Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Copy the saverestore directory from the USB drive to the PC regularly, or use one of the solutions which causes it to go up to a dropbox or box.net or use rsync to move it over to a Linux box on a cron job schedule.

-- Rod
    What I would like is to be able to save the actual apps so if I go out of range of HP/Palm I can redo the phone myself with webOSqi and the installers ...the webosinternals stuff is up on the web ...easy, but the paid hp apps are going to be a pain if they are missing due to travel and a crash needing doctoring...
  2.    #1722  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    What I would like is to be able to save the actual apps so if I go out of range of HP/Palm I can redo the phone myself with webOSqi and the installers ...the webosinternals stuff is up on the web ...easy, but the paid hp apps are going to be a pain if they are missing due to travel and a crash needing doctoring...
    Unfortunately, due to the warez sites which would abuse it, we can't release such a capability.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Unfortunately, due to the warez sites which would abuse it, we can't release such a capability.

-- Rod
    warez aren't gonna fiddle with webos ...they're 2busy with android, ifone, even m$ stuff to bother with our lowly ilk...
  4.    #1724  
    warez aren't gonna fiddle with webos ...they're 2busy with android, ifone, even m$ stuff to bother with our lowly ilk...
    On the contrary, the webOS user base is small enough that the scumbag webOS warez sites that do exist cause a disproportionately significant reduction in the revenue of those developers who are still developing for the webOS platform.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    On the contrary, the webOS user base is small enough that the scumbag webOS warez sites that do exist cause a disproportionately significant reduction in the revenue of those developers who are still developing for the webOS platform.

-- Rod
    ...the hold outs will reap imho ...this is too good to go down the drain ...hp has lost the one big bet they made and their loss is of their own doing...
    To whom it may concern,

If someone has the time to create a script that backup/restore can use to backup the following file:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/application/com.motionapps.app.classic/javascript/support_info.jsjsjs

This file contains the license key and if backed up and restored will allow someone to doctor their device many times and restore their key back...

Updated to a new script provided by Adam tested on PixiPlus/PrePlus/Pre2/Pre3. Works to backup the license key.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/05/2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Attached please find save/restore script for iShelf.
    Happy New Year to all!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sorry for being absent for the last few weeks/month or so. Life and work have been crazy. However, I will take a look at the latest scripts posted and try to get an update out this week
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Folks, I have a Stupid Question™. It has to do with WebOS 2.2.4 and its behavior with Save/Restore (1.6.0).

When I updated to 2.2.4, I lost the capacity to dial out. After much fuss with HP's Level 3 tech, I sent them the phone's logs. They claim that Prewar had installed a partition (they said nada about Save/Restore, which I really liked because of the pile of data I lost when swapping from Pre+ the Pre2). So we did a full erase. I immediately installed Save/Restore but, thinking that they might know something, did not install Preware. I still do not have the capacity to dial out, though.

I have not sent the logs off to HP. Is it possible that Save/Restore creates a partition that may step on some of the phone's functionality?

Data points: cannot dial from screen keypad (shows digits as they're tapped but bottom bar goes yellow-green when I attempt to dial); cannot dial from contacts or favorites lists / CAN receive calls, can tap on 'missed call' and have it call that number, can call voicemail via icon; can send & receive SMS, can receive calls.

Any clues about the possible involvement of Save/Restore?
    You state you have done a full erase. But, this sounds like you have corrupted file(s), and need to run the webOS 2.2.4 Doctor. Have you done that?
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    You state you have done a full erase. But, this sounds like you have corrupted file(s), and need to run the webOS 2.2.4 Doctor. Have you done that?

Yup. Did a full erase, then downloaded the 'new' OS, then ran the 2.2.4 Doctor. Which is why I am baffled. I don't really know if they drew the correct conclusion when they claimed Preware had installed a partition ... or if they even saw a partition in the logs. Can only take what they told me as the rational for the full erase and rebuild.

Just looked at the Save/Restore cheat sheet, and it says: "Then, using Preware, install Save/Restore back on to your phone, too. (DO NOT USE webOS Quick Install to reinstall Save/Restore)". Why is that? I used WOQI to get Save/Restore back on after the clean-up, per advice from this forum. Big mistake?
    Last edited by grankin; 01/14/2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: new information added
  12.    #1732  
    Quote Originally Posted by grankin View Post
    Folks, I have a Stupid Question™. It has to do with WebOS 2.2.4 and its behavior with Save/Restore (1.6.0).

When I updated to 2.2.4, I lost the capacity to dial out. After much fuss with HP's Level 3 tech, I sent them the phone's logs. They claim that Preware had installed a partition
    That is not possible. Please send me a transcript of the conversation with HP support, or ask them to contact me to prove their assertion.

-- Rod
  13.    #1733  
    Quote Originally Posted by grankin View Post
    Yup. Did a full erase, then downloaded the 'new' OS, then ran the 2.2.4 Doctor. Which is why I am baffled. I don't really know if they drew the correct conclusion when they claimed Preware had installed a partition ... or if they even saw a partition in the logs. Can only take what they told me as the rational for the full erase and rebuild.

Just looked at the Save/Restore cheat sheet, and it says: "Then, using Preware, install Save/Restore back on to your phone, too. (DO NOT USE webOS Quick Install to reinstall Save/Restore)". Why is that? I used WOQI to get Save/Restore back on after the clean-up, per advice from this forum. Big mistake?
    Some versions of WOSQI do not automatically install the UnZip and Zip dependencies that Save/Restore requires to operate.

-- Rod
    I had to install 3.0.5 via doctor after full erase ...I thought everything would go fine but it didn't ...and advanced browser didn't install so it charged me again for it (I'm wrangling with palm chat over that now) ...and it did not keep my data so I am angry I hafta restart angry birds from the beginning !!
    That is not possible. Please send me a transcript of the conversation with HP support, or ask them to contact me to prove their assertion.

-- Rod
    I'd be happy to ... but it was over the phone. My contact, who spoke to the engineers @ HP is Keith, reached at <palmlevel3.nac@palm.com>.
    Some versions of WOSQI do not automatically install the UnZip and Zip dependencies that Save/Restore requires to operate.

-- Rod
    The versh of WOSQI I used (4.3.1) clearly did all that very nicely. I moved the relevant files over from my PC, fired up Fuel and Angry Birds and was up-to-date with both.

Thanks!
  17.    #1737  
    I had to install 3.0.5 via doctor after full erase ...I thought everything would go fine but it didn't ...and advanced browser didn't install so it charged me again for it (I'm wrangling with palm chat over that now) ...and it did not keep my data so I am angry I hafta restart angry birds from the beginning !!
    If the app catalog charged you for something again, then it means you are not using the same palm profile as you were before.

If you used Save/Restore properly (e.g. as per http://www.webosnation.com/backup), you can restore your angry birds settings.

-- Rod
    If the app catalog charged you for something again, then it means you are not using the same palm profile as you were before.

If you used Save/Restore properly (e.g. as per http://www.webosnation.com/backup), you can restore your angry birds settings.

-- Rod
    I ran backup and also ran save/restore just prior and when I went back on with 3.0.5 backup put most stuff back on but save/restore showed zero to restore ...so much for that...
  19.    #1739  
    I ran backup and also ran save/restore just prior and when I went back on with 3.0.5 backup put most stuff back on but save/restore showed zero to restore ...so much for that...
    Sounds like you didn't follow the procedure correctly. Just restore the data from your PC to the USB drive and then run the Save/Restore restore process again.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/14/2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Sounds like you didn't follow the procedure correctly. Just restore the data from your PC to the USB drive and then run the Save/Restore restore process again.

Not sure whether the attitude which is coming through your posts is intentional or not ...

-- Rod
    would you please tell me where to find the data on the pc and where to put it on the device?