Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4080858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    My VZW Pre2 died and on my new Pre2 I am unable to get Save/Restore to show anything in the Restore Application Data section. Once Save/Restore runs it seems to wipe out all the zips that were in the saverestore folder. I have replaced the saverestore folder several times but the Save/Restore app apparently does not like it. Any advice would be appreciated.
    The problem has appeared on my Pre2 after today's update to Save/Restore. Prior to the update all was fine, but now nothing shows in the 'Restore Application Data' section.

PS: All seems to be fine on the Pre3 even after the update. The problem seems to be only on the Pre2.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The problem has appeared on my Pre2 after today's update to Save/Restore. Prior to the update all was fine, but now nothing shows in the 'Restore Application Data' section.

PS: All seems to be fine on the Pre3 even after the update. The problem seems to be only on the Pre2.
    Hope someone has an idea I was counting on heavily on using Save/Restore.
    Last edited by noseph; 04/11/2012 at 08:46 AM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

Try this:
    Go into preware, find Save/restore, choose "remove"
    reboot your device
    reinstall save/restore
    make sure you have the saverestore folder on your device
    launch save/restore

any luck?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Hope someone has an idea I was counting on heavily on using Save/Restore.
    also, if you want to test to see if this is an issue with the latest update, you can remove Save/restore, turn off the Beta Apps feed, and then refresh your feeds. Reinstall the 1.6.0 version of the app and see if it works and report back
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    also, if you want to test to see if this is an issue with the latest update, you can remove Save/restore, turn off the Beta Apps feed, and then refresh your feeds. Reinstall the 1.6.0 version of the app and see if it works and report back
    I have been reinstalling the 1.6.0 version, I am trying to get my info on to a new Pre2. The saverestore may have been created with the beta on my dead Pre2, I seem to remember a update recently. I will enable the beta feed later today and give that a try.

is it safe to delete the save/restore folder and create a new one so I can start a fresh Save of supported apps?

just doctored and used what I needed in the folder....had no backup from profile so I had to rebuild contacts and contact photos....all my apps are restored!

edit.....I deleted the app.....then deleted the folder on the USB drive....re-downloaded and saved :-)
    Last edited by kataran; 04/12/2012 at 09:58 AM.
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    No go! Same results with 1.6.1. From looking in the lattest zips in the saverestore\org.webosinternals.preware\.20420440t165357-0400.zip\ipkg it looks like I did not have the beta feeds enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I will try to grab the other scripts in the forum later this week.
    Please be sure to include the iShelf script, assuming that all the issues have been worked out with the appdev.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i have a verizon pre2 and just doctored my phone, i followed all the directions perfectly,
    but the preware list is not coming back, what can i do? i really counted on that i dont have any other list to know all my patches etc. that i had installed, what can i do about it
    Hello All!

I searched but could not find the download link for this app save/restore.

Please guide me to the link.

Thanks.
  11.    #1791  
    http://bit.ly/phd-ac will take you to the Preware Homebrew Documentation app which has step by step instructions.

-- Rod
    @Rod: We've been hearing about a pending update containing new scripts for months now, but it hasn't been forthcoming. Any word on when it might come out?

In particular, I'm waiting for the iShelf script, which the appdev submitted back in December at my behest. Any chance it will be included in the next update?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    http://bit.ly/phd-ac will take you to the Preware Homebrew Documentation app which has step by step instructions.

-- Rod
    This link is for the Preware Documentation and I already know how to use Preware.

I am looking for the link for the Save/Restore App.

Thanks.
  14.    #1794  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post
    This link is for the Preware Documentation and I already know how to use Preware.

Thanks.
    The Preware Homebrew Documentation app also contains a section which describes Save/Restore.

If you have Preware already installed, then just select the Save/Restore app for installation in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jhussain1 View Post

Thanks.
    There is no "link" per se for Save/Restore. If you already have Preware then you must have figured out by now that Preware is like an "App Catalog" for homebrew packages. Since Save/Restore is a homebrew package you can find, download, and install it from Preware.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've written a nodejs script (two .jsjsjs $file$) $to$ $backup$ $the$ $SMS$ $message$ $in$ $db8$, $the$ $result$ $is$ $a$ $html$ $file$ $that$ $have$ $similar$ $format$ $as$ $the$ $original$ $messaging$ $backup$ $for$ $webOS$ $1$.$x$.

I have also written a shell script to allow Save/Restore to call nodejs script, but I am not sure it fit the format of a Save/Restore script. There are three questions,
    1. It contains one shell script plus two jsjsjs $file$, $but$ $most$ $of$ $the$ $backup$ $script$ $attached$ $contain$ $only$ $one$ $file$.
    2. It call another program for backup (node), should the script utilize the Save/Restore build-in function only?
    3. It has the same file name as the original webOS 1.4.5 backup script (thus will override it)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rcmarvin; 08/26/2012 at 06:06 AM. Reason: updated with fix from Erazor
    blunt_blade likes this.
    Now there are so many free online storage options (Google, Dropbox, UbuntuOne etc.) how about the option of entering your account details in the Save/Restore and scheduling an online backup of the Save/Restore folder?

Even better, the option to select other folders in the USB partition to backup too.

Obviously quite a substantial feature request! But with this functionality you could truly restore even a totally lost or destroyed phone's installation to a new device (in conjunction with your HP webOS profile).
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    T-Pad likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmarvin View Post
    I've written a nodejs script (two .jsjsjs $file$) $to$ $backup$ $the$ $SMS$ $message$ $in$ $db8$, $the$ $result$ $is$ $a$ $html$ $file$ $that$ $have$ $similar$ $format$ $as$ $the$ $original$ $messaging$ $backup$ $for$ $webOS$ $1$.$x$, $plus$ $a$ $json$ $file$ $containing$ $raw$ $data$ $as$ $shown$ $in$ $Impostah$.

I have also written a shell script to allow Save/Restore to call nodejs script, but I am not sure it fit the format of a Save/Restore script. There is three questions,
    1. It contains one shell script plus two jsjsjs $file$, $but$ $many$ $of$ $the$ $backup$ $script$ $attached$ $contain$ $only$ $one$ $file$.
    2. It call another program for backup (node), does the script only utilize the Save/Restore build-in function?
    3. It has the same file name as the original webOS 1.4.5 backup script (thus will overwrite it)
    Hi rcmarvin, thanks for this.

I was looking for something to backup my messages from my old pre- running webOS 2.1.0.

Two issues I found with the script, firstly the last line in com.palm.message.jsjsjs $was$ $throwing$ $out$ $an$ $error$, $so$ $I$ $changed$ $it$ $to$ $module$.$exports$=$smsmessage$; $not$ $sure$ $if$ $this$ $is$ $correct$, $but$ $it$ $seemed$ $to$ $work$ $for$ $me$ ($I$'$ve$ $never$ $really$ $developed$ $anything$ $for$ $webOS$ $before$ $and$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $work$ $much$ $in$ $Javascript$).

Secondly your script would only backup the first 500 messages since the number of results returned from a query is limited to 500, so I modified your your script (attached) to recursively loop until all results are retrieved.

The script now extracts all messages correctly, I tested it by copying both .jsjsjs $files$ $to$ /$media$/$internal$/$sms_backup$ $and$ $executed$ $it$ $by$ $running$ $the$ $following$ $lines$ $in$ $wTerm$ $as$ $root$ ($I$ $didn$'$t$ $use$ $Novaterm$ $as$ $I$ $was$ $having$ $issues$ $with$ $the$ $novacom$ $drivers$ $and$ $frankly$ $couldn$'$t$ $be$ $bothered$ $as$ $all$ $I$ $wanted$ $to$ $do$ $was$ $extract$ $my$ $messages$):

cd /media/internal/sms_message
    node ./node_handler.jsjsjs ./$com$.$palm$.$smsmessage$ '$save$' ./ $sms$

I didn't test it in Save/Restore, and there was one issue where after the file was written and the script was complete it seemed to hang for a while and then exited with some node.jsjsjs $error$ $saying$ $that$ $some$ $webOS$ $cache$ $was$ $missing$, $perhaps$ $this$ $is$ $related$ $to$ $last$ $line$ $that$ $I$ $changed$ $or$ $the$ $way$ $I$'$ve$ $restructured$ $the$ $script$.

The script I've attached is quite "verbose" at the moment as I was trying to understand how it was behaving etc., I also cleaned up the node_handler a little.

One last thing, I had to add "limit":500 to the query, even though the default limit was 500 anyway, otherwise the "next" property would not be populated.

Hopefully this helps someone somewhere and maybe finds its way into Save/Restore someday (perhaps with a bit of tweaking and getting rid of the error I mentioned earlier).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Erazor; 08/22/2012 at 03:36 AM.
    Are we ever going to see another S/R update? It's been 8 months since the last one, and numerous scripts ave been submitted...

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    In case this helps anyone, I'm just now running Save/Restore from the command line. With a little bit of shell scripting, it's a breeze to run even without the GUI. I ran it on the command line, but this script would work too:

#!/bin/sh
    cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals/saverestore
    ls -1 | while read save; do
    sh ./$save
    done

...which just runs every script in there. It's humming right along now. I'm really going to miss a phone where disaster is averted with some simple knowledge. :-\