Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41 818687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1801  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    In case this helps anyone, I'm just now running Save/Restore from the command line. With a little bit of shell scripting, it's a breeze to run even without the GUI. I ran it on the command line, but this script would work too:

    #!/bin/sh
    cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals/saverestore
    ls -1 | while read save; do
    sh ./$save
    done

    ...which just runs every script in there. It's humming right along now. I'm really going to miss a phone where disaster is averted with some simple knowledge. :-\
    Good to see you using the worst case disaster recovery support exactly as intended.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #1802  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    To whom it may concern,

    If someone has the time to create a script that backup/restore can use to backup the following file:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/application/com.motionapps.app.classic/javascript/support_info.jsjsjs

    This file contains the license key and if backed up and restored will allow someone to doctor their device many times and restore their key back...

    Updated to a new script provided by Adam tested on PixiPlus/PrePlus/Pre2/Pre3. Works to backup the license key.
    Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction to be able to use the program that I already bought on my new pre. I just have one question. I am no a great hacker or programer, but I understand enough to be dangerous. I had used save and restore to backup my old pre and copied the entire file system over to my computer before I brought my new one into verizon to activate it. Now that the new one is acitvated I can not get into my old one. I am not sure what to do with this file that I down loaded to get the key on my new pre. What I think is to take my old restorebackup directory and place it in the new pre and also put the downloaded file into the restorebackup directory now moved onto my new pre and then do a total resore?

    I am sorry for bothering you on what may me something I should know, but I just do not do this often. I know you sent me this info a while ago, but I am one of those people stuck up in the northeast and this has been my first time that I have had to get on a computer and try this. Again, thank you so much.
  3. #1803  
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm dearly missing tasks and memos. Export would totally be enough as I'm just searching for a way to get these things off my device.

    This seems like a fantastic project!
  4. #1804  
    Is it possible to support MojoWhatsup?

    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3355606
  5. #1805  
    I need to backup my pre. There are 91 pages of posts here, with each page consisting of several posts, but I don't have time to read them all. To anyone who already has, what is the present way to backup the palm pre? Which posts are relevant. Can someone who is following this post hyperlinks to the actual posts I need to use to back up the palm pre today? Thanks.

    Jason
    twitter com /jasontaylor7 A fresh post each day!
  6. #1806  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
    I need to backup my pre. There are 91 pages of posts here, with each page consisting of several posts, but I don't have time to read them all. To anyone who already has, what is the present way to backup the palm pre? Which posts are relevant. Can someone who is following this post hyperlinks to the actual posts I need to use to back up the palm pre today? Thanks.

    Jason
    Check out my article on backing up and restoring your webOS devices.. The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  7. #1807  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
    Can someone who is following this post hyperlinks to the actual posts I need to use to back up the palm pre today?
    If you're backing up to a Windows computer, this forum thread gives instructions how to automate backup to your PC of more than just the app data files; note that it links to the Definitive Guide article on Preware, too.

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  8. #1808  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day
    Will we ever see any more S/R updates with new scripts? I know for a fact that several scripts were submitted last Dec that have never seen the light of day.

    If that's just been a back burner project, I understand--just curious (and hopeful).

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  9. jrronimo's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1809  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    In case this helps anyone, I'm just now running Save/Restore from the command line. With a little bit of shell scripting, it's a breeze to run even without the GUI. I ran it on the command line, but this script would work too:

    #!/bin/sh
    cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals/saverestore
    ls -1 | while read save; do
    sh ./$save
    done

    ...which just runs every script in there. It's humming right along now. I'm really going to miss a phone where disaster is averted with some simple knowledge. :-\
    This is EXACTLY what I need right now. My pre2 won't boot past the HP logo, but I can access it via novaterm and get data with winscp. I want to doctor, but I want to make a backup, first.

    I seem to have a little trouble, though. Here's what I did:
    I entered the script by hand into a file, /media/internal/save.sh. (In the second line, I put cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore, rather than /saverestore, since I think that's just a bug?)
    I tried running the script with "sh save.sh".
    It ran through the script and said "blah blah is not installed" for pretty much everything (since I don't have everything installed, heh), but I don't a saverestore folder. I do have Angry Birds and the Glu Transformers game, so I would expect at least *some* data would be backed up.

    Any thoughts? Did I do something wrong? Thanks so much for this in the first place! It's really super helpful. To be honest, the data that would be lost if I can't get this to work is nothing I can't live without; this is more the "would be nice to have" portion of phone-data-recovery, before I Doctor.
    Last edited by jrronimo; 01/02/2013 at 04:29 AM.
  10. jrronimo's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #1810  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrronimo View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I need right now. My pre2 won't boot past the HP logo, but I can access it via novaterm and get data with winscp. I want to doctor, but I want to make a backup, first.

    I seem to have a little trouble, though. Here's what I did:
    I entered the script by hand into a file, /media/internal/save.sh. (In the second line, I put cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore, rather than /saverestore, since I think that's just a bug?)
    I tried running the script with "sh save.sh".
    It ran through the script and said "blah blah is not installed" for pretty much everything (since I don't have everything installed, heh), but I don't a saverestore folder. I do have Angry Birds and the Glu Transformers game, so I would expect at least *some* data would be backed up.

    Any thoughts? Did I do something wrong? Thanks so much for this in the first place! It's really super helpful. To be honest, the data that would be lost if I can't get this to work is nothing I can't live without; this is more the "would be nice to have" portion of phone-data-recovery, before I Doctor.
    Ah-HA! Figured it out.

    So, the way the script is originally written:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals/saverestore
    ls -1 | while read save; do
    sh ./$save
    done
    all it does is run each script without any arguments. However, from the documentation, each script needs an argument, such as "save".

    So, to run every script with the "save" argument to make a backup, this would be a correct script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore
    ls -1 | while read save; do
    sh ./$save save
    done
    On my machine, it generates a lot of errors and novaterm stops responding after a bit, but when I look in the saverestore folder, there seems to be lots saved.

    So, for people as noobish as me, here's what you need to do to run saverestore from a command line:
    1. Gain access to the command line. You'll probably end up there via novaterm or putty if you can't use your phone directly.
    2. Enter the second version of the script in this post into vi. A command is: "vi /media/internal/save.sh" Press 'i' to be able to start typing. To quit & save: press ESC, then ":wq", then Enter. (no quotes around :wq)
    3. type "/media/internal/save.sh"
    4. copy the saverestore folder off of your phone!
  11. #1811  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjastorm View Post
    This (what?) might be a good information and possible to occur in a different period to the various solutions (which?).....
    Huh??
  12. #1812  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi-Man View Post
    Is it possible to support MojoWhatsup?

    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3355606
    Made one for Mojowhatsup including mediafile backup, which can also be restored to another device for cloning the installation and having Mojowhatsup on e.g. Touchpad.
    More info here:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3372056

    As long as it is not included in an updated Save&Restore package you have to follow these steps (on both devices if you want to restore on second webOS device):

    * Exit the apps Save&Restore and Mojowhatsup
    * Download thread-attached zip to your PC / or webOS device
    * extract it (unzip)
    * move the extracted file "com.palm.mojowhatsup" to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/ (moving e.g. with Internalz Pro).
    * set the linux file rights of "com.palm.mojowhatsup" to the same as for the other script files there (especially set the execution rights +X)

    You should then have a look if you really have the file here: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.palm.mojowhatsup
    Perhaps open it with Internalz Pro and check if it starts with
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID=`basename $0`
    ...
    exit 0
    After that start Save&Restore. If Mojowhatsup is not apearing in Save&Restore, reboot and start Save&Restore again.

    If it is still does not working, start reading this: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals from line:
    "2) Using webOS Quickinstall, select “Tools” – “Send File” and send this file to: "

    After you have done all this on two webOS devices, you can transfer profile from one to the other: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st3374883.html

    Version2. Now with saving of profile pics
    Version2.01 reuploaded with an extra “Hard Return” after “exit 0” and added restore note (tested up to MWU 1.5.6)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sshaka likes this.
  13. #1813  
    Save/Restore Script for AquaVenture...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. #1814  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    As long as it is not in an updated Save&Restore package, ...
    Version2 online. Now with saving of profile pics
    What is needed to get this (version2) updated in Save&Restore package ?
    I'd like to try this and use MWU from TouchPad too. But MWU does still not show under Supported Applications in Save/Restore.
  15. #1815  
    Hey everyone... I realize that the Save/Restore app has not been updated in quite a while and that I have basically been MIA with making those update. It's really a combination of having a new child in the house, work that has been absolutely crazy these past few months and getting a new computer that doesn't have all the software I need installed and just no free time to get this done.

    I will hopefully get some free time to focus on this in a couple weeks (if not sooner) and will see what I can do. So, if you can wait a little longer I promise I will take a look and try to get this done!

    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
    sshaka likes this.
  16. #1816  
    Hey everyone... I realize that the Save/Restore app has not been updated in quite a while and that I have basically been MIA with making those update. It's really a combination of having a new child in the house, work that has been absolutely crazy these past few months and getting a new computer that doesn't have all the software I need installed and just no free time to get this done.

    I will hopefully get some free time to focus on this in a couple weeks (if not sooner) and will see what I can do. So, if you can wait a little longer I promise I will take a look and try to get this done!

    Adam
    Hi Adam,
    Please dont forget the ProjectMacaw save/restore script that comes with the app. If you could include that officially that would be awesome.

    Thanks,
    Baldric


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  17. #1817  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    What is needed to get this (version2) updated in Save&Restore package ?
    I'd like to try this and use MWU from TouchPad too. But MWU does still not show under Supported Applications in Save/Restore.
    The version linked above should be version2 working on TouchPad. You have to download and extract it and add it to the path mentioned above. Try device restart.

    hopefully it is added to an app update soon
  18. #1818  
    Save/Restore Script for Sparkle 2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    horzel and cbosdell like this.
  19. #1819  
    Hello,

    I'm trying to install the save-restore script for mojowhatsup. I'd like to save on my pre2, and restore on my touchpad.Both have a running Save/restore app, but on the touchpad I have no /var/svc/saverestore-path. But the app tells me the (supported) applications heve been backupped. Should I look elsewhere? Or is something wrong?
  20. #1820  
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    Hello,

    I'm trying to install the save-restore script for mojowhatsup. I'd like to save on my pre2, and restore on my touchpad.Both have a running Save/restore app, but on the touchpad I have no /var/svc/saverestore-path. But the app tells me the (supported) applications heve been backupped. Should I look elsewhere? Or is something wrong?
    It could be touchpad Internals Pro does cut off the last lines in a long directory and you can't access them. Try "Commander" by artxxork (Preware) as filemanager instead or use terminal.

    Also read new instructions after script install, for restore on different device: MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions