Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    On my Touchpad 3.0.2 for mail, messaging and tasks I get the following error:

Error: unable to open database "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3": unable to open database file
    I have a bunch of updates I need to make to save/restore that I will try to get to in the next few days. I will add some min/max webOS version checks for these scripts so nobody gets concerned in the future!

adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    There isn't much data from my old launch day sprint pre to transfer to my touchpad, offhand the only thing I can think of is splashID data and some PDK games if I can get free upgrades for them. The most important being splashID. I'm assuming it will work but wanted to double check before proceeding.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    On both my TouchPad and my VZW Pre2 Save/Restore has stopped doing Auto Save. My Pre apparently stopped Auto Saving on 22 Aug 2011, and the TouchPad on 24 Aug 2011. They are both set to the defaults (Auto Save ON, at 2:00, Every N Days 1). When I go into Preferences and back out, on either platform, it says Next Auto-Save:01/10/2011 02:00.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    restore splashdata from pre to TouchPad?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the save/restore app installed on both my pre and touchpad as well as SplashID. I copied the save/restore directory from my pre to my touchpad and then tried to restore the SplashID data using Save/Restore, but I get the error com.splashdata.app.splashid not installed. I've also tried exporting via email, but can't highlight all the data in the email message to import it on the touchpad.
    All help is appreciated.
    TIA
    Bill
    @BillP3393

The app ID's for Splashtop are different on the Phone versus compared to the TouchPad version. (Edit: sorry just realized I looked up Splashtop instead of SplashID not positive those have different app ID's but possible)

So a new Save/Restore Script needs to be created for TouchPad version.

There is still no guarantee that restoring from your phone to your TouchPad will work even with the TouchPad version script if they changed the way they handle saving/storing information. There is a chance nothing has changed and it will work.

Aside Note:
    If you offer a Bounty for that app to be added I'm sure someone will speed the process on when its Updated and Supported.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 10/02/2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    @BillP3393

The app ID's for Splashtop are different on the Phone versus compared to the TouchPad version.

So a new Save/Restore Script needs to be created for TouchPad version.

There is still no guarantee that restoring from your phone to your TouchPad will work even with the TouchPad version script if they changed the way they handle saving/storing information. There is a chance nothing has changed and it will work.

Aside Note:
    If you offer a Bounty for that app to be added I'm sure someone will speed the process on when its Updated and Supported.
    I offer a $5 bounty to support SplashID for the touchpad
    Bill
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    On both my TouchPad and my VZW Pre2 Save/Restore has stopped doing Auto Save. My Pre apparently stopped Auto Saving on 22 Aug 2011, and the TouchPad on 24 Aug 2011. They are both set to the defaults (Auto Save ON, at 2:00, Every N Days 1). When I go into Preferences and back out, on either platform, it says Next Auto-Save:01/10/2011 02:00.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    @BillP3393 You could just use the Import / Export function built into Splashed. You can export as a csv or as an email.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @BillP3393 You could just use the Import / Export function built into Splashed. You can export as a csv or as an email.
    I have no problem exporting from Pre, the problem is not being able to import the data on the touchpad. There is no "select all" and I haven't found a way to copy the large (more than a screenfull) amount of data using copy/paste on touchpad.
    Bill
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekesqueaky View Post
    I copied these files to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/, did a Luna restart, and opened Save/Restore, but PinkPad is not listed under Save Application Data. Did I miss a step?
    Hi ekesqueaky. Sorry I missed your reply. I know it worked when I moved it to my TouchPad. I'll try again with my new Pre3 and let you know if I left any steps out!!

OK, I follows these steps and PP showed up in my app data list:

send -> com.alt12.pinkpad and srf.app.databases to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    chmod ugo+x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad
    chmod ugo+x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.databases
    Did you chmod the files?
    Last edited by marysm; 10/04/2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I offer a $5 bounty to support SplashID for the touchpad
    I'm trying to get this one done. Not having much luck so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I duplicated the script for the phone version
    renamed the file to the appID for the touchpad version
    made a directory (named same as appID) in the saverestore directory
    copied the apps backup zip from my pre to the touchpad
    moved it to the apps directory that I created in the saverestore directory
    opened save restore

At this point save restore deleted the zip file from the apps directory in the saverestore directory. Not sure why it is doing that so I need to know what I'm doing wrong if anything. The good news is the script is seen in the backup item list and can be toggled so if there was data to backup it should back it up since the touchpad version of the app is simply a patched mojo version with methods handling going back and having it be full screen instead of the mojo window thingy.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Here are scripts for "Data Manager" and "Data Manager Demo". Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I need some help. I am trying to write my 1st script for TealPoint Software's TealAuto. Everything seems fine, all exit 0's, but I don't get anything saved. The attached file has the directory listings, the script and the output from info and save along with a dbus-util when I tried running it from my Pre-. There is data in the files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    @ CDR114

Have you read over the Guide on making a script Pg 18 Post ## 341 courtesy of Audemars02

Unless that's a script for db8 or something.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    Can someone please tell me why the 'Saved WiFi profiles' will not restore on a TouchPad. I have saved and tried to restore, numerous times, but with no luck. I never had any issues on the phones.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Can someone please tell me why the 'Saved WiFi profiles' will not restore on a TouchPad. I have saved and tried to restore, numerous times, but with no luck. I never had any issues on the phones.
    it worked fine for me. I would suggest restoring and then doing an immediate DEVICE restart. Try that
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    it worked fine for me. I would suggest restoring and then doing an immediate DEVICE restart. Try that
    Done that several times, with no luck. In fact it has not worked for me on three different TouchPads.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    @ CDR114

Have you read over the Guide on making a script Pg 18 Post ## 341 courtesy of Audemars02

Unless that's a script for db8 or something.
    I don't understand your response as I did follow the guide. My code follows the guide with the exception that some of the data is stored by tealauto in a separate directory. As indicated in my original post, I get an exit 0 on both the info and save of the script. I just get nothing saved.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="tealauto"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES=" icon.png, icon_48x48.png, appinfo.josn, tealauto"

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/Data"
    FILES="  Key_Mappings_TIAu.dat, TealAuto2_History_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Config_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Quicklist.PDB,  Cached_Forms_Data_T1Au_125.dat, TealAuto2_Report.txt, TealAuto2_History.PDB, TealAuto2_Config.PDB, Saved_Preferences_T1Au"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

exit 0
    As indicated in my attachment the run listing from the save is

root@palm-webos-device:/# sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.teal
    point.tealauto save
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + APPID=com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + APPNAME=tealauto
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    + [ -n com.tealpoint.tealauto ]
    + [ -n tealauto ]
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + : /media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + ZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip
    + UNZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip
    + grep PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING /etc/palm-build-info
    + sed -e s/.* webOS \([0-9.]*\).*/\1/
    + WEBOS_VERSION=1.4.5
    + [ -n ]
    + [ -n ]
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + [ -d /media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto ]
    + ls -1 /media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + egrep ^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][+-][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].zip$
    + sort -n
    + tail -1
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + ls -1 /media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + [ -n ]
    + [ save == info ]
    + [ save == save ]
    + date +%Y%m%dT%H%M%S%z
    + TIMESTAMP=20111008T220505-0400
    + DSTDIR=/media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto/20111008T220505-0400
    + echo 20111008T220505-0400
    20111008T220505-0400
    + SRCDIR=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + FILES= icon.png, icon_48x48.png, appinfo.josn, tealauto
    + SRCDIR=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto/Data
    + FILES= Key_Mappings_TIAu.dat, TealAuto2_History_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Config_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Quicklist.PDB, Cached_Forms_Data_T1Au_125.dat, TealAuto2_Report.txt, TealAuto2_History.PDB, TealAuto2_Config.PDB, Saved_Preferences_T1Au
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.files
    + [ -n com.tealpoint.tealauto ]
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto ]
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto/20111008T220505-0400 ]
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto/Data ]
    + [ -n Key_Mappings_TIAu.dat, TealAuto2_History_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Config_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Quicklist.PDB, Cached_Forms_Data_T1Au_125.dat, TealAuto2_Report.txt, TealAuto2_History.PDB, TealAuto2_Config.PDB, Saved_Preferences_T1Au ]
    + : false
    + [ -n ]
    + DSTPATH=/media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto/20111008T220505-0400
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto ]
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto/Data ]
    + [ save == save ]
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto/Data ]
    + cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto/Data
    + ls -1d Key_Mappings_TIAu.dat, TealAuto2_History_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Config_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Quicklist.PDB, Cached_Forms_Data_T1Au_125.dat, TealAuto2_Report.txt, TealAuto2_History.PDB, TealAuto2_Config.PDB, Saved_Preferences_T1Au
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto/20111008T220505-0400
    + cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tealpoint.tealauto/Data
    + ls -1d Key_Mappings_TIAu.dat, TealAuto2_History_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Config_Backup.PDB, TealAuto2_Quicklist.PDB, Cached_Forms_Data_T1Au_125.dat, TealAuto2_Report.txt, TealAuto2_History.PDB, TealAuto2_Config.PDB, Saved_Preferences_T1Au
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.tealpoint.tealauto/20111008T220505-0400
    + exit 0
    @CDR114

Not sure if this matters much or not but for

APPNAME="tealauto"

That should be the name that shows up directly above the app id (com.tealpoint.tealauto), if you are looking at the Save/Restore App -> Installed Applications ; look for the app's title and use that for the app your making the script for.

I don't have that App so I can't verify what the correct name for the program is (that could be correct)

Then for this below,

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"

I don't think you need this unless the very last file is really needed (tealauto). I don't think you need to save that stuff or at least usually you wouldn't need to. I would try testing it without that in the script.

Also a side note "appinfo.josn" is spelled wrong it should be "appinfo.json" not sure if that would make a difference or not.

If you do need two different directories to save from I'm not sure if its possible or not, I will look over some older scripts to see if its ever been done before.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 10/09/2011 at 11:26 AM.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    @CDR114

Not sure if this matters much or not but for

APPNAME="tealauto"

That should be the name that shows up directly above the app id (com.tealpoint.tealauto), if you are looking at the Save/Restore App -> Installed Applications ; look for the app's title and use that for the app your making the script for.

I don't have that App so I can't verify what the correct name for the program is (that could be correct)

Then for this below,

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"

I don't think you need this unless the very last file is really needed (tealauto). I don't think you need to save that stuff or at least usually you wouldn't need to. I would try testing it without that in the script.

Also a side note "appinfo.josn" is spelled wrong it should be "appinfo.json" not sure if that would make a difference or not.

If you do need two different directories to save from I'm not sure if its possible or not, I will look over some older scripts to see if its ever been done before.
    Thanks, "tealauto" is the application name, I had already checked and verified this through the method you mentioned. I missed the transposition error on json, I will get that fixed and see if that helps. If not, I will try backing up the Data directory only and see if I get any results. If so, I will then make a copy the icon.png, icon_48x48.png, appinfo.json, tealauto files in the Data directory just to get a backup of those files. I will post my results this evening.