit "Get From Device"

-Saved!