Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38788384858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1741  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    would you please tell me where to find the data on the pc and where to put it on the device?
    http://www.webosnation.com/backup

(Added to my previous reply, and to the first post in this thread)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    would you please tell me where to find the data on the pc and where to put it on the device?

I believe that it should have been you that put the data on your PC initially.. so you should now know where to find it OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    http://www.webosnation.com/backup

(Added to my previous reply, and to the first post in this thread)

-- Rod
    I found a "saverestore" directory on my pc with lots of stuff in it ...

I did NOT find a saverestore directory on the touchpad in usb mode using search ...WHERE should I put it AND do I copy the whole directory, then do a restart, then do a save/restore restore ??

in saverestore on pc search for "angry" yields nothing ;^(

oh yeah ...what attitude??

tia!
    Last edited by patapoof; 01/14/2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: morr
  4.    #1744  
    I found a "saverestore" directory on my pc with lots of stuff in it ...

I did NOT find a saverestore directory on the touchpad in usb mode using search ...WHERE should I put it AND do I copy the whole directory, then do a restart, then do a save/restore restore ??

in saverestore on pc search for "angry" yields nothing ;^(

oh yeah ...what attitude??

tia!
    Step 6 of "Restoring your device" in http://www.webosnation.com/backup

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Step 6 of "Restoring your device" in http://www.webosnation.com/backup

-- Rod
    saverestore I found is for my Pre3 ...will not help with my Touchpad ...oh, well ...2bad...
  6.    #1746  
    saverestore I found is for my Pre3 ...will not help with my Touchpad
    Save/Restore saves for games such as Angry Birds are independent of the device, and there are other threads with instructions on how to transfer game save data between HD and non-HD versions of such games.

...oh, well ...2bad...
    That is the attitude I'm referring to (along with "I am angry" and "...so much for that..." in previous posts) ... perhaps homebrew is not for you.

-- Rod
    Anyone willing to set up a save/restore backup for Mail Lists from Newness Development. It is listed in the save/restore list of supported apps, but under it says "save/restore do not work". I am more than willing to pay the bounty just need to know how to do it. I would really appreciate it, let me know. Thanks,
    Tony
    toversta@gmail.com
    Save/Restore saves for games such as Angry Birds are independent of the device, and there are other threads with instructions on how to transfer game save data between HD and non-HD versions of such games.

That is the attitude I'm referring to (along with "I am angry" and "...so much for that..." in previous posts) ... perhaps homebrew is not for you.

-- Rod
    maybe you need to update your sense of humor ...it was funny ...duh!
  9.    #1749  
    maybe you need to update your sense of humor ...it was funny ...duh!
    Hmmm. *plonk*

-- Rod
    Anyone willing to set up a save/restore backup for Mail Lists from Newness Development. It is listed in the save/restore list of supported apps, but under it says "save/restore do not work". I am more than willing to pay the bounty just need to know how to do it. I would really appreciate it, let me know. Thanks,
    Tony
    [email]toversta@gmail.com
    people should take note.. That any app (that i have tried at least) that has its own set of templates (that need to be loaded when the app is started for the first time) won't restore until you allow start the app first and let the templates load. A couple of examples... Sorting thoughts and palm flash cards

I'm not sure if mail lists has a similar thing or not, but this may be your issue

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    people should take note.. That any app (that i have tried at least) that has its own set of templates (that need to be loaded when the app is started for the first time) won't restore until you allow start the app first and let the templates load. A couple of examples... Sorting thoughts and palm flash cards

I'm not sure if mail lists has a similar thing or not, but this may be your issue

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    actually, I initially wrote that script for Mail List. The problem is that the way it updates synergy with the mail lists do not seem to be able to be restored. I was disappointed, too, but nothing we can do.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Touch Surf is a bookmarking app, used to browse / bookmark webpages... I am storing user's webpage links in external database.

I created save / restore script for this database data.

what exactly is this for?
    I just noticed that Clipboard on my TP does not save the archive. In the 'Save Application Data' screen, the Clipboard app indicates: Archive not saved (even when switched to the on position).

Any suggestions?

Thanks much!
    I understand from the iShelf developer that he submitted a Save/Restore script on 12/31. Can you tell me when the next update is planned? My Pre+ is dying , and I've got an awful lot of data in iShelf...

(2/16/12) Hello--anyone out there? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Last edited by bethel95; 02/17/2012 at 10:56 PM.
    The Supported Applications list has gotten so long that's it's a bear to scroll through. How about adding a Preware-style search to that view (or all the views, for that matter, if it takes just one instance of the code). I'd hope that it would be a fairly simple thing to do, since the code already exists in Preware.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    +1
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    How to save/restore DB8 entries? Is there something in Save&Restore for this?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I'd like to have my app (Winer) added to Save/Restore. The script is attached. Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Any ideas when the next save/restore update will be released? Thanks.
    I have a couple questions. My eyes are tired from Googling so I hope this is an appropriate place to post.

1.) Would anyone be willing/able to add a feature to save/restore such that Save/Restore would check to see if the cookies and database files were already initialized and, if not, go ahead and launch the app, wait for the files to be initailized, close the app and then proceed with the restore process?

I keep losing data because of the damn "Application Database is Full" problem which wipes my device. I have hundreds of apps on my device and I haven't memorized which apps are supported by Save/Restore so restoring my apps is a very tedious process of launching apps and then launching save/restore.

2.) I've noticed that timers in webOS are not very reliable, and the timer that Save/Restore uses to do daily backups is no diffrerent. It just *stops working* and there's no easy way to tell that it's not doing it's auto backups anymore.

I have a cron job set up on my devices to do an rsync of my /media/internal folder back to my file server every night. I'd like to be able to call save/restore from that same cron job and have it run a backup automatically via cron. There was a link earlier in this thread that was supposed to help to:

cgit error

But now that page says:

"Invalid request"

So I don't know where to find this information.

Thanks,
    -Jeremy