Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33737879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Attached is a script for the Launcher that is now compatible with the TouchPad and webOS 3.x. Due to the nature of the launcher and how each launcher page gets a random and unique ID that differs per profile, I added some extra code that first DELETES your existing launcher files prior to doing a restore. This way you will not wind up with multiple files that are not in use (for more details on how the launcher is set up, see the wiki page i set up on 3.0 page tweaks here: WebOS3.0 Launcher Tweaks - WebOS Internals ).

However, I do save your existing launcher files at /var/luna/preferences/launcher3.zip in case something goes wrong and you want to get them back.

If you want to see the specific code, this is it:

Code:
    if `webos_version_ge 3.0.0`; then

SRCDIR="/var/luna/preferences"
        DIRECTORY="launcher3"

if [ "$1" == "restore" ] ; then
           [ -f "$SRCDIR/${DIRECTORY}.zip" ] && { rm "$SRCDIR/${DIRECTORY}.zip" ; }
           ${ZIP} -q ${SRCDIR}/${DIRECTORY}.zip ${SRCDIR}/${DIRECTORY}/*
           rm ${SRCDIR}/${DIRECTORY}/*
        fi

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.directory

fi
    Anyway, PLEASE test this out if you can and report back any issues you have. I have been able to use to move from 1 touchpad to another and within the same TouchPad, but I want to see what others say, too.

If you need instructions on manually loading a script, let me know and i can find them in the thread for you.

Thanks
    Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Attached is a script for "Beyond Ynth HD", an AWESOME game that just came out for both phones and the TouchPad (buy once, download on both)... enjoy

This will be added to the app within the next few days
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Attached is a script for the Blocked game (ws.junk.blockd). It's pretty boilerplate.

BTW, has it been considered to make Save/Restore also back up the contents of /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/?
    can you please add support for Robotek HD
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There was, and it has not been ported to webOS 3.x

-- Rod
    Are there any limitation to include/call external program that can parse JSON file in the script?
    It would be nice if we could get support for Glimpse (Dev cut). Would hate to have to add all the app ids again in case of a doctor.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/04/2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Hi,

My pre replacement battery went wierd and now even though my multiple patches and uberkernel are installed (I can see them working) preware only reports 7 paches installed ( I has about 67 on).

I ran save/restore and rebotted but it still shows only 7 patches installed.

I would really like to have a list of the patches I did have installed, partly so as they become available I can put the relevant ones on my new pre 3 but also if I end up doctoring the original pre to clean it out I'd like to know what to put back on.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I copied the save/restore data from my pre to my pc as I thought I might be able to look at the data and get a list of patches from that but can't see how to read the data in the packagedb.

Sorry if this is obvious or been asked before, I did try and look to see if there was a db viewer but if I missed it, apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It would be nice if we could get support for Glimpse (Dev cut). Would hate to have to add all the app ids again in case of a doctor.
    I am about to do an update to Save/Restore..once done, i will take a look at Glimpse...

Like any of my work:
    Just loaded an update to Save/Restore for 5 more scripts to the testing feeds. It should be available shortly. This should represent all scripts posted in the thread. If I missed any, let me know

Updates include:

- Updated the Launcher Script for webOS 3.0 / TouchPad. Please ensure that you perform a SAVE with this script prior to running a restore. Otherwise you run the risk of resetting all launcher icon positions (courtesy of Audemars02)
    - Applications: Beyond Ynth, Sparkle HD, Quell HD (all courtesy of Audemars02)
    - Applications: Blocked (courtesy of stickb0y)

Please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: [url= Feeds - WebOS Internals[/url] ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work:
    The attached zip file includes scripts for Sports Live! HD and Market Pulse HD. Enjoy!
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I am about to do an update to Save/Restore..once done, i will take a look at Glimpse...
    Thank you.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Be happy to beta test any scripts for Glimpse or Glimpse Dev Cut, Adam. Going to have to doctor my touchpad due to muffle system logging patch destroying my email. Really hoping to backup my Glimpse app ID's first..
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    The problem is that the app's database name is "[object Object]". While we were able to account for database names with spaces in it, I am pretty sure the [ and ] are causing issues. I will really need to rely on Rod or another dev to help come up with solution to the coding in the app itself...

