Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Here is the Script for : "Gizmo"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rod -- Getting some "Error: no such table: Origins" errors on my touchpad when trying to save. one of the examples is even when i try to save Preware. Here is the results of a "sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware save" command

Code:
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware
    + APPID=org.webosinternals.preware
    + APPNAME=Preware
    + APPNOTE=Device Reboot required after restore
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    + [ -n org.webosinternals.preware ]
    + [ -n Preware ]
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware
    + : /media/internal/saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware
    + ZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip
    + UNZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip
    + sed -e s/.* webOS \([0-9.]*\).*/\1/
    + grep PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING /etc/palm-build-info
    + WEBOS_VERSION=3.0.0
    + [ -n  ]
    + [ -n  ]
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + [ -d /media/internal/saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware ]
    + [ -n  ]
    + [ save == info ]
    + [ save == save ]
    + date +%Y%m%dT%H%M%S%z
    + TIMESTAMP=20110713T143640-0400
    + DSTDIR=/media/internal/saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware/20110713T143640-0400
    + echo 20110713T143640-0400
    20110713T143640-0400
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.databases
    + [ -n org.webosinternals.preware ]
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware ]
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware/20110713T143640-0400 ]
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware ]
    + [ -f /var/home/root/html5-databases/Databases.db ]
    + DBSTORE=/var/palm/data
    + PALMDB=/var/palm/data/Databases.db
    + APPSTORE=/media/internal/.app-storage
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT origin FROM Origins WHERE origin LIKE "%org.webosinternals.preware_0"
    Error: no such table: Origins
    + ORIGIN=
    + [ -n  ]
    + exit 1
    It appears as if the Database call is what is erroring out... When i tried to look at the Databases.db file on my PC, i get an error saying its not a SQLite 3 database. Also, when I try to go to Impostah on the Touchpad and go to "App Data" (as I could on my Pre2), I don't get any options to view the database entries. Did something change in 3.0? Do we need to update all scripts (or even just the srf.app.databases file) to ignore apps in 3.0? Is this data now saved as part of the Palm Profile, or is there no way to back up this data now?

thanks
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  3.    #1603  
    Looks like something has changed in 3.0 - we'll need to take a look at it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is there a way for an app to ship its save/restore script as part of itself?

I'm thinking of something like this:
    - Apps can include a script called saverestore.my.app.id
    - At startup, Save/Restore executes a "find" on the app directory (/media/cryptofs/...) and copies all scripts to the standard location, renaming them in the progress

The rest works like it used to be.

What do you think?
  5.    #1605  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaPhi View Post
    Is there a way for an app to ship its save/restore script as part of itself?

I'm thinking of something like this:
    - Apps can include a script called saverestore.my.app.id
    - At startup, Save/Restore executes a "find" on the app directory (/media/cryptofs/...) and copies all scripts to the standard location, renaming them in the progress

The rest works like it used to be.

What do you think?
    Since these script necessarily must run with superuser privileges, you need to trust the source of the script. If saverestore was to accept scripts that came along with the apps, it would open up the possibility of malware being introduced onto your device with no review of the script for security issues.

It is also unlikely the commercial developers like Rovio are going to include such a script with their app.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OK, my bad - I totally forgot that the scripts are executed and not just parsed by Save/Restore.
    After WAY TO LONG of a break (that included a nice surgery!) we finally have an update to Save/Restore. I just pushed out 1.5.1 to the testing feeds, so you should see it within the next 30-60 minutes. This includes ALL scripts posted in the forums. If I have missed any, please let me know

Updates include:

- Applications: Trip Traq - HBLR, Trip Traq - BART, Pane Free, Multi Pane (all courtesy of appsotutely)
    - Applications: Clock In, Clock In Trial, Gizmo, BeamOut, Days Gone By, Days To Come (all courtesy of djgardn2)
    - Applications: DORK 1 (courtesy of lordbah)
    - Applications: FitTrack Trial, MiniSquadron (both courtesy of malpha)
    - Applications: Super Ads (courtesy of Audemars02)

Please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I created a script for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on the TouchPad. This is my first script, so I hope it works right. I've tested it and it works great for single player saves but I don't play multiplayer games so while it SHOULD work in multi-player I can't tell for sure.
    Last edited by A.Stice; 07/25/2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Is there a way to use the Save Restore app to restore data on a new device?

I tried to copy over saved files from the old device to the new device and do a restore, but it's reporting that the file isn't found. The old device was a Pre and the new device is a Veer if that makes any difference.

Things I have tried:
    1) Copy directory over and do a restore, SR reports that a file is not found.
    2) Did a save on the new device and tried to copy the original files into that directory, but Windows will not let me delete or update the new backup files.
    3) created a directory named the same as the new backup directory and put the original backup files in there, hoping to trick SR into thinking these were the backup files, but this still didn't work.

Please let me know if what I'm trying to do is possible.
    Thanks,
    - Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by CBoudreaux View Post

I tried to copy over saved files from the old device to the new device and do a restore, but it's reporting that the file isn't found. The old device was a Pre and the new device is a Veer if that makes any difference.

Things I have tried:
    2) Did a save on the new device and tried to copy the original files into that directory, but Windows will not let me delete or update the new backup files.
    3) created a directory named the same as the new backup directory and put the original backup files in there, hoping to trick SR into thinking these were the backup files, but this still didn't work.

Thanks,
    - Craig
    For many of the apps, you need to run them at least once, so that they can create their initial set of information. After that, then you run the restores and for some apps, you need to restart after the restores for the restored data to "work".
    Quote Originally Posted by CBoudreaux View Post

Things I have tried:

Thanks,
    - Craig
    I wrote up a fairly definitive guide to restoring a device at The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net ... you may want to review that and then let me know if you have any questions

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Hello all.

I tried to save the pReader parameters on two devices, a Pre2 and a Pre+, both running on webOS 2.1.0, using save/restore 1.4.8.
    On both, when the save was finished, the imported books list was suddenly empty. On the Pre+ even the profiles had disappeared.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks.
    Does anyone want to write a script for Robotek HD? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Does anyone want to write a script for Robotek HD? :-)
    i already have it written, but have not actually tested it yet since I do not want to lose my progress. I will be posting it in the forums later today and will try to get it into the Save/Restore in the next day or two for anyone to test

Adam

Like any of my work:
    capt4chris likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    i already have it written, but have not actually tested it yet since I do not want to lose my progress. I will be posting it in the forums later today and will try to get it into the Save/Restore in the next day or two for anyone to test

Adam
    Ah, you must be on your way towards saving the world LOL.

I can test it out if you post it.

I need to doctor my TouchPad but I may have determined the files and can back them up manually for the time being.
    I cant find a voice for backup sms in last version of save/restore, its normal? i remember that old version had this option...
    Ah, you must be on your way towards saving the world LOL.

I can test it out if you post it.

I need to doctor my TouchPad but I may have determined the files and can back them up manually for the time being.
    Here is the script for Robotek HD. If anyone wants to test you, you just need to put the script into /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore and make sure that the file has executable permissions (either by using Internals Pro or Gemeini to change linux permissions, or by using the command line code "chmod ugo+x net.hexage.robotek.hd")

If someone can test this out, that would be great. I am too fearful of losing my progress! :-)

Like any of my work:
    Sorry for the delay.

Am I able to extract .zip files on the TouchPad? Its saying the format is unsupported...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sorry for the delay.

Am I able to extract .zip files on the TouchPad? Its saying the format is unsupported...

The only way to extract it on your touchpad is to load up Xecutah (a terminal app, available in Preware) on a 3.0.2 device and manually run an unzip command. if you are unsure how to do that, just download it and unzip in your computer first!

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    I cant find a voice for backup sms in last version of save/restore, its normal? i remember that old version had this option...
    Does anyone know anything about this?
    Thanks.

Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US