Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 397984858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Are you looking for this file?
    saverestore - Save & Restore
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Are you looking for this file?
    saverestore - Save & Restore
    Perhaps... Looks like I need to call it with an "autoSave" parameter? How do I do that from Linux command line? Can I use luna-send to launch it with autoSave?

-Jeremy
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $yes$, $but$ $don$'$t$ $ask$ $me$ $how$.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $yes$, $but$ $don$'$t$ $ask$ $me$ $how$.
    Damn... "How?" was my next question. . Any clues where I can look or who to ask?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Save/Restore is useless for backing up the 'WiFi' and 'Bluetooth' profiles. I am never able to restore the settings on any of the devices that I have tried it on. Strangely enough, a backup made in September 2011 works on all devices, but none of the backups made after that ever work. Any ideas what may be the cause?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Damn... "How?" was my next question. . Any clues where I can look or who to ask?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...luna-send.html
    Luna Send - WebOS Internals

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch {\"id\":\"org.webosinternals.saverestore\",\"params\":{\"action\":\"autoSave\"}}
    I had already looked at that but didn't see any reference to "params" so I wasn't sure how to add it.

Thanks so much for your help, it works flawlessly.

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    To whom it may concern,

If someone has the time to create a script that backup/restore can use to backup the following file:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/application/com.motionapps.app.classic/javascript/support_info.jsjsjs

This file contains the license key and if backed up and restored will allow someone to doctor their device many times and restore their key back...

Modified below script with Classic content, not sure if it will work...
    I am finally getting around to updating the scripts... reviewing yours, there were a few problems. I have updated the script as follows:

#!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Classic"
    APPNOTE="Only backs up license key, not any data"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/javascript"
    DSTSUB="javascript"

FILES="support_info.jsjsjs&$quot$;

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

exit 0

can you try that and see if it works.

thanks
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyguindi View Post
    Attached please find save/restore script for iShelf.
    Happy New Year to all!
    Hi. I am confused by the line:

SRCDIR="/media/internal/.ishelf/backup"

does that mean that this file is currently found in this directly? which doesnt make sense since you are first creating it in the script (which is also a "no no" for scripts). can you please let me know where this file currently resides?

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

I use TextOne on my Pre3! I did back it up and wanted to use it on my Veer also. It installs, but Account-Login is not possible

I even tried setting up a script for Save/Restore to move it to my veer. But it seems that it doesn't store any data. I assume that the service that runs in the background does the data storage.

Did anyone successfully copy TextOne AND log into profile with the new device?

My Pre 3 shows 3second lags several times a day. Thus it is time to doctor it. That would mean the loss on TextOne right now

Thanks for any tips!

MGMFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hi. I am confused by the line:

SRCDIR="/media/internal/.ishelf/backup"

does that mean that this file is currently found in this directly? which doesnt make sense since you are first creating it in the script (which is also a "no no" for scripts). can you please let me know where this file currently resides?

Adam
    iShelf allows users to back up their data into a local file on their device which they can then download to their PC. The file is stored in the location stated above. I have been asked to include this file in the save/restore process. If the user has never backed up their data, the file does not exist. I didn't know how to tell the script to back it up if it is there or ignore it otherwise. I found a save/restore script for another app that showed me how to create the file if it doesn't exist, so save/restore doesn't fail if the file is not there. Please let me know if there is a different way to handle this. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I am finally getting around to updating the scripts... reviewing yours, there were a few problems. I have updated the script as follows:

Code removed from quote...

can you try that and see if it works.

thanks
    Adam
    Adam,

I tested the script you provided on PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3, and Touchpad it worked on all, please include in the save/restore scripts..

I also am attaching 5 other Angry Birds scripts that I have tested on PixiPlus/PrePlus/Pre2/Pre3/Touchpad please also include them...

I also replaced my original script on post on page 87 with this one so if anyone grabs it, it will work.

Now does save/restore only allow backup of a file (as a whole) or can it do a line in a file... the reason I ask, is the Classic License # is in the field _APP_LicCode and the App type is in the _APP_Type field. Those are the keys that need to be backed up, not the entire file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/06/2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I see that Save/Restore can backup the TextAssist, but not restore it
    Is there any way to manually save the "learned words" from the dictionary (as I've inserted many words) so I can add them after a phone-doctoring?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi,

I use TextOne on my Pre3! I did back it up and wanted to use it on my Veer also. It installs, but Account-Login is not possible

I even tried setting up a script for Save/Restore to move it to my veer. But it seems that it doesn't store any data. I assume that the service that runs in the background does the data storage.

Did anyone successfully copy TextOne AND log into profile with the new device?

My Pre 3 shows 3second lags several times a day. Thus it is time to doctor it. That would mean the loss on TextOne right now
    I'm in the same boat. I use TextOne in my Pre2. I tried installing it to the TP, but you cannot log-in.
    I'm also thinking to doctor my phone and without any other support (WhatsApp etc) textone is unfortunately the only app for me.
    As webOS is not supported anymore, I think we will have to forget it.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    @Loiter: Make yourself heard if you want TextOne back:

TextOne – a messenger that left webOS! « webosq
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Is there any way to manually save the "learned words" from the dictionary (as I've inserted many words) so I can add them after a phone-doctoring?

Thanks
    Not at this time there isn't.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyguindi View Post
    iShelf allows users to back up their data into a local file on their device which they can then download to their PC. The file is stored in the location stated above. I have been asked to include this file in the save/restore process. If the user has never backed up their data, the file does not exist. I didn't know how to tell the script to back it up if it is there or ignore it otherwise. I found a save/restore script for another app that showed me how to create the file if it doesn't exist, so save/restore doesn't fail if the file is not there. Please let me know if there is a different way to handle this. Thanks.
    ok, gotcha. you want to use an OPTIONAL flag. need to find an example, but let me update the script for you to test

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Adam,

I tested the script you provided on PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3, and Touchpad it worked on all, please include in the save/restore scripts..

I also am attaching 5 other Angry Birds scripts that I have tested on PixiPlus/PrePlus/Pre2/Pre3/Touchpad please also include them...

I also replaced my original script on post on page 87 with this one so if anyone grabs it, it will work.

Now does save/restore only allow backup of a file (as a whole) or can it do a line in a file... the reason I ask, is the Classic License # is in the field _APP_LicCode and the App type is in the _APP_Type field. Those are the keys that need to be backed up, not the entire file.
    save/restore can only do files as a whole, not parts.

will grab the other files shortly

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post

Thanks
    its a bit complex the first time you do it, but check out this tip: http://www.webosnation.com/export-te...s-2-x-homebrew

Like any of my work:
    At long last, we have an update for Save/Restore (1.6.1 in the beta feed)... I will try to grab the other scripts in the forum later this week

Updates include:

Application: Touch Surf (courtesy of petropeter)
    Application: Winer (courtesy of curmudgeon69)
    Applications: NOVA2, Graphite, Misc OS Backup Files updated for Pre3 (in /contrib) (all courtesy of Audemars02)

Note: for details on the "contrib" directory, see this readme file: saverestore - Save & Restore

Please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here:

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    Last edited by Audemars02; 04/10/2012 at 10:03 PM.

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    My VZW Pre2 died and on my new Pre2 I am unable to get Save/Restore to show anything in the Restore Application Data section. Once Save/Restore runs it seems to wipe out all the zips that were in the saverestore folder. I have replaced the saverestore folder several times but the Save/Restore app apparently does not like it. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47