Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks for the patch. I added the scrim back in (to disable things while the spinner was spinning), and pushed the result as 1.4.3 to the testing feed.

-- Rod
    Happy to contribute! Looks good with both the scrim and the spinner in there and leaving the scrim in keeps those impatient types from premature tapping.
    Just wanted to report something I mentioned a while back and is still happening... it's not a huge deal, but just thought I'd bring it up again in case it's a bug.

I'm using the ZZZ Save Restore ZIP 'add-on' script. I have used this for a while and love that I can create an point-in-time archive of my entire S/R directory to backup (via a manual dropboxify upload most mornings I remember to do it).

The issue I see (and have seen for a long while now) is:

• when running a full "Save Application Data" including the "ZZZ Save Restore Zip" script at the same time as all of my other scripts for S/R supported apps,
    • the resulting zip file that is created is essentially twice as large as it needs to be This is because each sub-folder under \saverestore\ includes both the current and prior zips file for each of the currently installed and supported applications.
    • I imagine this is happening because while S/R is running a save operation it is creating the new application data zip but the old (prior) application data zip for each supported app is not deleted (cleaned up) until after the entire process completes.
    • Hence, when ZZZ Save Restore Zip (which is the last script to run) executes, it is zipping all of the folder contents before the S/R app has run the cleanup to remove the legacy app data zips files...

I used to work my way around this by first running ALL scripts (except ZZZ Saverestore Zip), exiting the save scene (to clean up the old app data zips in each folder), reentering the save scene, and then running just ZZZ.... this eliminated the duplication. However now that I have learned how to include ZZZ in my automated nightly S/R backup, I'm seeing the double-sized backup files again.

Anyway, as I mentioned this is not a huge issue and certainly not causing any harm --it's just a bit annoying really. My S/R backup strategy is to keep the past 14 nights, then each prior Sunday for 3 months. So it's not a space killer, just something that I thought I'd mention (unfortunately, my programming skills are obsolete --anyone need a Fortran programmer?--- so I can't help fix it at this time.)

Anyway, many thanks to Rod and other contributers to the app and to Adam for playing the role of head script honcho.

One final thought on S/R -- my "ideal" S/R nightly backup would automate the ZZZ Zip file upload to dropbox (in case anyone wants to take that on!!!) I wish dropboxify would include the functionality to have a 'watch' folder(s) and nightly upload -- because that would accomplish the same thing as well.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 05/27/2011 at 01:59 PM.
  3.    #1563  
    The dual zip files are intentional. If you accidentally change a file, and then a backup happens immediately afterwards, you will want to have the previous backup available to restore the previous version of the file.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. No real problem as I mentioned. I wasn't seeing dual zips when 'normally' running S/R with all selected. It only seemed to happen when I was using the ZZZ Save Restore Zip add-on script so I figured I'd ask. No worries though. Just thought I'd report something that looked to be a bit out of the ordinary.

Thanks.
    OK, I hate to be the PITA guy posting in this thread recently, but I had a weird experience with S/R & Preware last night that I thought I'd report.

Background is: I just converted my Sprint Franken-Pre+ (VZW hardware) with WebOS 2.1 installed to a Sprint Franken-Pre2 (obviously also WebOS 2.1) last night.

For the purposes of asking a 'good question' the process went like this:

• MetaDoctor (Wubi), Hardware conversion went flawlessly.
    • Preware install and update to went perfectly (initially on the clean device, I used the Windows desktop installer on Win Vista to install and subsequently this morning I have reinstalled via XTerm command line on device to 1.6.2).
    • Downloaded S/R via Preware.
    • Immediately before converting the device, I had updated Preware's Saved Packages list, ran an S/R backup, and moved /media/internal folders (including saverestore) to my PC.
    • After hardware conversion, I moved all the S/R files back to the Pre2 /media/internal partition.
    • Ran a restore of Preware
    • All Preware settings and feeds returned just fine EXCEPT the saved package list -- which shows JUST 1 package -- Ad Blocker by Jason R. No other packages are coming back.
    • So far, I have tried a few things: Went back about a week in my S/R archives to try a different S/R Preware Zip archive. No joy. Also tried to remove and reinstall Preware (using XTerm and wget sh this time -- also No joy)

• For me, my reassembled Pre+ with radio and wifi both off is still running and has Preware still on it, so I can go back and manually ensure I reinstall all of my Beta feed apps, HB apps and and patches. I'm just confused about what happened to the Saved Package list backup via S/R (corrupted??) On that device the Saved Package list is 100+ items strong. Not sure why it didn't make its way back into Preware on the new device. I also double checked the Preware zip file and see that packageDB file is about 300kb so I would assume that the data is all there, it's just not making it's way back to Preware.

I searched for this issues and only found people reporting this when they had used WebOSQI to install either Preware or S/R. Not the case for me at all.

Any ideas about what might have happened here? More out of curiosity than urgency at the moment?

I'm happy to offer to send my S/R zip file for Preware to anyone who wants to test / debug...
    Last edited by greenawayj; 06/03/2011 at 11:31 AM.
    For what its worth, I had a very similar experience to the guy above.. I specifically did an update of my saved package list on my old phone and another S/R instance to make sure it was backed up.. but when I restored either of the 2 zip's for Preware on the Pre2, I only had like the first 7 of my patches/apps listed in saved package list alphabetized from like A to F. Tried this several more times thinking I'd done something wrong but no matter what, those were the only saved packages I could get to restore. Ended up having to try and rack my brain to remember all the patches I had installed so I could reinstall them.. There is a bug somewhere..
  7.    #1567  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    OK, I hate to be the PITA guy posting in this thread recently, but I had a weird experience with S/R & Preware last night that I thought I'd report.

Background is: I just converted my Sprint Franken-Pre+ (VZW hardware) with WebOS 2.1 installed to a Sprint Franken-Pre2 (obviously also WebOS 2.1) last night.

For the purposes of asking a 'good question' the process went like this:

• MetaDoctor (Wubi), Hardware conversion went flawlessly.
    • Preware install and update to went perfectly (initially on the clean device, I used the Windows desktop installer on Win Vista to install and subsequently this morning I have reinstalled via XTerm command line on device to 1.6.2).
    • Downloaded S/R via Preware.
    • Immediately before converting the device, I had updated Preware's Saved Packages list, ran an S/R backup, and moved /media/internal folders (including saverestore) to my PC.
    • After hardware conversion, I moved all the S/R files back to the Pre2 /media/internal partition.
    • Ran a restore of Preware
    • All Preware settings and feeds returned just fine EXCEPT the saved package list -- which shows JUST 1 package -- Ad Blocker by Jason R. No other packages are coming back.
    • So far, I have tried a few things: Went back about a week in my S/R archives to try a different S/R Preware Zip archive. No joy. Also tried to remove and reinstall Preware (using XTerm and wget sh this time -- also No joy)

• For me, my reassembled Pre+ with radio and wifi both off is still running and has Preware still on it, so I can go back and manually ensure I reinstall all of my Beta feed apps, HB apps and and patches. I'm just confused about what happened to the Saved Package list backup via S/R (corrupted??) On that device the Saved Package list is 100+ items strong. Not sure why it didn't make its way back into Preware on the new device. I also double checked the Preware zip file and see that packageDB file is about 300kb so I would assume that the data is all there, it's just not making it's way back to Preware.

I searched for this issues and only found people reporting this when they had used WebOSQI to install either Preware or S/R. Not the case for me at all.

Any ideas about what might have happened here? More out of curiosity than urgency at the moment?

I'm happy to offer to send my S/R zip file for Preware to anyone who wants to test / debug...
    Thanks - that is an example of a good question

Yes, I will want to take a look at your zip file for Preware that was saved.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod -- Here is the zip file (under org.webosinternal.preware folder) from my Sprint Pre+ (WebOS 2.1) to Sprint Pre2 (2.1) conversion from Thursday night. This was the "Save" I did on the Pre+ immediately after "Updating" the saved package list in preware and immediately prior to backing up /media/internal to my computer, shutting down the phone, and swapping my Comm board out...

As I noted above, the only package that appeared in the Preware saved packages list on the Pre2 after doing a restore of Preware from S/R was "Ad Blocker" patch (which happens to be the first alphabetically)... All other Preware restore items (feed list and preferences) worked fine...

Thanks for looking into this Rod.

John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    @greenawayj:
    Did you try to remove and then reinstall Preware, and after that trying to restore the saved package list again?

By the way I had problems too with the saved package list, it only showed the first few after a restore and all after that package didn't show up in the list.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  10.    #1570  
    Hi Rod -- Here is the zip file (under org.webosinternal.preware folder) from my Sprint Pre+ (WebOS 2.1) to Sprint Pre2 (2.1) conversion from Thursday night. This was the "Save" I did on the Pre+ immediately after "Updating" the saved package list in preware and immediately prior to backing up /media/internal to my computer, shutting down the phone, and swapping my Comm board out...

As I noted above, the only package that appeared in the Preware saved packages list on the Pre2 after doing a restore of Preware from S/R was "Ad Blocker" patch (which happens to be the first alphabetically)... All other Preware restore items (feed list and preferences) worked fine...

Thanks for looking into this Rod.

John
    If you unpack this .zip file, and do an sqlite3 .dump on the packageDB file inside it, you will see all the saved packages list (I see almost 100 packages in that file).

So now we need to work out why that is not being loaded back into Preware.

Can you install Lumberjack and see if Preware shows any errors as you are starting it after restoring the packageDB file using Save/Restore? I suspect there is a javascript error somewhere preventing the loading of all of the rest of the apps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just to add a "me too" to this issue, I had the same problem as greenaway & pcworld. After doctoring, installing preware & save / restore, restoring preware from save / restore, I only had a handful of patches & apps show on the saved packages list in preware. Like greenaway, my save / restore database was complete. I've manually re-installed everything so I can't get you logs.

This was on a Verizon Pre 2 with stock webOS 2.0.1 if that might make any difference.
    If you unpack this .zip file, and do an sqlite3 .dump on the packageDB file inside it, you will see all the saved packages list (I see almost 100 packages in that file).

So now we need to work out why that is not being loaded back into Preware.

Can you install Lumberjack and see if Preware shows any errors as you are starting it after restoring the packageDB file using Save/Restore? I suspect there is a javascript error somewhere preventing the loading of all of the rest of the apps.

-- Rod
    I didn't have sqlite3 on any of my machines, but I kind of figured by just the file size of the packageDB, that it had correctly reflected my almost 100 packages.

I have Lumberjack installed and I'll try to recreate the S/R Preware restore tonight and get you the logs.

If for some reason you don't hear from me within a day or so, it would be because my wife (who is scheduled to have a c-section on Monday) went into labor sooner to bring our twins into this world. For names, I'm thinking Rod and Priya! (I'm not sure my wife gets it, so maybe I'll actually get one of those two passsed her!!)
  13.    #1573  
    If for some reason you don't hear from me within a day or so, it would be because my wife (who is scheduled to have a c-section on Monday) went into labor sooner to bring our twins into this world. For names, I'm thinking Rod and Priya! (I'm not sure my wife gets it, so maybe I'll actually get one of those two passsed her!!)
    You're in the US, right? Call the baby "Rob" instead, and save him the trouble of continually having to correct people about his name

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    You're in the US, right? Call the baby "Rob" instead, and save him the trouble of continually having to correct people about his name

-- Rod
    Yes. I'm in the Boston area.

Come on! Rodney Dangerfield is an American classic ("Back to School" is literally one of the classic movies of my youth). Everyone loves Rod. Most of the 2 or 3 Rods I know are Rodneys. Are you just Rod, or a Rodney, or Roderick? (or is that classified information?)

Have a great Wednesday!
  15.    #1575  
    If you are having problems restoring a saved package list, please try Preware 1.6.4 in the testing feed.

-- Rod
    If you are having problems restoring a saved package list, please try Preware 1.6.4 in the testing feed.

-- Rod
    Confirming FIXED. Thanks very much. I hadn't had time to go through and do a manual patch & homebrew app review, install, and update yet. Just clicked install all and they all came back automatically!!!

Sorry for the delay, but I actually grabbed the relevant logs while waiting for a meeting to start this morning. I know most of the below will be OBE as we used to say in my military days... (OBE = Overcome by events Overcome by events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

...but just in case it matters for ongoing debugging, my process and log outputs follow:

Process:

• Replace the two zip files in /media/internal/saverestore/org.webosinternals.preware with the zip file from the time of my Pre2 conversion last week
    • Open Preware (1.6.3 at the time)
    • Update Saved Pkg list (to my current installed packages which did not reflect all of my formerly installed packages before my Pre2 conversion last week)
    • Close Preware
    • Start Save/Restore
    • Restore Preware
    • backswipe until Save/Restore reloaded the application list and restore points
    • Close Save/Restore
    • Full Device Restart
    • Start Preware (skipped feed updates)
    • Opened saved package list, back-swipe, opened saved pkg list again, back-swipe, opened saved package list again, updated Saved Package List
    • Each of the 3 times I opened the saved package list, I found just the "Ad blocker" patch

Below are the lumberjack outputs from the two phases of that process:

Save/Restore phase:

Here is the log from Save/Restore:

2011-06-08T16:47:55.857330Z [5622] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: Requested submission : 367, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:47:55.861907Z [5622] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: Current locale is en_us, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:47:57.404693Z [5624] palm-webos user.warning LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Warning: document had scroll top set, resetting., palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:47:57.638275Z [5624] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: About to activate scene main, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:47:57.864959Z [5624] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: Transition ended., palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:48:49.113006Z [5675] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: Relaunch requested for application: org.webosinternals.saverestore, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:49:00.682617Z [5687] palm-webos user.warning LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Warning: WARNING: modelChanged() found no watchers. Did you call it with the ORIGINAL model object, and not a replacement?, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:49:01.017395Z [5687] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: About to activate scene restore, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:49:01.030487Z [5687] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: Transition ended., palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:49:15.926910Z [5702] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: About to activate scene main, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:49:15.954071Z [5702] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: Beginning native scene transition: zoom-fade , isPop= true, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:49:16.089233Z [5702] palm-webos user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Info: Transition ended., palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T16:49:52.935852Z [5739] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined, palmInitFramework367:14074
    After the full restart, the lumberjack logs for Preware were:

2011-06-08T16:59:32.190887Z [244] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.veeho.sdlterminal): { "Title":"SDLTerminal", "LastUpdated":"", "Icon":"http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/587/icon.png", "Homepage":"http://www.precentral.net/sdlterminal", "License":"Other", "FullDescription":"<p>SDLTerminal is a lightweight terminal for the Palm Pre 1/2. The goal of the design is to ensure stability and compatibility on webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x Pre devices. Works out of the box without depending on configuration through other Apps. There are no prerequisites, everything you need is setup in the installation package.</p>\n<p>&nbsp;</p>\n<p><strong>Key bindings:</strong><br /><br /> SYM + b = &lt;<br /> SYM + h = [<br /> SYM + j = ]<br /> SYM + n = &gt;<br /> SYM + o = ~<br /> SYM + q = ESC<br /> SYM + t = TAB<br /> SYM + u = }<br /> SYM + y = {<br /> SYM + x = |<br /> SYM + z = \<br /> SYM + l = `<br /> SYM + p = ^<br /><br /> SYM + w = UP<br /> SYM + a =
    2011-06-08T16:59:36.514862Z [248] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [packagesModel#loadSavedGetOK], (TypeError): "Cannot read property 'appCatalog' of undefined", palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T17:01:50.346954Z [379] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.veeho.sdlterminal): { "Title":"SDLTerminal", "LastUpdated":"", "Icon":"http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/587/icon.png", "Homepage":"http://www.precentral.net/sdlterminal", "License":"Other", "FullDescription":"<p>SDLTerminal is a lightweight terminal for the Palm Pre 1/2. The goal of the design is to ensure stability and compatibility on webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x Pre devices. Works out of the box without depending on configuration through other Apps. There are no prerequisites, everything you need is setup in the installation package.</p>\n<p>&nbsp;</p>\n<p><strong>Key bindings:</strong><br /><br /> SYM + b = &lt;<br /> SYM + h = [<br /> SYM + j = ]<br /> SYM + n = &gt;<br /> SYM + o = ~<br /> SYM + q = ESC<br /> SYM + t = TAB<br /> SYM + u = }<br /> SYM + y = {<br /> SYM + x = |<br /> SYM + z = \<br /> SYM + l = `<br /> SYM + p = ^<br /><br /> SYM + w = UP<br /> SYM + a =
    2011-06-08T17:01:55.130767Z [384] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [packagesModel#loadSavedGetOK], (TypeError): "Cannot read property 'appCatalog' of undefined", palmInitFramework367:2569
    2011-06-08T17:02:33.889373Z [422] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse (com.veeho.sdlterminal): { "Title":"SDLTerminal", "LastUpdated":"", "Icon":"http://media.precentral.net/resources/application-icons/000/015/587/icon.png", "Homepage":"http://www.precentral.net/sdlterminal", "License":"Other", "FullDescription":"<p>SDLTerminal is a lightweight terminal for the Palm Pre 1/2. The goal of the design is to ensure stability and compatibility on webOS 1.4.5 and 2.x Pre devices. Works out of the box without depending on configuration through other Apps. There are no prerequisites, everything you need is setup in the installation package.</p>\n<p>&nbsp;</p>\n<p><strong>Key bindings:</strong><br /><br /> SYM + b = &lt;<br /> SYM + h = [<br /> SYM + j = ]<br /> SYM + n = &gt;<br /> SYM + o = ~<br /> SYM + q = ESC<br /> SYM + t = TAB<br /> SYM + u = }<br /> SYM + y = {<br /> SYM + x = |<br /> SYM + z = \<br /> SYM + l = `<br /> SYM + p = ^<br /><br /> SYM + w = UP<br /> SYM + a =
    2011-06-08T17:02:38.130432Z [427] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.preware: Error: EXCEPTION [packagesModel#loadSavedGetOK], (TypeError): "Cannot read property 'appCatalog' of undefined", palmInitFramework367:2569
  17.    #1577  
    After the full restart, the lumberjack logs for Preware were:
    The very last error there is the one that would have told me exactly what the problem was

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Awesome! What great timing...I was just starting to tear my hair out because I couldn't get my saved package list updated after doctoring. Thanks Rod! Now I just need to figure out how to keep my memos when I upgrade to 2.1...
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Attached is a script for the app "DORK 1".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have successfully used Save/Restore to back up my Messaging app contents with 1.4.5. However, on my Verizon 2.0.1, I don't see the Messaging app listed in the Save Application Data or Supported Applications list. Do I need a new version of Save/Restore for WebOS 2.0.1? If not, is there a work around that anyone can suggest?