here are scripts for my apps:
    Picross
    Picross Demo
    sinceWhen
    sinceWhen+
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Minego's Freecell.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hey everyone... I realize that the Save/Restore app has not been updated in quite a while and that I have basically been MIA with making those update. It's really a combination of having a new child in the house, work that has been absolutely crazy these past few months and getting a new computer that doesn't have all the software I need installed and just no free time to get this done.

I will hopefully get some free time to focus on this in a couple weeks (if not sooner) and will see what I can do. So, if you can wait a little longer I promise I will take a look and try to get this done!

Adam
    Babies are unpredictable in their demands on a parent's time, so not to add to the pressure, but...how's it looking for pushing out an update? I'm hoping that iShelf (submitted back in 12/11?) will be included.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Hi Gizmo,

notworking here with 1.5.6. Because i was a little bit weak in my brain i lost now 4 MONTH of messages. The last backup with all files inside the zip is from April. i didnt recognized after that date, that the s/R-Script didnt work anymore. Dont know, which version of MWU it was. But i always updated, when the app told me. So when i look to the change log of amoralico, it should be version 1.5.2 or 1.5.3. (the version you said functioning for you).

The media and text-files are all in place, only the db-file is missing.

Is there any way to repair the installation, so MWU recognizes the existing files ?

Regards Achim from Giessen in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Made one for Mojowhatsup including mediafile backup, which can also be restored to another device for cloning the installation and having Mojowhatsup on e.g. Touchpad.
    More info here:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3372056

As long as it is not included in an updated Save&Restore package you have to follow these steps (on both devices if you want to restore on second webOS device):

* Exit the apps Save&Restore and Mojowhatsup
    * Download thread-attached zip to your PC / or webOS device
    * extract it (unzip)
    * move the extracted file "com.palm.mojowhatsup" to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/ (moving e.g. with Internalz Pro).
    * set the linux file rights of "com.palm.mojowhatsup" to the same as for the other script files there (especially set the execution rights +X)

You should then have a look if you really have the file here: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.palm.mojowhatsup
    Perhaps open it with Internalz Pro and check if it starts with

After that start Save&Restore. If Mojowhatsup is not apearing in Save&Restore, reboot and start Save&Restore again.

If it is still does not working, start reading this: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals from line:
    "2) Using webOS Quickinstall, select “Tools” – “Send File” and send this file to: "

After you have done all this on two webOS devices, you can transfer profile from one to the other: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st3374883.html

Version2. Now with saving of profile pics
    Version2.01 reuploaded with an extra “Hard Return” after “exit 0” and added restore note (tested up to MWU 1.5.5)
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    The version linked above should be version2 working on TouchPad. You have to download and extract it and add it to the path mentioned above. Try device restart.

hopefully it is added to an app update soon
    Well - it appears that mojowhatsapp (and others) are still not included in Save/Restore app.
    So - I guess - I need to do the manual steps myself.

Is there anyone else besides Adam who can release Save/Restore updates - and it there any plan for next update?
    Update?...Anyone?...Anyone?...Buehler?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    3 months later - it is Christmas time
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Update?...Anyone?...Anyone?...Buehler?
    anyone else ?
    I would like to add TimeLeft to Save/Restore. I understand that I have to write a script to do it. I tried searching for instructions for writing scripts, but I have not find any; maybe I searched for the wrong thing. Could anyone please tell me how to go about doing that?

Also, has anyone set up a method to get the backed up data up with the USB? I've used Archive Manager to zip the folder and as soon as I get my email back up, I'm going to mail it to my Box account; I've got that server certificate thing again which I gotta fix. If there's a better way to do this, I've love to know. I just don't want to have to hook my phone up to a PC to get my backup off of it all of the time.

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    I would like to add TimeLeft to Save/Restore. I understand that I have to write a script to do it. I tried searching for instructions for writing scripts, but I have not find any; maybe I searched for the wrong thing. Could anyone please tell me how to go about doing that?

Also, has anyone set up a method to get the backed up data up with the USB? I've used Archive Manager to zip the folder and as soon as I get my email back up, I'm going to mail it to my Box account; I've got that server certificate thing again which I gotta fix. If there's a better way to do this, I've love to know. I just don't want to have to hook my phone up to a PC to get my backup off of it all of the time.

Thanks...
    Ok, I was able to get my SaveRestore backup off of my 'stuck' 2, copy it over to my 3 and restore stuff. I got most of my stuff installed -- all except for Data Manager and Shopping Manager. The best thing ever is that TealSpeed was reloaded! I hated having to rebuild those from scratch EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!! I'm still trying to figure out why Data and Shopping are not reloading even though they were backed up.

I also found where the info for creating scripts is so I am going to try writing one for TaskMaster.

Thanks to everyone for their help!~
    hulickr likes this.
    Ok, where would I post a complaint about Save/Restore, because of what I consider the important things, I was NOT able to get them back, meaning that I now have to manually rebuild a very big database and I have to again figure out everything that I had in Tealspeed. I didn't bother to write them down last time because Save/Restore was supposed to be able to put them back for me.

Sorry, but I'm not very happy right now. I tried everything everyone listed on the other page that I was working with, plus a couple of more things that I come up with and I still don't have what I would consider my important data back. Oh, and I didn't even get my icons back into the order that they started out in, so I had to dag everything back from the first page.

At a total loss here.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    Ok, where would I post a complaint about Save/Restore, because of what I consider the important things, I was NOT able to get them back, meaning that I now have to manually rebuild a very big database and I have to again figure out everything that I had in Tealspeed. I didn't bother to write them down last time because Save/Restore was supposed to be able to put them back for me.

Sorry, but I'm not very happy right now. I tried everything everyone listed on the other page that I was working with, plus a couple of more things that I come up with and I still don't have what I would consider my important data back. Oh, and I didn't even get my icons back into the order that they started out in, so I had to dag everything back from the first page.

At a total loss here.....
    Ok, I took a chill pill, saw the last thing I did here and started over by getting rid of every saverestore item on 3 and copied the last one from the 2 and restored from there. Got my Data Manager back, my GCal works and now i just have to sign in to my emails again. Sorry and thanks guys.

I still have my question though: can you not keep multiple copies of backups and must they always keep the file name, with no alterations?
    I recently had to doctor my Pre3 and found my main Bible app (Bible Reader KJV) is no longer in the app catalog. I've had BibleZ Pro HD from when I beta tested it, but the backup function has never worked on the Pre3 or my TouchPad. I see Save/Restore has BibleZ and BibleZ Pro, can I request Pro HD be added OR can someone share what Save/Restore copies in BibleZ and Pro so I can manually copy it myself? I take too many notes to use an app I can't backup!
    Thanks
    It looks like the filename is the same as BibleZ Pro, just with the addition of .enyo at the end. I found the script for BibleZ Pro in the Save/Restore github, but I can't follow the directions in the wiki to make my own script adding HD to the app name. The fromdos command does nothing and I can't open the phone command prompt with the novacom command they specify. Can I use novaterm?
    Last edited by broncot; 10/06/2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: tried to make my own script.......failed......
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Anybody?
    I can't figure out how to write a script! Looking at other scripts people have posted, they're not .txt files.
    Can someone please help!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Anybody?
    I can't figure out how to write a script! Looking at other scripts people have posted, they're not .txt files.
    Can someone please help!
    yes, the script files are txt-fils but in webos (actually linux) you don't have to use the extension .txt. So just open them in your favorite text-editor...
    Anybody?
    Can someone please help!
    Here is a tutorial i wrote up many many moons ago about how to write a Script. see post 341 ( Save/Restore Community Development ) for details

it's a bit outdated because there were some other options that were added to the file that added but didnt make it back to the tutorial (like specifying minimum or max webOS versions), but the tutorial should still work for the most part. Obviously, with webOS basically being dead and most of us moving to other platforms, we havent really kept up much with these apps.

good luck

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Here is a tutorial i wrote up many many moons ago about how to write a Script. see post 341 ( Save/Restore Community Development ) for details

it's a bit outdated because there were some other options that were added to the file that added but didnt make it back to the tutorial (like specifying minimum or max webOS versions), but the tutorial should still work for the most part. Obviously, with webOS basically being dead and most of us moving to other platforms, we havent really kept up much with these apps.

good luck

Adam
    I read that and the steps on the wiki, but it doesn't explain what program to write the script in. I did it in notepad, but Windows saves it as a .txt file. Is the fromdos command supposed to change it? I looked at the scripts posted by others here and windows doesn't recognize the file type. That's really all the help I need is where to create the script.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    I read that and the steps on the wiki, but it doesn't explain what program to write the script in. I did it in notepad, but Windows saves it as a .txt file. Is the fromdos command supposed to change it? I looked at the scripts posted by others here and windows doesn't recognize the file type. That's really all the help I need is where to create the script.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    I just used notepad, too. And from the tutorial:

So, now you have a script. However, because of the way the Windows treats Line Endings is different than how Linux treats line endings, you need to do the following:
    1) Copy the script to the directory that you have the “tofrodos” application. If windows added a “.txt” to the filename, make sure you remove that. Then, in the 2nd windows command prompt (the one where you changed to the “tofrodos” folder), you need to run the following command: “Fromdos scriptname”. So, for the example above:
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I just used notepad, too. And from the tutorial:
    But the filename in the tutorial is com.palm.app.facebook, I create com.palm.app.facebook.txt. When I try to fromdos com.palm.app.facebook, it gives me an error as that file doesn't exist.