Any devs have a thought on how to fix this?

malpha -- since you clearly worked on this as well, we can split the bounty...no reason for both of us to lose out purchasing the app. sound good?
    Try something like the following (untested, probably with syntax errors):

Code:
            case "$db" in
              "ext:"* ) 
                LOC=$APPSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
                APPID=ext-`expr "$db" : "ext:\(.*\)"`
                ;;
              "["* )
                LOC=$DBSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
                APPID=obj-`echo "$db" | tr -d '[ ]'`
                ;;
              * )
                LOC=$DBSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
                APPID=$db
                ;;
            esac
    in the save stanza and similar in the restore.

-- Rod
    Ah, I searched this thread yesterday for "pink" with no results. After trying my hand tonight at writing a Script for "Pink Pad" and getting the same error as above, I realize it was noted as "PinkPad" (no space). Silly search engine.

Anyway, I assume no one got this working. Where is rwhitby's bit of code supposed to go?? And what is meant by "save stanza and similar in the restore"?

Thanks.
  14.    #1654  
    That code has already been incorporated in the common framework include files.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    That code has already been incorporated in the common framework include files.
    Thanks, rwhitby. I assume you mean it has been incorporated into the current version of Save/Restore. I installed the latest version, 1.5.4. After a luna restart, I tried triggering a save via the command line, that worked as it always had, but the restore returned "exit 1" and still shows "APPID=[object Object]". No one posted a Pink Pad script so, I suppose mine may not be right. I've included that below. The full results of the restore command are below as well. Thanks for any tips!

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Pink Pad"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies

exit 0
    Code:
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad restore

+ basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad
    + APPID=com.alt12.pinkpad
    + APPNAME=Pink Pad
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    + [ -n com.alt12.pinkpad ]
    + [ -n Pink Pad ]
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.alt12.pinkpad
    + : /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad
    + ZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip
    + UNZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip
    + grep PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING /etc/palm-build-info
    + sed -e s/.* webOS \([0-9.]*\).*/\1/
    + WEBOS_VERSION=2.1.0
    + [ -n  ]
    + [ -n  ]
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + [ -d /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad ]
    + ls -1 /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad
    + egrep ^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][+-][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].zip$
    + sort -n
    + tail -1
    + MOSTRECENT=20110909T214740-0500.zip
    + [ 20110909T214428-0500.zip != 20110909T214740-0500.zip ]
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214428-0500.zip
    + [ 20110909T214740-0500.zip != 20110909T214740-0500.zip ]
    + [ -n 20110909T214740-0500.zip ]
    + basename 20110909T214740-0500.zip .zip
    + TIMESTAMP=20110909T214740-0500
    + [ restore == info ]
    + [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + [ -n 20110909T214740-0500 ]
    + DSTDIR=/media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500
    + echo 20110909T214740-0500
    20110909T214740-0500
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.databases
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.alt12.pinkpad ]
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500 ]
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.alt12.pinkpad ]
    + [ -f /var/home/root/html5-databases/Databases.db ]
    + DBSTORE=/var/palm/data
    + PALMDB=/var/palm/data/Databases.db
    + APPSTORE=/media/internal/.app-storage
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT origin FROM Origins WHERE origin LIKE "%com.alt12.pinkpad_0"
    + ORIGIN=file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0
    + [ -n file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0 ]
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT name FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0"
    + DATABASES=[object Object]
    + [ -n [object Object] ]
    + OIFS= 	

+ IFS=

+ [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT path FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0" AND name = "[object Object]"
    + FILE=000000000000000f.db
    + expr [object Object] : ext:.*
    + LOC=/var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0
    + APPID=[object Object]
    + cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500
    + /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q -o /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500.zip [object Object]
    caution: filename not matched:  [object Object]
    + [ -f /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500/[object Object] ]
    + echo /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500/[object Object] not found
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500/[object Object] not found
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T214740-0500
    + exit 1
  16.    #1656  
    No, it's not your script. It's something in the pinkpad database which is confusing the common framework include files.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  17.    #1657  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Thanks, rwhitby. I assume you mean it has been incorporated into the current version of Save/Restore. I installed the latest version, 1.5.4. After a luna restart, I tried triggering a save via the command line, that worked as it always had, but the restore returned "exit 1" and still shows "APPID=[object Object]". No one posted a Pink Pad script so, I suppose mine may not be right. I've included that below. The full results of the restore command are below as well. Thanks for any tips!

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Pink Pad"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies

exit 0
    Try using the attached script saved as srf.app.databases in the scripts directory.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Try using the attached script saved as srf.app.databases in the scripts directory.

-- Rod
    OK. I saved your file, minus the extension, to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/ via WQI sendfile. Did a luna restart, just in case. Then tried a save and restore, but got similar, but slightly different error, I think.
    Code:
    + [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT path FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0" AND name = "[object Object]"
    + LOC=/var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0/000000000000000f.db
    + echo [object Object]
    + tr [ ]
    + APPID=obj-[object Object]
    + cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500
    + /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q -o /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500.zip obj-[object Object]
    caution: filename not matched:  obj-[object Object]
    + [ -f /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500/obj-[object Object] ]
    + echo /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500/obj-[object Object] not found
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500/obj-[object Object] not found
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500
    + exit 1
  19.    #1659  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    OK. I saved your file, minus the extension, to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/ via WQI sendfile. Did a luna restart, just in case. Then tried a save and restore, but got similar, but slightly different error, I think.
    Code:
    + [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500
    + LOC=/var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0/000000000000000f.db
    + echo [object Object]
    + tr [ ]
    + APPID=obj-[object Object]
    + cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500
    + /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q -o /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500.zip obj-[object Object]
    caution: filename not matched:  obj-[object Object]
    + [ -f /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500/obj-[object Object] ]
    + echo /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500/obj-[object Object] not found
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500/obj-[object Object] not found
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T225702-0500
    + exit 1
    My mistake.

Edit the srf.app.database script to change

tr '[ ]'
    to

tr -d '[ ]'
    -- Rod
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    My mistake.

Edit the srf.app.database script to change tr '[ ]' to tr -d '[ ]'

-- Rod
    Well, now I a getting the expected "exit 0" at the end, but the restore is not bringing back the saved data (new changes remain). Not that I can tell too much, but the restore result looks like there are still more "No such file or directory" errors:
    Code:
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad
    + APPID=com.alt12.pinkpad
    + APPNAME=Pink Pad
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    + [ -n Pink Pad ]
    + : /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad
    + ZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip
    + UNZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip
    + grep PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING /etc/palm-build-info
    + sed -e s/.* webOS \([0-9.]*\).*/\1/
    + WEBOS_VERSION=2.1.0
    + [ -n  ]
    + [ -n  ]
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + [ -d /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad ]
    + egrep ^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][+-][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].zip$
    + sort -n
    + tail -1
    + MOSTRECENT=20110909T233831-0500.zip
    + [ 20110909T233831-0500.zip != 20110909T233831-0500.zip ]
    + [ -n 20110909T233831-0500.zip ]
    + basename 20110909T233831-0500.zip .zip
    + TIMESTAMP=20110909T233831-0500
    + [ restore == info ]
    + [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + [ -n 20110909T233831-0500 ]
    + DSTDIR=/media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500
    + echo 20110909T233831-0500
    20110909T233831-0500
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.databases
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500 ]
    + [ -f /var/home/root/html5-databases/Databases.db ]
    + DBSTORE=/var/palm/data
    + PALMDB=/var/palm/data/Databases.db
    + APPSTORE=/media/internal/.app-storage
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT origin FROM Origins WHERE origin LIKE "%com.alt12.pinkpad_0"
    + ORIGIN=file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0
    + [ -n file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0 ]
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT name FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0"
    + DATABASES=[object Object]
    + [ -n [object Object] ]
    + OIFS= 	

+ IFS=

+ [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500
    + echo [object Object]
    + tr -d [ ]
    + APPID=obj-objectObject
    + cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500
    + /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q -o /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500.zip obj-objectObject
    + [ -f /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500/obj-objectObject ]
    + cp /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500/obj-objectObject /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0/000000000000000f.db/000000000000000f.db
    cp: can't stat '/var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0/000000000000000f.db/000000000000000f.db': Not a directory
    + cd /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0/000000000000000f.db
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad: cd: line 1: can't cd to /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0/000000000000000f.db
    + ls -1 000000000000000f.db
    ls: 000000000000000f.db: No such file or directory
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500
    + IFS= 	

+ source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.cookies
    + [ -n obj-objectObject ]
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500 ]
    + FIELDS=domain_head,domain_tail,path,name,value,expires,secure
    + PALMDB=/var/palm/data/cookies.db
    + FILE=cookies.sql
    + [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500
    + /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q -o /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500.zip cookies.sql
    + [ -f /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500/cookies.sql ]
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/cookies.db
    + ls -1 cookies.sql
    cookies.sql
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110909T233831-0500
    + exit 0