Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you want to have your favourite application supported, then we propose a bounty system where someone who requests support for an application offers twice the cost of the application as a bounty (so the developer who adds support can buy that app for testing, plus another of their choosing for themselves, which they will then be likely to support with a saverestore script as well).

Note that a bounty is for the initial addition of support for the desired application, it must not have any strings attached regarding ensuring that application continues to be supported into the future if webOS or the application changes.
    -- Rod
    I would like to offer up a bounty, but not for a specific game. I want to be able to save my launcher icons that I have added via the browser "Add to Launcher" or contacts I have added or additional shortcuts that I have added via the homebrew app dg Quick Cut. e.g. I have an entire page of about 20 web bookmarks that I have added with specifics icons for each one and I have to recreate them every time I doctor or swap the phone. I want to find a way to back up those icons!

So, I am willing to offer $25 for anyone who can figure out how to save these icons.

And, I will add another $10 (for a separate bounty, but a total of $35 available) to the mix if you are able to figure out how to totally reinstate the placement of all my icons. I know that the app catalog icons will go back on the pages they came from after a doctor, but homebrew apps do not. Also, I had an issue where all my launcher icons got moved to the first page during a botched patch removal and it took me DAYS to get everything back across all 5 of my launcher pages.

So, total of $35 out there if anyone knows how to save and restore launcher icon and page locations!

NOTE: Per Post #152 below, user DDT1345 has added $5 to the "add to launcher" bounty. So current bounty is $30 for the "Add to Launcher" restore and $10 for the "reinstate placement of icons" restore
    Last edited by Audemars02; 04/25/2010 at 07:36 PM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    rwhitby, I have been using your products (and other developers on this team) for a while and would like to contribute towards this and others. Is the best way through the paypal link in the first post?
    Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    rwhitby, I have been using your products (and other developers on this team) for a while and would like to contribute towards this and others. Is the best way through the paypal link in the first post?
    Bounty received, and accepted.

Save/Restore 0.6.9 now supports WSOP3 (the bountied app) and The Settlers (the one I bought as well).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thanks Rod!
    Is it possible to add the xbox friends app to this. Would be great to not have to type them all back in after a trip to the dr.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    any chance we can get to save all the feeds that we have add to preware also???
    Is there any estimate of how long it will take to restore messaging app texts. I really want to doctor my phone but I don't want to lose my texts. I already backed up the texts but idk how to restore them. So I'd like to know about how long it takes. Another question I have is why are we able to back up the messaging app & the memos app if we can't restore. What do we do with the backed up file? Just wondering. Awesome work though. I can't wait.
    The backed up messaging/memo is an HTML file that you can open with your browser and see all your conversations and notes.

It's just a raw (but slightly formatted) text dump.
    Hey Rod. A WINMob cell phone user pointed me to all these developments, Save/Restore, PrewareAlpha, new additions to Preware....etc. I've been busy and haven't been following this site very much lately.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE all of this. (And WebOS QI also.)

One thought about the Save/Restore I had and think it would be beneficial to users of the application, and developers of applications in which it points to. How about if you added the ability to go to the Supported Applications list and click/touch on the app and get brought to the download/install location for that app. I see some in that listing that I do not have installed, and if I wanted a very quick way to install it, I tried clicking on the name. But, nothing happened.

I just think it may help everyone around. What do ya think?

Thanks to everyone in the developers community for all what they do.
    Could you please support the German Paid version of Need for Speed too?

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

I assume the stored data is the same format in all versions, just the app name would need to be added?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I would like to offer up a bounty, but not for a specific game. I want to be able to save my launcher icons that I have added via the browser "Add to Launcher" or contacts I have added or additional shortcuts that I have added via the homebrew app dg Quick Cut. e.g. I have an entire page of about 20 web bookmarks that I have added with specifics icons for each one and I have to recreate them every time I doctor or swap the phone. I want to find a way to back up those icons!

So, I am willing to offer $25 for anyone who can figure out how to save these icons.

And, I will add another $10 (for a separate bounty, but a total of $35 available) to the mix if you are able to figure out how to totally reinstate the placement of all my icons. I know that the app catalog icons will go back on the pages they came from after a doctor, but homebrew apps do not. Also, I had an issue where all my launcher icons got moved to the first page during a botched patch removal and it took me DAYS to get everything back across all 5 of my launcher pages.

So, total of $35 out there if anyone knows how to save and restore launcher icon and page locations!
    I will add to this bounty another $5. I would also like to restore my saved "Add to Launcher" bookmarks as well as my icon locations after a doctor. I think there are others that would like this as well. If so, speak up and add to the bounty.

To everyone at WebOS-Internals, you guys do an awesome job. A donation (separate from this bounty) for all of that hard work (Preware, Save/Restore, etc.) is on it's way.

Keep up the great work.

Kevin

EDIT: Donation made through PayPal.
    Last edited by DDT1345; 04/24/2010 at 02:29 PM.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Is there any estimate of how long it will take to restore messaging app texts.
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. The synergy database is extremely convoluted, and I'm not going to attempt a restore operation until Palm adds a clean API to do so.

Another question I have is why are we able to back up the messaging app & the memos app if we can't restore. What do we do with the backed up file?
    It's a HTML file, so you can display it in a browser.

-- Rod
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. The synergy database is extremely convoluted, and I'm not going to attempt a restore operation until Palm adds a clean API to do so.
    Would us teaming together and adding a bounty, help to speedup the message restore progress? I have no code/program experience, so I am unsure if throwing money at the situation helps. lol. But I guess money cannot ever hurt...
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by superdog87 View Post
    Would us teaming together and adding a bounty, help to speedup the message restore progress? I have no code/program experience, so I am unsure if throwing money at the situation helps. lol. But I guess money cannot ever hurt...
    For me personally, I spent a good couple of hours looking at the database dependencies and table structures, and I can tell you that money will not influence my decision to stay right away from trying to do a safe restore of those type of things into the PalmDatabase.db3 file.

However, I'm sure there are lots of people with far more extensive database experience than my meagre skills in that area, so it can't hurt seeing if a bounty will draw them out of the woodwork. But be very wary of partial solutions that cause problems downsteam ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/25/2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    I will add to this bounty another $5. I would also like to restore my saved "Add to Launcher" bookmarks as well as my icon locations after a doctor. I think there are others that would like this as well. If so, speak up and add to the bounty.

To everyone at WebOS-Internals, you guys do an awesome job. A donation (separate from this bounty) for all of that hard work (Preware, Save/Restore, etc.) is on it's way.

Keep up the great work.

Kevin

EDIT: Donation made through PayPal.
    GREAT! So that brings the bounty for the "Add to launcher" icons to $30. Anyone else want to add to it!?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    GREAT! So that brings the bounty for the "Add to launcher" icons to $30. Anyone else want to add to it!?
    Sure. I've donated $5 to the bounty, and a bit extra to support the amazing work of those at WebOS Internals. If more smartphone users were aware of the incredible capabilities of WebOS, as a direct result of the WebOS Internals "magic," Palm's success would be assured! Thank you Rod et al.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Any chance in adding Hero Of Sparta support? Thanks for a kick-*** app guys!
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredwagonkid View Post
    The other thing I noticed I noticed was that S/R does not seem to retain the color theme selected after the app closes or after a restart.
    This should be fixed in 0.7.0 thanks to Oil.

Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    Could you please support the German Paid version of Need for Speed too?
    Added to 0.7.0

And, I will add another $10 (for a separate bounty, but a total of $35 available) to the mix if you are able to figure out how to totally reinstate the placement of all my icons.
    I've added some initial support for the launcher icons (including the quicklaunch bar) in 0.7.0 too. It will need some further testing to identify any limitations. Note that you need to do a Luna Restore after restore for the Launcher.

-- Rod
    I've added some initial support for the launcher icons (including the quicklaunch bar) in 0.7.0 too. It will need some further testing to identify any limitations. Note that you need to do a Luna Restore after restore for the Launcher.

-- Rod
    Awesome... I am travelling most of today, so I will have to wait until later today to test this. but if it works as advertised, just let me know where to send the money to!

Like any of my work:
  20.    #160  
    Awesome... I am travelling most of today, so I will have to wait until later today to test this. but if it works as advertised, just let me know where to send the money to!
    Hold on to the bounty until it's well tested.

The Paypal address is in my signature for the items that I develop.

I'm still hoping that other developers will start claiming some of these bounties too ...

-- Rod
Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast