Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hello! I'm not sure I totally understand but call logs & sms messages are now backed up to your Palm Profile as of webOS 2.x (so you don't need to use Save/Restore) but I'm not totally sure about 3.x.

Does that answer your question?
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Hello! I'm not sure I totally understand but call logs & sms messages are now backed up to your Palm Profile as of webOS 2.x (so you don't need to use Save/Restore) but I'm not totally sure about 3.x.

Does that answer your question?
    Hy thanks for your answer, I know about palm profile, but I want to backup my sms and copy to my pc because I have to much messages on my pre 2 and I want to delete, in same time I dont want lose all my sms....I remember that in old version of save/restore there was an option to do that....

Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
  3.    #1623  
    There was, and it has not been ported to webOS 3.x

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There was, and it has not been ported to webOS 3.x

-- Rod
    So there is no solution at the moment for extract sms from my pre 2?

Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
  5.    #1625  
    So there is no solution at the moment for extract sms from my pre 2?

Learn how to use luna-send and the com.palm.db service.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Learn how to use luna-send and the com.palm.db service.

-- Rod
    may you give me a way or a address for learn it ? i try to search on webos-internals.org but i didnt find......
  7.    #1627  
    may you give me a way or a address for learn it ? i try to search on webos-internals.org but i didnt find......
    It is a standard webOS service - documentation at developer.palm.com

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Let me know if I missed something...

EDIT: I did forget something. This one seems to require a Luna restart.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by irateb; 08/09/2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    A couple more. Jamwam Jog needed a Luna restart. ZenSearch worked once without a Luna restart and required one another time.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Luna restart needed...
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Let me know if I missed something...

EDIT: I did forget something. This one seems to require a Luna restart.
    A couple more. Jamwam Jog needed a Luna restart. ZenSearch worked once without a Luna restart and required one another time.
    Luna restart needed...
    Thanks for the scripts. One quick comment. For the line that says "APPNAME=", you want to put in the NAME of the app, not the AppID. So, instead of "APPNAME=com.kevinforeman.powernap", you want "APPNAME=Power Nap"
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Just loaded an update to Save/Restore for 12 more scripts to the testing feeds. It should be available shortly. This should represent all scripts posted in the thread. If I missed any, let me know

Updates include:

- Applications: intervalGym, Jamwam Jog, Power Nap, ZenSearch (all courtesy of irateb)
    - Applications: Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (TouchPad) (courtesy of A.Stice)
    - Applications: FlightView, Gowalla, Open Table, Robotek HD, Slice It HD, Spare Time, Wall Switch (all courtesy of Audemars02)

NOTE - it appears as if the Robotek HD script is device-specific. See the great research done on the next post that shows that you can only restore your data to the same device. Not sure what that means for things like in-app purchase if you swap devices

Please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: [url= Feeds - WebOS Internals[/url] ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    Last edited by Audemars02; 08/14/2011 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Here is the script for Robotek HD. If anyone wants to test you, you just need to put the script into /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore and make sure that the file has executable permissions (either by using Internals Pro or Gemeini to change linux permissions, or by using the command line code "chmod ugo+x net.hexage.robotek.hd")

If someone can test this out, that would be great. I am too fearful of losing my progress! :-)
    Okay, so it sort of worked for me. The backups went fine, saving the "save0" and "save4" files.

None of these worked:
    • Transferred the save/restore files to a 2nd TouchPad running a different profile, downloaded a fresh copy of Robotek, restored the backups before even running Robotek once. This resulted in the game starting up and terminating itself a little after it got to the main screen.
    • Deleted Robotek from this 2nd TouchPad, redownloaded it, then played it briefly, getting through one battle, and then exited. Restored the backups and restarted Robotek, but I was back to a fresh start, so I exited and restored again. Restarted the TouchPad before trying to run Robotek and was still starting from the very beginning.
    • Did a Palm Backup of the 1st TouchPad. Erased the 2nd TouchPad and logged into the 2nd TouchPad using the same profile as the 1st TouchPad, and restored using the Palm Backup I had just made. After the reboot and the redownload of Robotek, started it again and could see that it was from the very start. Restored the backups and rebooted. Started the game again and was still at the very start.

This did work:
    • Deleted and reinstalled Robotek on the 2nd TouchPad. Played through a couple of matches and then manually saved "save0" and "save4" to the media partition. After failing again with the files from the 1st TouchPad, copied back the files for the 2nd TouchPad. Started Robotek again, and this time the game showed my initial progress on the 2nd TouchPad.
    • Doctored and logged in with a different profile. Installed Robotek, started and then exited the game, then copied back the save files from the 2nd TouchPad. Started Robotek again and the game was back to where I was on the 2nd TouchPad while logged in under my first profile.

Based on this, it appears to me that these save files are tied to the particular TouchPad and won't work if you have to switch to a replacement TouchPad. Also, for the save game that worked, I hadn't done any purchases, so I can't confirm if that information would get restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Based on this, it appears to me that these save files are tied to the particular TouchPad and won't work if you have to switch to a replacement TouchPad. Also, for the save game that worked, I hadn't done any purchases, so I can't confirm if that information would get restored.
    awesome..thnx for the GREAT research. I'm going to try and get in touch with Hexage to see if there is a way to get around this device-specific restore issue
    awesome..thnx for the GREAT research. I'm going to try and get in touch with Hexage to see if there is a way to get around this device-specific restore issue
    Ok...got a response back from hexage:

thanks for playing our game, we appreciate your support.

Currently it's not possible to share the game progress (including in-app purchases) between multiple devices - the save files are tight to the unique device identifier (as reported by PDL). We plan to add support for saving the game progress in the cloud (to prevent losing your in-app purchases after a device swap) but it'll take some time to implement.

All the best,
    So, looks like the restore will currently be for on the same device only. Not good news, especially if you have an in-app purchase and need to swap devices! I will update the script to add an APPNOTE to make sure people are away of this limitation

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  16.    #1636  
    With the inclusion of in-app purchases, it's no surprise that save files will be tied to device id. To not do so would devalue the in-app items.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I hadn't responded yet regarding Robotek because I was having issues MANUALLY restoring my saved games. I got a replacement touchPad from HP and manually backed up & restored the save0 and save4. It worked when doing it on the same device but couldn't get it to work on the new device. I just wanted to get my progress loaded on my new device before I tested the actual script.

So I also experienced what you have. Its nice that they responded at least. I would much prefer having the game progress saved to the webOS profile!
    I just pushed Save/Restore 1.5.3. It just adds an APP Note for the Robotek indicating the restore only works on the same device

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Thanks for the scripts. One quick comment. For the line that says "APPNAME=", you want to put in the NAME of the app, not the AppID. So, instead of "APPNAME=com.kevinforeman.powernap", you want "APPNAME=Power Nap"
    Sorry about that. I should have figured that out when I did the actual test in Save/Restore. I will keep that in mind for the next round. Thanks for maintaining this!

Hi all,

I don't think my post from yesterday took, I can't find it.

So I guess I'll try again.

My Sprint Pre-'s screen cracked last week. I had to make a trip before the insurance could get me a replacement in time.

I temporarily had Sprint turn back on my old Palm Treo 650. It was fun coming back to it and now I can't believe how out dated it is.

I got home and my new Sprint Pre- is here and I'm about to activate it but I wanted to try and do a save/restore before I switch it over.

Does anyone know of a way to run a 'save all' with the keyboard?

I can get into the Terminal app to be able to type in some commands if that is possible?

I can also launch Save/Restore with the keyboard. Just can't get to do the 'save all'

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)