Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #1581  
    Here are the Scripts for my latest two apps: Days Gone By , Days To Come

    Also attached is the Script for BeamOut.

    Have a good weekend
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #1582  
    Hey all --

    I'm having a little more trouble with Save/Restore since my conversion to a Sprint Franken-Pre2... this particular trouble is related to the ZZZ Save Restore Zip script from the /contrib directory.

    In the past, I have used this add-on script successfully across multiple device transitions: Sprint Pre with 1.4.5, Sprintified VZW Pre+ with 1.4.5, same Sprint-ified VZW Pre+ with 2.1.0...

    But after converting to the Pre2 (Sprint with 2.1.0) a week or so ago, I hadn't yet pulled the org.webosinternals.saverestore script from /contrib and put it into /var/svs/org.webostinternals.saverestore/.... I just did that and saw that S/R does not load the script in the usable Save list.

    Tried full shutdown and reboot, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the S/R app, but no luck.

    Just grabbed the lumberjack logs and opened S/R and I can clearly see a parsing error related to this [Bolded below], along with several other errors which do not appear on my prior devices.... But I don't know why...

    Anyone else ever see anything like this?

    2011-06-13T02:01:10.179107Z [1244] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts": [{ "id": "org.webosinternals.preware", "title": "Preware", "note": "Device Reboot required after restore", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20110612T001557-0400" }, { "id": "org.webosinternals.preware-alpha", "title": "Preware Alpha", "saved": false }, sh: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.saverestore: Permission denied, { "id": "org.webosinternals.supernes", "title": "SuperNES", "saved": false }, { "id": "org.webosinternals.terminal", "title": "Terminal", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20110304T172146-0500" }, { "id": "org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance", "title": "VisualBoy Advance", "saved": false }, { "id": "org.webosinternals.wirc", "title": "wIRC", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20110612T001603-0400" }, { "id": "org.webosinternals.zcorder", "title": "zcorder", "note": "Recorded files won't be backed up!", "saved": fals

    2011-06-13T02:01:10.181823Z [1244] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Unexpected token ILLEGAL", palmInitFramework367:2569
    Thanks again in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction on this.

    JG
  3.    #1583  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey all --

    I'm having a little more trouble with Save/Restore since my conversion to a Sprint Franken-Pre2... this particular trouble is related to the ZZZ Save Restore Zip script from the /contrib directory.

    In the past, I have used this add-on script successfully across multiple device transitions: Sprint Pre with 1.4.5, Sprintified VZW Pre+ with 1.4.5, same Sprint-ified VZW Pre+ with 2.1.0...

    But after converting to the Pre2 (Sprint with 2.1.0) a week or so ago, I hadn't yet pulled the org.webosinternals.saverestore script from /contrib and put it into /var/svs/org.webostinternals.saverestore/.... I just did that and saw that S/R does not load the script in the usable Save list.

    Tried full shutdown and reboot, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the S/R app, but no luck.

    Just grabbed the lumberjack logs and opened S/R and I can clearly see a parsing error related to this [Bolded below], along with several other errors which do not appear on my prior devices.... But I don't know why...

    Anyone else ever see anything like this?



    Thanks again in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction on this.

    JG
    *sh: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.saverestore: Permission denied,*

    Make sure you chmod ugo+x on any scripts you copy in manually.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #1584  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    *sh: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.saverestore: Permission denied,*

    Make sure you chmod ugo+x on any scripts you copy in manually.

    -- Rod
    you can also use Internalz. Tap the file,select Info, linux properties and make sure the "X" is ON for all three.

    (Rod, I know you know this...this is for everyone else)
    adam
  5. #1585  
    Thanks Rod. It seems that some weird things have happened to my file system. Never had to do this before and Dropboxify can no longer 'see' any of the files from my /media/internal/ folder... the next step in my daily backup process is a (manual) upload of that zip file created by ZZZ Saverestore Zip to Dropbox and these files are no longer being shown as available to upload via Dropboxify --- they are not tagged as masked, hidden, or read only, but it seems they are not being included in the file system "document" index. Have you seen this before. I won't take this thread further off topic, but I thought I'd ask here. (I'm off to the hospital momentarily anyway for my the arrival of our twins, so I'll get back to this in a few days.) Thanks
  6. #1586  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Thanks Rod. It seems that some weird things have happened to my file system. Never had to do this before and Dropboxify can no longer 'see' any of the files from my /media/internal/ folder... the next step in my daily backup process is a (manual) upload of that zip file created by ZZZ Saverestore Zip to Dropbox and these files are no longer being shown as available to upload via Dropboxify --- they are not tagged as masked, hidden, or read only, but it seems they are not being included in the file system "document" index. Have you seen this before. I won't take this thread further off topic, but I thought I'd ask here. (I'm off to the hospital momentarily anyway for my the arrival of our twins, so I'll get back to this in a few days.) Thanks
    try using Internalz to copy the ZIP file to a diferent directory then check to see if Dropboxify can see it.. I think this is a 2.x bug that doesnt refresh the file system for files trying to read it..
  7. #1587  
    Will WiFi Media Sync 2.0 backup the contents of /media/internal/saverestore

    I did a quick search and found no answer I'm at work and can't spend a ton of time looking. It would be really nice if it did because then between that app and the palm backups almost everything would be backed up off of the phone.

    Thanks!
  8. #1588  
    @JamMasterClay

    Yes, I haven't tried it but you should be able to.

    When Wifi Media Sync app is opened
    Once connected, click on "Upload Files", then scroll towards the bottom and you will see a couple of files that start with /media/internal/saverestore/.......

    You would want all of those ones, I am pretty sure there is a forum for that app also

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...available.html
  9. #1589  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Will need to check with Sconix on this one.


    if you look at the latest deviceinfo script, you will see that it has some checks for the webOS version #, since auto-correct backup is totally different in 2.0. And, unfortunately, there is no known way to backup the Text Assist data in 2.0. I tried to work on it but can't get it to work ,and it does NOT back up to your Palm Profile.


    Yea, i hear you...will get around to fixing the Readme file. if you want to update the Wiki, go for it! I have not had a chance to get in there at all, myself
    Has any progress been made in backing up the auto-correct info or does it still stand impossible?
  10. #1590  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Has any progress been made in backing up the auto-correct info or does it still stand impossible?
    I've been working on this... Should hopefully have something to announce tomorrow... Won't be a full backup/restore option, but it will be something. Keep your eyes peeled to PreCentral's front page tomorrow for more details

    adam
  11. #1591  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I've been working on this... Should hopefully have something to announce tomorrow... Won't be a full backup/restore option, but it will be something. Keep your eyes peeled to PreCentral's front page tomorrow for more details

    adam
    I look forward to it with bated breath You guys really are amazing!
  12. #1592  
    Save/Restore 1.4.6 has been pushed out to the testing feeds.

    Based on the code in this thread ( http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=3006347 ) we were able to automate a BACKUP of the text assist entries for your learned words or shortcuts. However, there is no way to restore it at the moment. However, if you look in that thread (or at today's Tip of the day at Export Text Assist learned words and shortcuts [webOS 2.x] (homebrew) | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net ) you will see that there is code to manually add entries via command line. If you know how, you can parse out the data from the backups and create a script to automatically run that will allow you to manually add back those entries after a doctor or device swap...

    so, not a full backup/restore solution, but it's a start. Please test and let me know if you have any issues

    Also, I will be going through the forums over the next day or so to pick up all the scripts that have been posted and should get another update out soon. Otherwise, please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

    NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

    NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  13. #1593  
    has anyone tried this on their Touchpads?
  14.    #1594  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    has anyone tried this on their Touchpads?
    The version in the testing feed should work, but hasn't been fully updated for the TouchPad. Whatever works will be safe to do, but expect a number of items to fail when saving or restoring.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #1595  
    i can confirm that the save/restore worked fine on my Touchpad, restoring my phone app data
  16. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #1596  
    I haven't been able to get this installed on my touchpad. It goes through the install normally but it isnt there. :-(
  17. #1597  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The version in the testing feed should work, but hasn't been fully updated for the TouchPad. Whatever works will be safe to do, but expect a number of items to fail when saving or restoring.

    -- Rod
    Hey Rod,

    On the webos-internals page on how to add the testing feeds, it asks to add the "/all" and the other testing feed that correlates to your device. Is there one specific to the TP? It isn't arm7 is it?

    -Grand
  18.    #1598  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Hey Rod,

    On the webos-internals page on how to add the testing feeds, it asks to add the "/all" and the other testing feed that correlates to your device. Is there one specific to the TP? It isn't arm7 is it?

    -Grand
    I've updated the wiki page.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #1599  
    Hey, here are scripts for MiniSquadron and FitTrack Trial (30 Day Trial version in the app catalog, different from the Beta).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  20. #1600  
    Here is the Scripts for : "Clock In" and "Clock In Trial"


    Have a good one...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions